Votes: 12 20.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Still up in the air

Votes: 21 36.2%

Serena:"She can eventually be the best in the world one day"

3K views 42 replies 34 participants last post by  So Disrespectful 
#1 ·
In the post-match interview Serena mentioned how she believed Sloane can be the best in the world one day. Do you agree?

I do, because Sloane's forehand :hearts::worship:

If she maintains her focus, will she achieve Serena's prediction?

#5 ·
I never like to hype players that much, but I think Sloane can be a solid top 20 player for sure. How high she gets in the top 20 remains to be seen.

#6 ·
Serena also called Azarenka the world's best player in that same interview.

So maybe Serena means Sloane will be Number 1 but still the absolute pigeon of the world Number 3?

#13 ·
I voted yes, but really it's still up in the air. However, to be near the top 20 at 19 years old, the hype is not entirely unjustified. There have been top ten players made of much less than Sloane's forehand, so I believe she could be top 5. The questions remain will her backhand and second serve improve? I don't know, but she does have a weapon, and that is something you can't teach or earn.

#24 ·
I voted yes, but really it's still up in the air. However, to be near the top 20 at 19 years old, the hype is not entirely unjustified. There have been top ten players made of much less than Sloane's forehand, so I believe she could be top 5. The questions remain will her backhand and second serve improve? I don't know, but she does have a weapon, and that is something you can't teach or earn.
www.uspta.com
www.ptrtennis.org

They would beg to differ with you.

#34 ·
I agree. Had someone told me, four years ago, that Caroline Wozniacki would be number one in the world I would have thought they were on crack. Similarly, I never expected players like Schiavone and Stosur to win Grand Slams and Sloane has even more time on her side then they do/did. Of course, who knows? She might fizzle but as far as teenagers go she's honestly one of best so I don't see why the Top 10 would be out of her reach provided she makes so serious improvements in the coming years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.