Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

305K views 5K replies 156 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
Time for a new volume!

#1,495 ·
I'm glad that Woz is still in it. Sounds like nothing special at this stage, but it hasn't been often these last couple of years that I've been able to say that after the first two rounds of a major. :sobbing: I'm a bit worried about that Giorgi chick she's supposed to play in the next round though. I don't think I've seen her play before but from what I hear she's a BB. I'm always worried about those when it comes to Caroline. If she paints the lines my girl could be in trouble. But if she starts playing baseball it could be a piece of cake. You just never know with those types.

My faves - Woz, Federer, Li, Aga - the're all still in it. So far so good. :) I miss Maria though. :sad:

#1,499 ·
Camila :hearts: best women's match I've seen in a long time in person. It was stunning how she maintained such a high level throughout the entire match. Really should've won that first set, but just flopped at 4-4. Some of her shots were just phenomenal, Caroline couldn't do anything at all about it but hope Giorgi missed.

And Martina taking a giant poo on Karolina throughout the entire commentary :lol: :hearts: :bowdown:

#1,502 ·
^^^
I think she's done.
In Caro's defense (lawd help me) I thought she actually played pretty well, gave it her all, but Camila just played lights out from beginning to end. Caroline got so many balls back, but (shockingly), she was just too passive. She hit some PEAK moonballs to stay in points :yeah:, but Camila would often hit them out of the air for winners :lol:.

Camila earned herself a new fan in me last night :cheer:

#1,505 ·
Surprised about Caro, didn't see it but it's rare a BBB can sustain high quality for 3 sets start to finish.

How good is Halep actually, I mean 2 months ago she was Simugna Help and now she's the next dominant force...Does she have anything to hurt Vika?

Looking forward to Sloane vs Serena, should be feisty. :lol:

#1,506 ·
Surprised about Caro, didn't see it but it's rare a BBB can sustain high quality for 3 sets start to finish.

How good is Halep actually, I mean 2 months ago she was Simugna Help and now she's the next dominant force...Does she have anything to hurt Vika?

Looking forward to Sloane vs Serena, should be feisty. :lol:
I don't know. She's very solid (VERY), she's confident because she's doing nothing but winning lately and she has no pressure on her. I would still expect Vika to win it, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it was closer than most expect.

Sloane vs Serena could be fun. :)

#1,509 ·
I really really enjoyed the 1st set between Sloane and Serena. It was really competitive. And god, I just love Sloane's FHs. She's still young, so if she can improve her returns and BHs, I think she will definitely win a slam one day. She always brings her best to slams which are what matter the most, not like other youngsters.

#1,510 ·
Sloane got at one point a high bouncing ball on her backhand wing and she hit what I think is the hardest inside-out forehand that I've ever seen from a woman. Totally delPotro-like. I think Sloane is going to be huge. Definitely a future slam winner and top three player. I wouldn't even be surprised if she wins one of the big four already next year. I'm not saying that she will, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she would.

#1,511 ·
That first set between Serena and Sloane was a pleasure to witness :hearts:

Tommy Haas was such a disappointment :sobbing: but that 4-2 point in the second set...he hit one between his legs :bowdown:. But such a bad match, I had no idea how awful his backhand could be :spit:

Makarova and CSN :cheer: :hearts: :cheer:

And finally, Empress JJ :bowdown:. Such a GOAT shit display, it was an absolute horror to witness :lol:. When she challenged to avoid losing 16 points in a row, it was just hilarious. What a mess :hysteric:

#1,516 ·
Maria's gonna be on Chelsea Lately again?!? YAS. Hopefully I'm not gonna feel as uncomfortable as I did during her first visit :sobbing:.

Still can't believe they're friends now :rolls:

#1,520 ·
That was definitely mental. I just have no idea what he was doing out there. Tommy played well. Make no mistake about that. He did not just lay back and watch Federer make mistakes. He absolutely earned that first set at the very least. But Federer did not take his opportunities. He must not be confident in his movement to be going for winners out of position and coming to net at ill-advised times. The game is still there, but the Federer mystique is gone. Players are going out there thinking they have a good shot. I really believe if he can get his mental game together he can at least make the semis of a couple of majors in 2014. But time is definitely running out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.