Tennis Forum banner

The Florencia Molinero Thread!

116K views 1K replies 38 participants last post by  pregunta 
#1 ·
I want to make this thread to congratulate Florencia Molinero for her first ITF Women title!! She won 10K Nazare, Portugal title winning over #1 seeded Joana Cortez 7-5 3-6 6-0!!! Congratulations! :bounce: :woohoo:

Her way to her first ITF Women Title:
1st round: (4)Sophie Lefevre (FRA) 6-2 6-4
2nd round: Chantal Coombs (GBR) ?
QF: (8)Stefania Boffa (SUI) 6-1 6-0
SF: (2)Carla Tiene (BRA) 6-1 6-4
F: (1)Joana Cortez (BRA) 7-5 3-6 6-0

Go Florencia! :bounce:

#947 ·
best win for florencia against the number 38 of the world.
she had troubles today with the return of serve against larsson.
she will fly to colombia.

#948 ·
excelente flor!!

#949 ·
Mixed feelings after the FedCup.

Flor was very solid against Arvidsson. Very various game, great FH, all court game, effecient BH slice, decent serve and return (she actually hit some very good returns :eek: ) Played like top 100 :hearts:

However, Larsson defenetely was watching this match and learned much from that. From the very start she started to serve to BH only and when she was serving to FH Flor did not expect that as she was always in the left. Johanna was ready for that BH slice and most often replied with another slice. On service games Flor played on good level but on return games it was a disaster.

I think there's no hope for progress even to top 150 with this backhand which I would say the worst I've ever seen (after Jidkova :p ). Now I can see how she could beat good players like Dubois or Malek and lose to Rottmann or Zaja soon. Outside the slow clay, her poor BH will let her down even further, so her calendar should be built based on clay tourneys only.

#950 ·
Her serve looks better than before for me :shrug:
She need to keep working on that BH but she used to slice more in the past too :lol:

I hope she will be able this year to play a MD in a GS.

#952 ·
nice win flor and tel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.