Can Maria Sharapova defend her Roland Garros title this year? - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Can Maria Sharapova defend her Roland Garros title this year?

Yes 84 48.84%
No 88 51.16%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 08:00 AM   #226
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can Maria Sharapova defend her Roland Garros title this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
She was outplaying Na for the majority of the second set before the injury.

Started the second set off with a double break, 3-0 lead.

Na being guaranteed to win if she didn't fall down is fantasy, the head case isn't even guaranteed to win if she has multiple MPs yet I'm supposed to believe from a set up and *1-3 down she was for sure going to beat Vika? Please.
This.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #227
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
She was outplaying Na for the majority of the second set before the injury. :shrug;

Started the second set off with a double break. 3-0 lead.

Na being guaranteed to win if she didn't fall down is fantasy, the head case isn't even guaranteed to win if she has multiple MPs yet I'm supposed to believe from a set up and *1-3 down she was for sure going to beat Vika? Please.
Right? Not even 12 months ago she led 6-4 4-0 in a Rome final, and a bit before that lost from MPs up at AO. But sure, she was definitely going to beat Vika a set up, down a break

(Anyone playing Sharapova)
Alejandrawrrr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #228
country flag wtftennis

wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
That's not the point. Of course Li Na's injury was not the fault of Azarenka. The point is that it changed the most likely outcome of that match which would be Azarenka's loss and change in the rankings as well. Let's not pretend she dominated Li Na in that match.
You have to factor in everything to the game and account for everything. No one knows why Li Na fell, its just a fact, but she fell twice. Subtle things like managing your footwork, keeping your muscles calm are also part of your game. Not saying but tightness on muscles or something else could have resulted in her falling, just a possibility.

You make it sound like Li Na only had injuries, but so did Azarenka, and so did so many other players out there. They feel their bodies not us, so i'm sure they would know.

To say Li Na would have won without the leg injury, is just blind fanboyism. Imho Li played better after she fell over, just my observation. The difference in result was Azarenka finding her game as the game progressed, face it her first set was like a gift to Na.
wtftennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #229
country flag andyjason

andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold andyjason is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtftennis View Post
You have to factor in everything to the game and account for everything. No one knows why Li Na fell, its just a fact, but she fell twice. Subtle things like managing your footwork, keeping your muscles calm are also part of your game. Not saying but tightness on muscles or something else could have resulted in her falling, just a possibility.

You make it sound like Li Na only had injuries, but so did Azarenka, and so did so many other players out there. They feel their bodies not us, so i'm sure they would know.

To say Li Na would have won without the leg injury, is just blind fanboyism. Imho Li played better after she fell over, just my observation. The difference in result was Azarenka finding her game as the game progressed, face it her first set was like a gift to Na.
You are so pathetic and your observation is hilarious.
Ya, all the sets that Azarenka lost were gifts to her opponents.
andyjason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #230

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Not only yours. Vika seemed for a while to lose her focus and her momentum after Li fell. Conchita, while commenting the match in Eurosport, remarked upon it.
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #231
country flag Pasta-Na

Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Na's new serves were working until 5-2 in the first set. And she was hitting the balls quite well. Vika couldn't do much until Error-Na showed up. Na's serves worked again at 1*-1 in the 3rd set before that fireworks and 2nd injury.

It was her new serves to help her to beat Maria in SF. Her new serves were a bit horrible at times in the final. Vika could attack most of Na's service games in the 2nd and final sets quiet easily because the quality of Na's new serves went down.

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO & Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim & 14" FO & WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Pasta-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #232
country flag Pasta-Na

Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
Not only yours. Vika seemed for a while to lose her focus and her momentum after Li fell. Conchita, while commenting the match in Eurosport, remarked upon it.
Yes. Then it seems Na refocused and picked up her games a bit.

Little-Jie(06" AO & Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim & 14" FO & WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy-Na View Post
Yes. Then it seems Na refocused and picked up her games a bit.
I said what I said remarking upon the comments of a GS winner. Don´t twist my words (or learn to read carefully).
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #234
country flag Pasta-Na

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
I said what I said remarking upon the comments of a GS winner. Don´t twist my words (or learn to read carefully).
okay I agreed with her point and I added my opinion.

Old Feb 8th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #235

Quote:
okay I agreed with her point and I added my opinion.
Well, so glad to see we were agreeing after all!
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #236
country flag wtftennis

wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light wtftennis is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjason View Post
You are so pathetic and your observation is hilarious.
Ya, all the sets that Azarenka lost were gifts to her opponents.
I only mentioned the first set, not because Na did anything spectatcular, but because Azarenka was playing horribly in the first set (more so the first half).

It's hilarious that people seem to believe that Li Na's game plummeted because of the injury, when it doesn't necessarily mean your form is lost. When it was Vika's form that was lost from the start, which she regained, and hence made the difference.

But suit yourself and believe whatever makes you feel better.
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #237
country flag wtftennis

Quote:
Na's new serves were working until 5-2 in the first set. And she was hitting the balls quite well. Vika couldn't do much until Error-Na showed up. Na's serves worked again at 1*-1 in the 3rd set before that fireworks and 2nd injury.

It was her new serves to help her to beat Maria in SF. Her new serves were a bit horrible at times in the final. Vika could attack most of Na's service games in the 2nd and final sets quiet easily because the quality of Na's new serves went down.
Well at least you havn't blamed Na's injury for her loss. Good to hear.
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #238
country flag gossipheavy

gossipheavy is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think so.
gossipheavy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote