Tennis Forum banner

Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread

129K views 2K replies 47 participants last post by  croat123 
#1 ·
Let's hear it for Tereza! She's 17 years old (born in November 1990). According to her ITF file, she was born in Pula but lives in Porec.

She reached her highest rank so far in May 2007, at #738. After that she didn't play for almost a year, until April of this yar (school?) so she lost her ranking.

She's now back in action and seems to be playing well. Last month, she reached the SF at the $10K in Mostar and the final at the $10K in Budva. This week, she's playing at the $10K in Torino. She qualified easily, winning both her qualie matches 60 60. The best part is that yesterday in the main draw, she won her first-round match against the #2 seed, Maria Irigoyen (#251 in the world), very easily: 61 61. Very impressive! Given that result, her next match, against Nancy Rustignoli (#819; never heard of her), should be very winnable.

With her first-round win yesterday, she'll be able to re-enter the rankings at around 860. Hopefully she'll keep winning this week and move up even higher than that.

Best of luck, Tereza!

#1,472 ·
I'm so happy for her. She played with so much heart today. She maybe isn't the best player in the world and she maybe isn't that technically gifted but her fighting spirit and her heart are from a true champion. She is such a inspiration for every young player.
Imagine what our other player could do with such a strong head and heart...
Now, it doesn't matter who she will play. Even if she loses 0:6 0:6 I will be proud about her tournament.
By the way what will be her ranking after that MD qualification?

#1,479 ·
First time through a grand slam qualies - CONGRATS! :worship:

I agree that whatever happens next she did what was expected of her, and then some. She fought like crazy for it and booked her place in a major, achieving pretty much the pinnacle of her career thus far. Definately something to be proud of.

Draw looks good to go even further, but I really don't want to get my hopes up for this. Enjoy your US Open Tere, relax and rest a bit and that give it your best once more. Who knows, it might be enough :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.