Tennis Forum banner

Miami. 2012

52K views 1K replies 89 participants last post by  18majors 
#1 ·

On to the next one Masha, slay some Bitches :cheer:
New Tournament, New Dress :cheer:

See less See more
#2 ·
If she doesn't withdraw (which I'm still not 100% sure about), I REALLY hope she draws Kim :drool: Even though I'd give Kim a slight edge on hardcourts (assuming she's inform), I just want to see them play atleast one more time before Kim retires, firstly for the sake of the WTA :lol: and also because for whatever reason Maria just always seems to be really up for it whenever she plays any of the old guard bar Serena. Probably her best tennis of 2009-10 was in those first two sets against Kim in Cincinnati (before the choke), and also the way she was so fearless against Justine at RG back in 2010. Compare that to the way she always seems so unsure of herself against Azarenka. I don't know why, maybe it's just because she always has memories brought back of playing great against the old guard back at her peak even when she plays them now :lol:

#3 ·
This also because I hate the fluke H2H with Clijsters, 5-3 in Kim's favour - 2 from '03 and another 2 matches ('05 USO SF and '10 Cinci final) that Masha should have won.

I'm not sure whether she'll play either but if she does I'd like a SF just for the points or a QF at the very least.

#5 ·
I'm not sure if her foot will really allow her to compete to her best in South Beach...I'm starting to think that her sluggish footwork may indeed be a result of some sort nagging injury. She was already very sluggish against Baby Anci and today it just got exposed big time by Azarenka. Anyway, if she's indeed fine I hope she reaches the final again and I PRAY that she is not facing belorussian in the final this time arround...

#9 ·
Well done James! ;) Let's hope Maria can have enough rest so that she can be at her best in this tournament! However I don't expect her to go that deep in the draw and defend all her points from last year. A QF or SF would be nice! (obviously in my dreams she reaches the final and defeats Serena 61 62 winning the trophy :hearts: but that's just a dream! :D)

The draw ceremony is supposed to happen today, am I right?

#14 ·
Although I don't have very high expectations for this one, if she's healthy and doesn't draw Serena in her quarter, she could easily reach another semifinal at the very least. But, I'm a little bit worried about that ankle :sad: I just hope that she'll play some nice tennis this and following week, and that her ground strokes will finally kick back in. I'm starting to miss the period when her serve was disastrous, but her ground game very strong :eek:

Good luck Masha :cheer: Let's do some slaying :devil:

#17 ·
please be more optimistic guys :lol:

remember AO final 2007 when she was being humiliated by serena (only won 3 games) but you know what happened in the following year.

look at the bright side, so far 2012 is better than her 2007 post AO.. so who knows?

i'm sure she will grab her fourth slam sooner or later. it's just the matter of time.

#19 ·
main draw is out. as far as i know:

1st Quarter Azarenka Bartoli

2nd Quarter Kvitova Radwanska

3rd Quarter Wozniacki Stosur S Williams

4th Quarter Sharapova Li

she has a good chance to take a revenge on Li. good. :)

#24 ·
Her first opponent will be Peer or a Qualifier from what I've understood! We have a possible QF with Na. Maria needs to beat her! It'll give her a tremendous amount of confidence after losing to her three times in a row!

#34 ·
Her first opponent will be Peer or a Qualifier from what I've understood! We have a possible QF with Na. Maria needs to beat her! It'll give her a tremendous amount of confidence after losing to her three times in a row!
4 times in a row already. :eek:
Masha just has to beat her if they were to meat in QFs. She has to.:(

#25 ·
OK, looks like a fairly kind draw... hopefully she can get through to the semis atleast, where she'll play Serena, Clijsters, Wozniacki or Stosur.

I just hope Li doesn't get through to the QFs because I still feel she's an even worse match-up for Maria than Azarenka is. And it's not even like it's that likely that Li will be an obstacle to a Grand Slam title this year, so there would be absolutely nothing gained from either beating or losing to her (whereas with Azarenka, you could atleast argue that when Maria loses to her there's a chance she learns from it and will be able to use it if she plays Azarenka at a Slam). So basically, playing Li is just an unnecessary nuisance :lol:

#26 ·
she ain't gonna lose to PEER lets get THAT straight ;) Vamos bitches, another day another tournament.

#30 ·
she's probably gonna play Barthel in the 4th round (I refuse to believe that Maria can lose to the likes of Peer and Errani:devil:) and then most probably Li/Kuznetsova. Not bad, the most important thing for Maria is improving her game and that damn FOOTWORK for once...

#31 ·
I'm kinda expecting her to make QF/SF now. If the SF are Vika vs. in-form Petra and Masha vs. Kim I'll be happy. And if Masha is to make another final, if her opponent is Azarenka she better win. I cannot cope with another loss to that overhyped grinder.

#33 ·
Hogstedt was Tommy Haas' coach if I remember right :shrug: I don't think his work took anything away from Maria's game, her lack of aggressiveness is more a mental condition imho: remember how afraid she was last year and how much more consistent she is now. I think she can still improve.

#35 ·
I like her draw, I hope Na will make QF and that Na-Masha match will happen. She needs to beat her! And Masha-Kim SF would be amazing! Maybe she needs sth like this, meet old opponent...like in 2010, she met Justine and following months she played great tennis.
Vika's draw:tape: no Serena, no Kim...she'll make SF again. I hope Petra will be playing good tennis to meet Vika in SF, she's able to beat her and end her winning streak.
My dream way to win this title: QF Na SF Kim F Petra. :inlove:
But seriously QF is a must.

#36 ·
Светльо;21125353 said:
A semifinal is within reach.

He needs fired. :eek: Bring somebody who has worked on the ATP like Gilbert or even Lundgren.
Hoggy was Tommy Haas' coach. :shrug:
And hell no to BG. :eek: Can't stand him and he used to be like the Woz of ATP basically.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.