Tennis Forum banner

Mona´s Summer 2013 | Bad Gastein & US Open Series (final stop: US Open NY!!!)

17K views 242 replies 33 participants last post by  Haseo. 
#1 · (Edited)
WTA Bad Gastein (International)

(1)Mona Barthel (GER) v Chiara Scholl (USA)
Q v (WC)Lisa-Maria Moser (AUT)
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) v Andrea Hlavackova (CZE)
Q v (5)Kiki Bertens (NED)

Good draw for Mona here, being 1st seed is nice as well and QF has to be her goal here at least.
Scholl is in awful shape and Moser or Q has to be beatable as well, SF seems more than possible also but unfortunately u never know with Mona but as I said, QF it has to be at least IMO

#224 ·
Re: Mona´s Summer 2013 | Bad Gastein & US Open Series (final stop: US Open NY!!!)

@ HowardH

I was sitting really close to her parents. So I could easily hear her mother coach her :p

#227 ·
Re: Mona´s Summer 2013 | Bad Gastein & US Open Series (final stop: US Open NY!!!)

@ HowardH

I was sitting really close to her parents. So I could easily hear her mother coach her :p
I see. You must have had a good view of the match then. You say "parents". You think her dad was there too? I've never seen him, or at least I don't know what he looks like.

Anyway, at the moment the book is out on Mona: fight tooth and nail and she will fold. Time for Mona to come up with ways of countering this and playing better.

#225 ·

You said using your mother/father as your coach is not a good idea when obviously its not uncommon for players to reach a high level doing exactly that.

You are saying something about her that has already been repeated endlessly

#226 ·

I didn't say it's impossible to reach a high level like that. I said it's unlikely to reach your best possible level without a real coach.

#228 ·

I don't know 100% but I'm pretty sure it was her father (he was sitting right next to her mother and also talked to Mona 2-3 times).

#233 ·

I don't know 100% but I'm pretty sure it was her father (he was sitting right next to her mother and also talked to Mona 2-3 times).
It's also possible that it was her homecoach Maik Schürbesmann, but normally he doesn't travel with Mona. So can you maybe describe the look of that guy?

By the way, do you speak german so that you could exactly understand what they were talking about?

#231 ·

4-3 for Mona.

Her mother talked to her between points. ;)

#232 ·

Her mother talked to her between points. ;)
But also this kind of coaching usually is not allowed so it must have been penalized. Luck for Mona.

#234 ·

"Wie kann man sein ganzes Spiel verlieren und nur scheiße spielen? Es ist ja nicht mal annähernd, dass ich irgendeinen Ball ins Feld spielen kann. Es funktioniert nicht! Ich weiß nicht, was ich tun soll!"

#237 ·

It was not her father then :angel:

#239 ·

I don't remember the exact words but 1)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.