34K views 353 replies 43 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 ·
OLGA SAVCHUK(UKR)

Residence: Donetsk, Ukraine

Date of Birth: September 20, 1987

Birthplace: Makeevka, Ukraine

Height: 5'9" (1.75m)

Weight: 143 lbs. (65kg)

Plays: Right-handed (Two-handed backhand)

#3 ·
I made this thread bcuz i feel that she deserves her own thread after her good run at the Australian Open. I am current;y trying to find what her next tournaments are to make some kind of schedule for us to follow. Feel free to post if u are a fan, which i currently have become after seeing some of her match against Vesnina at he AO.

#126 ·
hey, i know Olga now for nearly a year and i made a small website about her, because i chat from time to time you can ask me some question and i'll send them to her, i also try to find out where she will be playing and of course i have pics of her, she'll give me in paris or london a cd with personal pics, but i'll put these on the net as soon as i have a more professional site of her, now it's still very easy but you'll be able to follow her results on that site.

www.olgasavchuk.populus.ch

#5 ·
Yup, i saw the Ukrainian Tennis thread, and i visit that every so often, but i feel that Breaking the Top 150 she deserves her own thread. Any pictures that people wish to post go ahead, the more the better, and ive had trouble finding a schedule, but im still looking.

#6 ·
So this week Olga played the 25k Belfort in France. She reached the Semifinal losing to Kirsten Flipkens

1R- (3)Olga Savchuk def. Karla Mraz 6-2 6-4
2R-(3)Olga Savchuk def. Magdalena Rybarikova 3-6 6-0 7-6(2)
QF-(3)Olga Savchuk def. (8)Sandra Zahlavova 6-2 6-2
SF-(3)Olga Savchuk lost to (7)Kirsten Flipkens 5-7 4-6

#8 ·
Why dosnt Olga try playing WTA tour tournaments? is it because of her ranking? could she possibly play qualifiers or get a WC?

#9 ·
She most likely will after this tournament, her ranking after he good Australian Open performance is 119, she will mostlikely start playing Qualifying for the WTA tournaments, but its early in the year.

#10 ·
Impressive win against Malek,Olga :rocker: :yeah: Well done and good luck in the next round :cool: Davai :bounce: :bounce:
Btw,you were right to create a own thread for Olga Tennisstar05 because as you said,she really deserves it:D I'm sure she'll rise and rise and reach at least the top 100 this year :D

#11 ·
I found some interesting pics of Olga: (I think she is quite cute :D)

#12 ·
Gosh, she looks so different! Whats with tennis players & being beautiful? anna, maria(s), Elena, Nicole etc etc the list goes on!!

#14 ·
Olga beat Henke 0-6 6-2 7-5 today in Antwerp Quallies, I was present and will share my report and pictures of Olga soon :)

She was so nice :)

#18 ·
Thanks for the pics Bondarenko Fan :kiss: :D
Last week in Capriolo,Olga lost 3:6,2:6 against Sassi because her hand was injuried but apparently,she feels better now and I'm very happy for her :D
Well done for the wins against Henke and Schruff and good luck against Bachmann tomorrow :woohoo: Qualify for your first Tier 2 plz! :banana: :banana: Davai Olga :D

#21 ·
Olga is really nice, she signed autographs for everyone. I really hope you see her tennisstar05 I have some more pictures and the reports I will share now just let me find them.

#23 ·
Savchuk vs Henke
I went to see Savchuk next on court 2. I really like Court 2, it is small and great for taking pictures of the players. Vanessa got off to a really good start winning the first set 6-0. In that set, Olga looked a little unsure of how to play the match and didn’t really look like she was “with the match.” Olga didn’t really play very well. On the second match, Olga woke up and started playing better and dominating more. She hit the ball well and Vanessa struggled in that set as Olga won 6-2. In the third set, both girls kept exchanging breaks several times until 5-5, when Olga held and then broke Vanessa’s serve for the match. Olga was really friendly to her fans and when I congratulated her, she gave quite a big smile of happiness. Henke played well and she still signed for some fans. Olga didn’t play very well but I still liked her Henke was let down by hitting lots of errors

Savchuk def. Henke 0-6 7-5 6-2

#24 ·
Savchuk vs Schruff
I stayed on Court 2 to see one of my favourites, Olga Savchuk play Julia Schruff. I don't like Julia much, I find her quite boring (Sorry Julia fans) but I only saw her during her match against Meusberger the following day so that may not have been much to go by as the way she plays tennis is concerned. I didn't like her attitude yesterday though to lots of people that wanted her autograph but it was her choice to decide whether to sign of course. I saw Olga yesterday also and although I like Olga, I was not really impressed by her yesterday. She was quite a bit better today and I saw she did have some talent for sure. Just like her match against Henke, the previous day Olga lost the first set this time 4-6. Julia was hitting the ball in lots of directions which gave her the advantage. Olga played better in the next two sets winning them both 6-3 to win the match and she shouted "Come On!" as she won. I thought Olga played better than yesterday and I still am a fan of Olga :) I actually don't remember seeing Julia shake the chair umpire's hand but I could be mistaken
O. Savchuk def. J. Schruff 4-6 6-3 6-3 :woohoo:

#26 ·
bondarenko-fan said:
Olga qualifies!
She beat Bachmann 7/5 6/2 :bigclap: :bigclap: Great job Olga :woohoo: She seems to have had a slow start again but this time she won in 2 :D Hope she won't draw Hantuchova now :scared:
Thanks for the reports Bondarenko Fan :hug: It's good to hear she is very friendly and nice :D :bounce:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.