Tennis Forum banner

Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

340K views 3K replies 71 participants last post by  Quebec2014 
#1 · (Edited)
#312 ·
well, as I know "pato no miente" doesn't have a particular meaning in spanish (at least in Chile)
In spanish you can interpret the word "pato" in two different ways:
1. Pato = the animal = duck
2. Pato = nickname for the people called Patricio (Patrick in english) = Person

Funny fact:
also in Chile when someone says "estoy pato" (I'm Pato) means: I don't have any money :yeah: :lol: :lol:

#313 ·
Thanks, Makki!

It makes sense, knowing it's a nickname. I tracked the tweets back and found a reference to someone named Pato.

But sometimes you never know what people are talking about. :) :yeah:
Especially in another language. :p

#315 ·
Esp. with Flavia and Gisella! ;)

Lena's bangs.

#317 ·
Crap, where does the time go, another year came and went and I hardly noticed it.

Glad Kivitova won the YEC although I know it will upset Miffed sadly, but it brings some much needed normality to the tour, a slam and a YEC aint too shabby and hopefully she can take over the number one position from the current pretender (nice as she may be).

Now, Miss D, time for you to have another go....

#318 ·
We have lost a tennis goddess, but gained a hockey commentating goddess. Lena's adorableness is exceeded only by her talent. Except, of course, when she has bangs. Nothing can rival that kind of adorableness, not even her.

#320 ·
According to Russian poster Dartagnan in the Elegant Elena thread on the Maria Sharapova forum, Elena's next guest on Kitchen will be none other than Vladimir Putin.

Russian PM Vladimir Putin slipped on his skates to train with some teenage members of a Russian ice hockey team. In the 40-minute session, Putin found the net several times, and set up a few goals for others. He's only been learning to skate for the last 2 months after promising the Russian national team earlier this year that he would improve his skills. Putin confessed he did try skating when he was a boy, but compared himself to a cow on ice, whose "hooves" would end up doing the splits.

#325 ·
Lovely as ever!
Makiri maturing quite nicely too .

#327 ·
Can't ever get enough of it.

Lena's bangs.

#333 ·
"sitting with" = Mommy Vera was between them.;)

Lena's bangs.

#336 ·
So I got my two RDiS 100 MP's in the mail and tried them out. Next time, I'm definitely stringing them around 50-53 since I have them at 58. My backhand feels much better, and I can pick my spots with it and use my legs in every shot instead of just my arms to control it. My forehand feels a little off, but that could just be because I'm not hitting accurately enough. I can definitely feel when I hit the ball correctly. My slices are biting more and are going deeper. I hit some insane drop volleys as well. My serve has improved significantly. I'm getting A LOT more power and spin when I need it. Mind you, this is just after hitting with one of the racquets for an hour. Never switching from Yonex. Although I will probably keep these racquets for a while.

#342 ·
Yeah - I'm hyperthyroid which means that I spend a lot of excess energy. I can't gain very much weight even though I'm getting treatment (which is nice) but it also means that I can't build muscle which sucks because I really want to get stronger so I can have better kill shots etc.

I was playing a set against a guy today, and he's much stronger than me, but he has a weak one handed backhand, so I just pushed 90% of my shots in that direction and just let him self destruct. I felt like Woz... I didn't really mind since I won 6-2, but I would definitely like to have the match more on my hands instead of whoever I happen to be playing.

Any strength exercises you might recommend? I can run around pretty fast, and I have good stamina. I just need more arm and core strength.

And hopefully you'll be able to play soon. Any news on when?
BTW, hopefully you don't have either hyper or hypothyroidism as it's a drag.

#343 ·
my tennis coach put me some weight bracelets on my arms and legs sometimes and I have to play tennis with them, I also have to run on the sand. That works with me.
I don't know when I'll play again :sobbing: the doctor must do some studies to me so I just have to wait
Hopefully I don't have it!!! but my mother's problem was a little more serious than yours, she had thyroid cancer and she's really worried for me...:help:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.