274K views 1K replies 58 participants last post by  gonzo79 
#1 ·
I m a deep fan of her :lol:

:bounce:

:worship:

#488 ·
So Lynn and Lang did the semis.

BUT:

I hear on Twitter that the Greek media has confirmed that she will be in the chair for tomorrow's final. ;) Can any of you guys confirm that? :bounce:

#496 ·
First slam final and it was full of drama. Eva was right to have made that call, it's a shame Serena had to lose it that way. What she said to Eva was completely unacceptable (although the part about being ugly inside gave me life :crying2:). Glad she kept her composure and well done to Sam who didn't collapse mentally afterwards as feared. I was looking forward to Serena shaking hands with Eva but it was never going to happen after all this. Btw, did she confuse Asderaki with Engzell? A mess. :lol:

At least she won't forget that final for a while. :lol: And now she's in a number of articles, you go gurl. :hearts:

#497 ·
When she made that call I died inside because I thought she was wrong. :sobbing: How could I ever doubt her? :hug:

And she handled Serena spewing shit at her really well. :inlove: She was right and that's all that matters. :)

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu
#498 ·
My God after that Eva is my favourite player, and she doesn't even play.

She is such a good umpire, and am so glad she got a final, I am also kind of glad there was drama so everyone could see that she knows her shit and will stand her ground.

EVA 4 LIFE!!

#499 ·
Jonathan Overend,
Jonathan Overend BBC tennis correspondent
Umpire Eva Asderaki made a brave call - completely within her rights - to penalise Serena for hindrance and didn't deserve the hurl of abuse. Williams is a great champion who often lets herself down when she opens her mouth. It's a shame she hasn't learned much from here two years ago, a shame she showed little regret afterwards, and also a shame it has taken some of the coverage away from Stosur's excellence. Serena did say perhaps she needs to read the rule book, an admission of sorts. But that's why we have umpires and Asderaki is one of the best. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/14876919.stm) After that what we can say? bravo Eva

#510 ·
I've always heard MLB umpires say that's how they like it; they don't want people to know their names, because it usually means they screwed up. :lol: But Eva was right today, so in theory it's even better. :lol:

#512 ·
"Sometimes I wonder if you're drunk when you officiate a match or have some kind of recurring vision disorder that allows you to test ok, but is activated the instant you sit in the chair."

I'm sorry but this slayed me. :bigcry:

Some of the comments on the wall are just :facepalm:

Btw, which one of you is the Arsenal fan liking or commenting on almost all posts? :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.