Tennis Forum banner

ART Hong Kong Asian Games Exhibition

8K views 265 replies 14 participants last post by  lemonwilly 
#1 · (Edited)

Hello and Welcome to the Hong Kong Asian Games Exhibtion. This tournament has a slight adjustment to it. Instead of having 2 WTA players and 1 ATP legend, we are changing that to 3 WTA players.

Therefore, a maximum of 12 players can play at the Hong Kong Exhibition. There will be 3 WTA players in each team. The 4 teams are: Team Europe, Team Russia, Team Asia/Pacific and Team Americas (including South America). The first player to commit for their team will captain that team.

Managers have decided that each player will receive 1000 points to split between 3 sets. You can only commit one of your players for either exhibition.

The tournament begins on Saturday 11th December and the deadline for commitments and to send points in will be Saturday 11th December 11:00 AM GMT. You can now commit your player for the tournament

Send points to Serena_4ever

See less See more
#113 ·

Team Russia Vs. Team Asia/Pacific

Match 2
Vs.

Game
And First Set
Anna

6-4

Strong First Set performance off Anna! Kimiko looked blown away half way through the First set, confused as what tactics to implement against Anna! Kimiko has just ran back onto court trying to pump herself up!

#114 ·

Match 2
Vs.

Game
And Second Set
Kimiko

6-4

Just when Anna looked like she was to take a straight set victory, Kimiko fought back denying to go down and stunning a shocked Anna!!

#116 · (Edited)
Daniela after first round of Hong Kong Exhibition

This is what Daniela Hantuchova after Team Europe's in Hong Kong.

Journalist: Hi Daniela. Your team, Europe, lost 1-3 to Team America, and the only victory arrived from you. What do you think about that?
I think we couldn'd do a lot... if you see the scores, we were all close to the victory... probably our opponents have been better with mentality, but we are at the same level.

Journalist: Do you think, if you had played doubles, Europe could have won another match?
I really don't know that. I only know this was an hard fight between two good teams.

Journalist: Do you think team Europe can still reach the final?
I hope that! We didn't start very well, but we can still fight for a place in the final, and there is would be all to see, even if it's true our possibilities now fell down...

Journalist: You've played a nice match against Stephens, and at last you won. Do you think this win can add some prestige more to your career?
Oh, well... I think every win is very important. Today, I fought against an excellent player, who's very young too. Sloane can really do well this year, and she could win against me next time.

Journalist: Thanks Daniela, and good luck for your next matches.
Thanks a lot.

#117 ·

Match 2
Vs.

Game
And Third Set
Kimiko

7-5

A shocked Anna seemed to never recover from the upset of the second set, as she became more irritated and confused at Kimiko's clever slice and drop shots, providing the home Team, Team Asia/Pacific with their first win against Team Russia!!

#120 ·

Match 3
Vs.

Game
And First Set
Svetlana

6-3

After a slow start and random screeching from Sveta, Sveta got her act together and produced some dominant tennis in the First Set against China's Jie Zheng!

#122 ·
Jie :(

#123 ·
Interview with Anna after shocking lost against Kimiko

Journalist: What's happen?

I really don't know. I played really good in first set and than happened something and I even don't know what was it.

But, in the 2nd and 3rd sets you still had chance to win this?

Yes, but she was so good, too good. She was doing everything on court, I couldn't find any weak points of her game.

Know you have to prepare for doubles match...

Yes, I still plays doubles and I hope it will be better match for me and for Russia.

Thank you for this talk and good luck in next match

Thank you, and I think that I really need good luck.

#124 · (Edited)

Match 3
Vs.

Game
And Second Set
Jie

7-6 (4)

After an almost dominant first set from Sveta, Jie Zheng thought back like a Tiger, breaking all of Sveta's serves from 4-4 in the tie break! The Stadium has just gone wild!

#127 ·

Match 3
Vs.

Game
And Third Set
Jie

6-4

After holding onto the second set, Jie wasted little opportunity in almost knocking her opponent off the tennis court, while gaining another win for Team Asia/Pacific!!

#131 ·
Did you change your avatar Miloti? Doesn't matter.

This match is's, it's so awful...:bigcry:

#133 ·

Match 3
Vs.

Game
And First Set
Vera Zvonareva and Anna Chakvetadze

6-4

Vera and Anna outlasted the clever net tactics of Kimiko and Sam, backing up their strong baseline shots from the baseline in the First set!!

#134 ·

Match 4
Vs.

Game
And Second Set
Vera Zvonareva and Anna Chakvetadze

7-6 (2)

Vera and Anna produced a convincing win, as they pull up a last win for Team Russia, making it a tie of 2-2 between Team Russia and Team Asia/Pacific! Vera led Team Russia well, while Anna and Sveta put up fantastic first sets against Kimiko Date-Krumm and Jie Zheng. However both Russians came to run out of steam, as the Asian sensations of Kimiko Date-Krumm and Jie Zheng bagged two famous wins for Team Asia/Pacific! However, Vera wasn't going to go down that easily, backed by Anna Chakvetadze with a dominant Doubles straight sets victory!!

#138 ·
Hey :) No there won't be. The way this system works is if there is a tie, both teams receive 1 point each. A winner receives 3 points a loser receives 0 points. The two teams that have the most points by the end of all the ties, moves into the finals.

By the way, the two teams in the finals need to send new points, but that can be done the day before the final !!

Thanks everyone for watching :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.