Tennis Forum banner

Hindrance's pics and reports at AO2013

15K views 102 replies 31 participants last post by  Daebak. 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, I will be posting pics and reports for the first 5/6 days of the AO and todays qualifying.

Dolonc vs. Sema
loudest match of the day :lol: the 2 girls were grunting pretty loud and Sema was 'mon mon' on everything :lol: didn't watch it though, just heard it :oh: Yurika was also watching

Malek vs. Gibbs
Didn't sit to watch but there was a point where Malek hit like 6 BH slices in a row :spit:

Nara vs. Kumkhum
Kumkhum has two hands both sides, didn't really sit to watch as well, saw Tanasugarn was also watching on

Sirotkina vs. Feuerstein
Sirotkina looks like a mini Woz :oh:

Gavrilova vs. Bouchard
Gavrilova had points for 4-1 then Eugenie pulled it back, I left at 4-5 to go to Sugarpova launch :oh: Thats when Genie starting losing :rolleyes:

Zhou vs. Konta
From what a saw, Zhou was a very clean good ball striker, Judy Murray was also watching

Ar Rodionova vs. Parra Santonja
I came in at 3-3 in the last set, was a pretty scrappy match though, Parra Santonja couldn't get a ball in the court.

Chan vs. Falconi
Bless the Chinese supporters :bowdown: not a single seat left in the stands, and they really got behind Latisha. Falconi looks a bit.. big.

I'll upload pics soon and pics of Masha's sugarpova launch as well :wavey:

See less See more
#38 ·
Re: Hindrance at AO2013

^ i didn't really watch it sorry.

Hsieh v Arruabarrena
Some quality tennis at times, Su-Wei seems like her footwork is really lazy though, but still she has great movement :lol: and the crowd were like doing an 'Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi' version of Su-Wei's name :lol: the Taipei and Chinese fans have been great this open :yeah:

Suarez v Errani
Watched the last few games, Carla hit some amazing shots, not sure what Errani was thinking of when she tried to go into the net off a moonball :spit:

Schiavone v Kvitova
Watched a bit of the first set, as we expected it was a shit fest, although there were some great shots from Petra here and there though.

Putintseva v McHale
Wow, :lol: Putintseva was so annoying :facepalm: 'Come on, davaj' after every single point she won :help: Lucky I wasn't there in the second set, she might have killed someone :scared:

Muguruza v Rybarikova
Tuned in at 7-7 in the last set, some quality winners from Garbine and some excellent drop shots from Magda. Magda had some MPs but tried to play it safe by slicing everything and Garbine would just hit a winner off it. Garbine then had a few MPs then her shots when 2m's long. Then in the last game there was a really long point and then Magda didn't move and she was in some pain or something. She was like stretching her leg, it looked like a cramp. And the next point she didn't even bother.

Hlavackova v Vekic
Donna was impressive :D She can hit some very good winners. Andrea also had some good clean winners of her forehand, her first serve is :drool: when it gets in though she had some double faults in the second game.

Robson v Oudin
Wow, :lol: Oudin is absolutely useless and weaponless :tape: When she tried to be agressive her shots would go 5ms out :tape: On the other hand Laura was :drool: Had many aces and was bossing around Oudin everywhere.

Other things

- On D1 I saw Hingis 3 times
- I saw Sharapova, Serena, Aga and Venus, Stosur practice
- chingching - I saw Kontaveit outside Putintseva or Vekic's match, one of them I cant remember
- Lepchenko and Robson went to practice more straight after their matches :spit:

#41 ·

Here is some more Day 1 pics. I have more pics and just say the player you want and I'll upload it

Berdych practice

Woz practice

Rus practice

Serena with her bf Practice

Olga Puchkova

Masha drinking :oh:

Masha with banana :oh:

Legend

Sam

Mandy

Kerber

Bertens

Dani

#53 ·

i thought it might've been about all the yellow kit, the exact same colour as the balls! :lol: surely that is borderline hindrance
I know there's quite a few people on here who've taken on technical terms as names, but it _is_ amusing. :bounce::sobbing::D:rolls:
(No offense meant though.)

I'm just glad that Petkorazzi's :dance: hasn't been declared verboten by the tour ...yet. :lol::hysteric: Phew!

#54 ·
DAY 3 REPORT
Kerber v. Hradecka
Watched most of the first set, Hradecka had lovely winners here and there and she hits the ball sooo hard. Kerber couldn't do anything with the ball :spit: Hradecka can't return though :help:

Keys vs. Paszek
Watched the whole match, Maddie is on fire!! :worship: Paszek could not do anything with the ball :spit: Maddie's serve reached 191k once and her ground strokes are so lovely :drool: Paszek's forehand is so weird :spit:

Koehler vs. Jankovic
:spit: I went in and JJ was already being dramatic and getting a MTO :rolls:

Ivanovic vs. Chan
Chan couldn't do anything with the ball as well, Ana was on top of it. Chan can hit some lovely backhand down the lines though. Ana kept moonballing her bh :spit: the crowd was great, it was hilarious, there was a mexican wave, beach ball, people screaming everywhere and guys signing :spit: it was great though :yeah: and at that time Ana did a Hindrance :spit:

Minella/Moulton-Levy v. Martic/Mladenovic
I watched at the start of the second set for a bit, Megan is so much shorter then Mandy it was so funny to watch :rolls: Then I watched when M/M-L went 4-1 up, thats when they started playing terrible. Kristina/Petra kept lobing MML. Martic/Mladenovic made too much errors from the baseline though. At the point that brang up Match point for Mandy/Megan, Mladenovic hit a ball up over the fence thing and got a code violation. Then Mandy hit a smash on MP :drool: :inlove: Mladenovic and Martic were like 'idemo, ajde, come on' :rolls: I also got a pic with Mandy :) life complete.

Gajdosova/Zakopalova vs. Hsieh/Peng
Watched a bit of the first set, Jarka/Klara were horrible :sobbing: they couldn't return for shit. Well thats probably what happens when you combine 2 BBBs :spit:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.