Tennis Forum banner

Who would win?

• Peak Henin

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • Peak Capriati

Votes: 8 22.9%

Peak Henin vs. Peak Capriati

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  RenaSlam. 
#1 · (Edited)
Me thinks Capriati would win :oh:
Her steadiness and flat dtl shots off of Henin's topspin would put Handin on the defense throughout.

#3 · (Edited)
Can we dispense with the "Handin" comments please? It was a decade ago guys, she's retired since then. And I don't even like her.

Henin would win. Capriati hit the ball big and all, but her finishing shots weren't all that great. If she couldn't put the ball away after 3 or 4 shots she's just rely on depth, and she'd stop hitting through her forehand and just hit a reverse-follow-through shot back deep. Henin's slicing and dicing would drive her mad, and Henin was great at turning offense to defense, which she'd do if Capriati failed to finish off the point. Capriati was an amazing counter-attacker herself, but Henin was great at net, and she'd dull some of Capriati's defenses by coming forward. They're both great returners, so there'd be a lot of service breaks. It'd probably be close, but I say the Belgian comes through.

:lol:

#4 ·
Are we soon getting a thread about Peak Rafolomanantsiatosika vs Peak Ding Ding too? :sobbing:

Reactions: Helen Lawson
#6 ·
Smooth sailing for justine, capriati wouldn´t be able to tip off the serve and Henin´s forehand and movement was blazing at her peak. The angles and slice would wreck havoc against Jennifer, Justine would get every ball and move jennifer around. No contest. :)

#7 ·
Henin easily. She even beat peak Capriati easily on Henin's worst surface when Henin was nowhere near her prime in 2001. Capriati playing maybe the match of her life couldnt beat Henin at the U.S Open. Really the only top player Capriati matches up well against is Serena interestingly enough. The rest she is roadkill for.

#9 ·
Honestly what are the 4 voting for Capriati basing it on. We already saw even peak Capriati being beaten regularly by Henin, no matter how well she was playing. Her only win in a complete win was a 3 set win on her favorite type of hard court over a not only non prime but slumping Henin who wouldnt get past the quarters of any tournament for months to come. I think some people judge Capriati on her performances vs Serena, since she might be the only player in history who peak to peak is almost Serena's equal on any surface in a head to head matchup, but that is simply since for whatever reason she is a tough matchup for Serena. She isnt a tough matchup for most top players though, in fact for a 3 slam winner she has some of the worst head to heads ever:

vs Graf: 1-10
vs Venus: 0-5
vs non prime Henin: 2-5
vs Sabatini (1 slam winner): 5-11
vs Novotna (1 slam winner: 0-4:
vs Davenport (fellow 3 slam winner): 3-11

Tennis Magazine even noted many times she was famous for her poor head to heads vs other top players, outside of Serena and a post prime Hingis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.