Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 3.

314K views 5K replies 151 participants last post by  oh yeah i guess 
#1 ·
Go Vika!!:bounce:

#3,367 ·
I would gander by these descriptions and the stats that her wrist isn't 100% and she's playing passive perhaps to protect it, which is more than she did a year ago when she was retiring left, right, and center. I hope she's not overdoing it and if she needs to withdraw, she does so.

That said, Andrea's a tough cookie, so two tough matches back to back shows Vika's progression in mental strength at least.

#3,369 ·
Only if she beats Squeakovic. My soul can not handle that defeat again. I have yet to recover from that fucking Miracle in Cincy crap.

#3,372 ·
There better be. :eek:

I'm also quite worried about Vika's form continually regressing. I don't mind her playing like shit here in Madrid or Rome, as she should still be able to reach latter stages thanks to her draw, as long as she ups her game at RG. But I can't help but think that she looks tired. And the bad news is that the typical mini off-season between Wimbledon and USO Series has been axed because of the Olympics this year.

#3,381 ·
Coverage of Madrid is beyond ridiculous. I had taped some Eurosport tonight but only got replay from Maria and Vika match. Apparently Caro and Serena matches weren't even taped. WTA part of Madrid is just irrelevant/non existent compared to the boring Nadal show, at least we can hope Djoker or some other hero shatters buttpicker again. Nothing surprises me anymore here, no stream tomorrow is consistent with what's happened sofar.

Vika's clearly losing some momentum right now, don't know why exactly. Could be clay or the wrist injury but also mental fatigue. She's been on a rollercoaster since AO, it may take some time for her to become fully adjusted to her new role. Compared to all that other slam winners like Schiavone/Li/Stosur/Kvitova she's been a model of consistency, she's certainly entitled to a slightly lesser period. She'll certainly have everything together by the time USO HC begins i feel.

#3,378 ·
Every player seems so moody about everything regarding this tournament. :lol: They all seem to hate it too, just like us.
I saw a bit of the end of her match and I guess she wasn't really impressive. So it's good that she still managed to win in two sets.
Btw, what's the talk about a possible wrist/ hand injury? God, I'm really not up to date with tennis these weeks :lol: hope it's nothing serious.

And no stream for tomorrow? :sobbing:
Vika played with a tape on her right wrist in Stuttgart. She had it on all week judging from pictures but it only seemed to bother her during the final. There's been no sign of the same tape so far here but we're all being cautious about what to expect in upcoming matches because of the wrist problem. :) Hope that helps!

#3,377 ·
I saw a bit of the end of her match and I guess she wasn't really impressive. So it's good that she still managed to win in two sets.
Btw, what's the talk about a possible wrist/ hand injury? God, I'm really not up to date with tennis these weeks :lol: hope it's nothing serious.

And no stream for tomorrow? :sobbing:

#3,380 ·
I wouldn't look to deeply into this bad play considering its a weird surface and it's better she gets the bad play out now. On the bright side she is guaranteed the #1 seed at the French, I think? I expect her to do better at Rome and hopefully peak at the French, so everyone just breath, Vikas got this!

#3,382 ·
I definitely think she's a bit worn out for the first chunk of the season being so good. This could also explain the sore wrist too. What's awful about the clay season nowadays is that its so inconsistent. You have indoor clay in Stuttgart, fast (blue) clay in Madrid (in elevation), and then proper clay in Rome and Paris; whereas 5+ years ago it was either green clay or traditional slow clay which made prep a bit more consistent.

If Vika's playing like shit because she's playing like shit then okay, she really didn't play incredibly impressive last year during this stretch either. I just don't want her to playing injured because she's pressured to do so as the world's number one. I'd much rather her forfeit the ranking in order to be healthy for the French, Wimbledon and the almighty Olympics (because if she can't play London I. Will. Hurt. Small. Animals. And. Children.)

#3,383 ·
OG seems to be a big goal for her. Such a dork in press today - she said in 08 she wasn't really focused on the tennis, she just wanted the experience and was running around for people's BBM pins :lol:

#3,384 ·
I don't think her wrist is bothering her at all. I guess it's probably the court surface which is making things a bit awkward to play her natural game. Vika's been stoical about it but from what Djokovic said yesterday it's difficult to really trust your stability and therefore your shotmaking. And come on guys, she didn't play that badly yesterday, that was a totally routine win until she lost her mind serving for the match. Incidentally the last time that really happened was the Nightmare In Cincinatti, can't believe that's nearly two years ago. Most of the time these days she's so solid closing matches out.

It's ridiculous there's apparently no coverage of her match tonight, I was really looking forward to her getting revenge.

#3,389 ·
She clearly doesn't like these courts and atmosphere. Judging from Jose Morgado's tweets the crowds were booing her, I can totally imagine that irking Vika and only makes closing out the match that more troublesome, especially playing against an opponent heavily favored over you by the crowd and whom you have choked a huge lead against in previous meeting.

I'm really glad she pulled this one out though! :cheer: Ajde!

#3,391 ·
Well, I'm really relieved (especially it was LiveScore). :lol:

Victoria has another RG champion to face, this one's the reigning one. :worship: Let's go Vika and teach them all about clay. :cheer:

Victoria beat 2008's, 2009's, 2010's - Schiavone :fiery: now a shot at 2011's. :cheer:

#3,392 ·
God she will kill me. :sobbing:

Cincy revenge :woohoo: Getting way too close for comfort, :lol:

I think (well, at least I hope) the DFs come from the fact that the new serve motion isn't totally automatic for her yet and she doesn't trust it at the most important moments yet. Hopefully it'll come together. :unsure:

Oh and Jose is a huge Ana fan, so I'd be inclined to believe that if it were only a few people, he'd say it was the whole crowd. ;) They loved her against Sveta.

#3,396 ·
I get the feelings from some of the other player comments and even the commentators (for the ATP matches) that the majority of them dislike the blue clay too. I wouldn't be surprised if that's also something that's irking Vika.

I'm also starting to second guess this Momo-adventure. Amelie's a great player but perhaps the consultations for the clay season were a bad idea.

#3,398 ·
I'm also starting to second guess this Momo-adventure. Amelie's a great player but perhaps the consultations for the clay season were a bad idea.
Why you think this?
(Sorry, I'm barely following her games lately as she always plays when I can't see it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.