Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

305K views 5K replies 156 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
Time for a new volume!

#1,196 ·
I don't think I've ever been excited about anything in my entire life as much as that boy was excited about a Lady Gaga song. :sobbing:

Maybe I need to start taking stimulants or something :hysteric:

#1,202 ·
I don't think I've been so glad for an athlete in the past couple of months. Along with Maria, she's my favorite female athlete, I remember watching her fly over 5.00 for the first time when I was little. Anyway, such a well deserved gold after everything that happened after Berlin. True champions always find a way to come back to the top :angel: Now I just hope she will fulfill her promise to make a pause, and come back one last time for Rio :hearts:

#1,203 ·
I nearly cried when I saw blink-182 live for the first time, but in fairness, I had been standing in one spot in a field without food, water, or going to the toilet for about 8 hours. And as they'd been on hiatus for a few years, I never thought I'd get the chance to see them live.

I *did* cry when I saw Andrew McMahon play Union Chapel earlier this year... but that man is my god, and it was the most beautiful acoustic set you could imagine. And I had a cold.

#1,207 ·
Did you guys read this about Sloan Stephens? I have lost all respect for her.

While I watched her practice for 30 minutes before her match on Monday, a small group of 20 fans stood alongside the court sweating it out to get her autograph. When Stephens finished, she quickly packed up her bag and left the court without making eye contact with any of the kids or offering the “Sorry, guys, I have to get ready for my match” excuse that so many players use. As Stephens – who told ESPN The Magazine earlier this year that she was “devastated” when Serena and Venus Williams snubbed her autograph request as a 12-year-old — walked away, the kids looked confused and the parents shook their heads.

When asked whether things are different from how she thought they’d be, Stephens said: “I mean, I never wanted to be popular. “Like, ‘Oh, I want people to want my autograph.’ It’s never been like that. I don’t mind signing autographs. It’s fine. But when they just get out of hand, it’s too much.”

Stephens admitted that it’s hard for her to connect with fans now.

“There’s no interacting,” she said. “It’s survival.”

The limelight comes with being a young, recognizable face with loads potential in American tennis. Stephens is already bracing for even more attention when the U.S. Open begins in less than two weeks in New York.

“I don’t plan on going outside because I know that I will probably not make it out alive,” Stephens said.
http://tennis.si.com/2013/08/13/sloane-stephens-fans/

Such bullshit. She's not even that big. Maria was so nice when I saw her and she's 10x bigger than Sloan will ever be. I just don't understand those players, that's why I hate hype.

#1,210 ·
That bitch :lol: can't wait for Maria to snatch that weave tonight. Then Sloane will all the time in the world to interact with her fans :oh:

#1,213 ·
If I witness anything resembling what I witnessed tonight in person at the USO (first she'd have to reach the 3rd/4th round :sobbing:), I will just switch allegiances, purge myself of Maria and start stanning for Petra :hysteric:

So awful :sobbing:

#1,220 ·
Serena wasn't fully fit when she beat her and Maria, well you all saw that mess. Sloane got lucky with those two wins. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.