Tennis Forum banner

Alize 2010 season

49K views 874 replies 42 participants last post by  Alizé Molik 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, so here we go, this is 2010, a new season going to start for alize:)

I create this thread to cheer for our girl, talking about her tournaments, results, improvement during this 2010 season.
So please, make some noise,she will need all our support

Vamos Alize!:bounce::bounce:

#9 ·
Re: Alize Sensational Adventures 2010//Vamos girl!

Indeed, the positive thing is that this will definitely be televised.

To be honest I think this is a good draw for both players. Neither player has had many wins recently. Some of you may have seen Marina play, others may not know her. Marina is just coming back from injury. She reached 49 at one point in 2008 (partly because she reached the semifinal here, beating top seed Vera Zvonareva in 3 sets on the way- of course Vera played a poor match there) and had some other good results, winning Surbiton by beating Yanina and Keothavong, and reaching the final of Birmingham, beating Yaroslava and Alona before losing to Alona's sister Katya. Then she had a run of early losses and then injury.

I think this will be a close match. Marina plays well in front of home crowds, serves strongly, volleys well, but moves rather slowly around the court. Her forehand is quite hard but she tends to chip the backhand a bit too much. If Alize serves well I think Marina will not return it very well, returning is not a strength. But I wonder how well Alize will return Marina's serve, which is probably her main weapon. Alize also needs to be able to handle the local wind which can sometimes be difficult.

I guess I would be happy with a result either way this time.

#14 ·

Centre Court,start 11h00

tennis match
Alize Cornet (FRA) v WC Marina Erakovic (NZL)

I ll be able to watch the match since she play in second position,hopefully there wont be any rain like it was in day1:eek:

Go Alize!:bounce:

#23 ·

Congrats to Alize. I finally have some internet, a bit limited but internet nonetheless. I was at least able to watch the match on tv, I didn't think either player played that well but Alize was clearly slightly better. Too many errors from her forehand though. I thought Marina played an okay match and made Alize earn it though, it wasn't an easy win, as I expected she hit some nice volleys but Alize of course had the edge in rallies. I do think Alize will have to play quite a bit better against Elena V, who reached the final last year and obviously can handle the local conditions.

#24 ·

agree with you howard. It was far from the best alize there,she said after the match that she felt some stress because of this is the first match in 2010, the first tournament.
She better has to step it up a little bit cause vesnina is a big hitter who has good record in that tournament.
Hope she ll be able to produce some better tennis even though its always good for confidence to win ugly.
The satisfaction is her serve(66% first serve),

keep it up alize!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.