Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 3.

314K views 5K replies 151 participants last post by  oh yeah i guess 
#1 ·
Go Vika!!:bounce:

#74 ·
Broken a few times again, but still super solid, which is good against the classic dirtballers.

I'm really nervous about her playing Safina, who owns Vika :scared:

#75 · (Edited)
Hmm I don't know, I'm fairly confident about Vika's chances.
Safina still really isn't playing THAT well, plus her serve might seem to have solidified because of the increasing amount of match play she had but those were all against scrubs (and an out-of-form Pironkova), I think her serve will completely collape if Vika bombs Dinara's serve. Vika's hitting pretty well of the ground now too so like I said I'm fairly confident but there's also a possibility that she might tank. Although I don't think Vika is one for tanks. :p We'll just have to wait and see.

I really hope Vika's next match is the last match on. :hysteric: I REALLY want to watch it but if it's one of the earliest matches I won't be able to. :crying2:

#76 ·
WD Vika expected... :yeah: So now Safina !!? H2H indicates 1-4 and the last time they played was in 2009...

Most of the wins Dina has on Vika were when Victoria wasn't even yet really a top player... so 1-1 (2009-2011 : IW, RG) is more convinient IMO...

Dina has found the light again but Vika is really confident... this is a good match...

I say 70-30 Vika. Cmon... :cheer:

#79 · (Edited)
Just read on twitter, Vika is in a good position for cracking the top 5 for the first time. :bounce:
Probably because of Sam not defending her Charleston title, and Vika's recent good results.

Not sure exactly how many points she needs though :scratch:

ETA: With Sam's loss today she will have 4606, Vika at the moment with 4470.

Potential Points:

SF: 4530
F: 4600
W: 4680

She has to win the tournament to do it this week, but if not this week a good chance to do it later in the clay season!

#81 ·
This is kind of inevitable... Vika is knocking at the top 5's door while Sam and Franscesca both actual top 5 themselves have plenty to defend...

Vika in her actual form should give maybe her best clay season this year anyways better than what she has offered the last 2yrs hopefully... the combination of both factors will make her a good top 5.

#84 ·
Don't think so, because she will now have 4530 points, whereas Sam still has 4606 points. She has to win the tournament this week to pass Sam.

Sam has to defend a Stuttgart F, Madrid QF, RG F. Plus she is playing Rome this year and she didn't last year.
Vika on the other hand has barely anything to defend.

Being ranked number 5 or 6 doesn't really make a difference to draws but still it would be nice for Vika to reach a career high ranking.

#86 ·
Woohoo :D Vika FINALLY starting to show her Slam Winning capabilities and a possible career high rank, Maria back in the top 10 and starting to get back the groove. Long live the Scream Queens :drool: The Nike Girls DO rule ;)

#92 ·
I really wanted Vika to win but it's always bittersweet when it comes via a retirement. I really hope Dina will be okay. :awww:

Get that top five ranking Vika! :cheer:

#93 ·
Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pista Central (from 12.00hrs)
1. Victoria Azarenka vs. Sara Errani
2. Irina-Camelia Begu vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova
3. Llagostera Vives/Parra Santonja vs. Safina/Szavay
4. Errani/Vinci vs. Diatchenko/Niculescu

Good luck Vika. :hearts: Remember last time she faced Errani in a MM SF? :oh:

#97 ·
Vika in the SF :cheer:
Dinara :hug:

I really can't stand Errani and she is so lucky and overranked and I just hope that Vika can destroy her :devil:

About Vika's ranking, she will be #5 if she wins the title this week. Even if she loses in the SF, Vika will still be #5, but on the 18th and not the 11th. That is because this year Charleston is one week earlier, so Stosur's 470 points will come off on the 18th, not the 11th :)

So Vika will reach a new high ranking during the week of Stuttgart! :D

And I think her schedule is fine. I hate that the Belarussian federation picked hard so Vika has to go from hard in Miami to clay in Marbella to hard in Minsk to clay in Stuttgart :eek:. But I think Marbella, FC, Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome, RG is a good schedule. I am a little worried that she might burn out, but we have to remember that Fed Cup doesn't start until Saturday, so even if Vika is in the Marbella final on Sunday, she won't have to play another match for 6 days ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.