Soler-Espinosa v Scheepers
McHale v Zheng
(24)Kanepi v BYE

(31)Hantuchova v BYE
(wc)Kontaveit v Keys
Melzer v Kleybanova
(2)Li v BYE

#3,203 ·
Ok , i`ve rewatched the draw. Don`t like it at all :)) srsly.
So just hypothetical thinking
3rd Venus
4rd Cornet or Cibulkova
5th bouchard or radwanska ?

How can i like this ? Assuming this will happen from my perspective ( just a thought )

#3,209 ·
IW seems now a walk in the park compared to Miami. I`m not optimistic at all and i want to be but ... i mean srsly Venus in 3R ... oh well ..

#3,212 ·
Simona won't need easy draws on clay. :p She is even better on that surface. :cool: She certainly can beat anyone on clay even Serena. I feel RG will be her best Slam followed by USO.

#3,214 ·
R2 vs. Voegele
R3 vs. V. Williams
R4 vs. Cibulkova
QF vs. Radwanska
SF vs. Li
F vs Serena
:help::help::help::help::help:

I`m sorry, but for me this looks like an unseeded player draw. She`s never played Voegele so I don`t what to expect, but against the others Simona lost every last encounter. This is a BAD DRAW ! It`s even worst than Rome where she had to play as Q

#3,215 ·
If she wants to beat players that she lost to before, she needs to play them. It's not like she was blown off the court when she lost to Venus in Tokyo last year. She played her hard, and took a set off of Venus. And she also wasn't fully healthy in that match anyway, after turning her ankle in the first round. And yet, she still played well.

Simona's a better player now than the one that lost to Domi in Australia. She has a coach now, and she's playing more assertive, aggressive tennis. In the beginning part of the season, she was playing pusher tennis. Now she's playing like she did last year.

Simo beat Aggie just over a month ago. So she knows how to play her. And even though she didn't beat her on Friday, she did wear her out, which showed today.

She has beaten Li Na before, in a major. And she gave Li Na a breadstick in their last meeting at Wimbledon last year. And I believe she was fried a Wimbledon after having played, and won, two consecutive tournaments in as many weeks leading in to Wimby.

And Serena is Serena.

It really is not that impossible of a draw for Simona. She can at least get to the QF with this draw.

#3,216 ·
OK @phantomplayer89, I guess someone has to be resilient about this draw and you took the initiative. In my opinion this is the toughest she can EVER get, and just saying that IW Simona will not get pass Dubai Venus. Don`t forget she`s playing home and had enough time to relax and train.

Do not get me wrong, I support Simona in every match, no mater who`s on the other side of the net, but I don`t see her making a long run in this tournament with this draw. Except for the first two round she have to face Cibulkova, Radwanska, Li and Serena. This are Singapore players, not Miami.
Only GOAT Simona could make a long run here. But who knows, maybe (hopefully) she will show up :)

#3,217 · (Edited)
OK @phantomplayer89, I guess someone has to be resilient about this draw and you took the initiative. In my opinion this is the toughest she can EVER get, and just saying that IW Simona will not get pass Dubai Venus. Don`t forget she`s playing home and had enough time to relax and train.

Do not get me wrong, I support Simona in every match, no mater who`s on the other side of the net, but I don`t see her making a long run in this tournament with this draw. Except for the first two round she have to face Cibulkova, Radwanska, Li and Serena. This are Singapore players, not Miami.
Only GOAT Simona could make a long run here. But who knows, maybe (hopefully) she will show up :)
Who's to say Simona even gets Aggie or Li Na to begin with? Aggie has a knee injury. So she might have to withdraw. And I think Li Na will lose early. I just have a feeling about that. She's spraying errors and DFing at the worst times. And based on the way she's played since Australia, Simona can beat her anyway.

And I think this draw will force Simona to raise her level. And that can't be a bad thing.

#3,218 ·
I really like to see her playing with though oponents, but let's be seriously, this draw is waaaay to though :))
I mean, she has many (most likely) bad match-ups and that R3 with Venus in USA ? :))
Ridiculous, and I was complaining about IW draw :lol: :lol: :lol:
Okay, let's keep calm and see what will happen :p:

#3,233 ·
I really want to see her play Venus. Last match was very close. But even then there is no guarantee all the favourites will win for her to have all these tough matches. Its also better for Simona to play the top players more rather than the likes of Nara and Dellacqua. She gains nothing from steam rolling these players.

#3,224 ·
Who has Simona offended to get given that insane draw? :lol:

Wouldn't it be terrific though if she could get revenge against Venus, Domi & Aga in 3 consecutive matches? :devil: I almost wouldn't care what happened in the semis if she could do that!

My thought is that she will be much stronger in Miami. Before IW she had only 4 or 5 days training/practice (after the Achilles healed). Despite the up and down nature of the SF in IW, there were signs that she was finding her baseline game again. So, maybe IW was a bit of a tune-up which she will build on in practice before Miami.

#3,225 · (Edited)
I mean, I checked the list draw again and I noticed unseeded players with easier draws :lol: :lol:
She has something like (possibly):
2nd- IW QF-ist
3rd- Dubai winner
4th- AO F-ist and IW QF-ist
QF - AO SF-ist and IW F-ist
SF - AO winner and IW SF-ist
F- world number 1, one of the best tennis player from history
:worship: :worship:
Appart of that, this things happened this year (they are in good shape players) and also 2-3 bad match-ups for her regardless the moment form!
You've got to be kidding me :lol: :lol:
But hey, let's enjoy this tournament and have fun, no matter who will defeat her, it will be a good tennis player(maybe not in the 2nd round), and there is no shame in that ;) :lick:

#3,228 ·
No one can plan too far ahead except for the next 2 or 3 future events. From what I`m aware of, after Miami she will take a break and prepare home for the FED Cup clash on April. After that if she`s OK will probably play Stuttgart, Madrid and Rome. So after Miami we`ll see CLAY SIMONA in action :bounce:

One of the best ways to find Simona`s next events is to follow this Thread, or to keep an eye on the tournament`s site.

#3,231 ·
Hmmm, Roger is playing all the big tournaments (as long as his health allows it) and then he`s attending some other small tournaments where he is payed a boatload of money to do so.

Announcing a few months ahead that you will play X tournament it`s a good PR for the Event Promoters, like Angelique Kerber or Eugenie Bouchard already committed to play Nürnberg. Kerber announced it since December, but there is no actual certainty that they will play there. They might get injured in the min-time or have some big runs in the tournaments prior Nürnberg and then withdraw to take some days off.

The same thing apply to Roger, even though he commits to play some event, there is no assurance until the week before.

#3,232 ·
I'm too really can't wait for the clay season .. I'm very curious to see how will Simona perform there this year ..

I mean , her breakthrough started in the clay last year .. but after that many things happened . She gained more confidence , won big tournaments and tough opponents , climbed the ranking till she reached the 5Th seeded ... we didn't see her on the clay since a really very long time .. does all of this mean that we are supposed to see something special on the clay her favourite surface ? :drool:

I have some positive feelings about the clay season despite i usually prefer to be conservative :)

The funny thing is that , me as a federer fan usually disliked the clay season , now i can't wait it to begin :D will Simona be able to make me love it ? i hope :worship:

#3,240 ·
Not saying that she is a bad player ( Dellacqua ) but after this draw if Dellaqua makes trouble to her game then she`s not ready. I agree with some of u , ofc i wanted to have a easier draw but if she wants to win a GS she must flex her muscles vs good players and prob this is the best oportunity.( I really hope i she got that revange ready for Cibulkova , i hope she gets there ) I only wish she remains healthy without any injuries no matter what.

My expectation is R3 this time , if she goes higher will only be a bonus to my humble pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.