Tennis Forum banner

Indy de Vroome

127K views 1K replies 62 participants last post by  Nicky91 
#1 · (Edited)
I think she really deserves a thread as promising star.

She's only 14 years old, and this week she made her debut at the Dutch Masters defeating Angelique van der Meet (#391). At the ITF Junior ranking she is ranked #56. Very impressive for a 14 year old.

Her ITF Juniors profile: http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/players/activity.asp?player=100125218

#470 ·
Not sure about her schedule. Did she travel all the way to Mexico to play 1 challenger :scratch:
She was on the EL of 50k Saguenay, but WD from there to enter 50k Bendigo which is much weaker ofcourse :oh:
But WD from there as well.

In the week of 28th of Oct, she is still on the EL of 50k Toronto (WD from 50k Bendigo). Right now she would play Q there with 20 players from the top 200 in the MD. So no easy points there, but it will be a good experience and test with tougher competition compared to Bendigo. But still a few days before the WD deadline.

#481 ·
50k Toronto next week. She is in the MD :)
Will be tough, but I like that she is mixing it up a bit. No easy points here, but it is good test to see where she is at and where she needs to work on. Matches like that will only make her a better player I think.

Today she WD from 50k Captiva Island in the week of 4th of November.

#482 ·
I think with her ranking now & by her stilling playing events she could make AO qualifying

#483 ·
A couple of weeks I checked the cut off from this year. Last player in Q was #277 Akiko Omae.
Thats really low :eek: But it means Indy does have a chance to make it :cheer: Not sure which rankings are used for the AO EL :scratch:

#484 ·
Yeah that is low I think I heard someone said that the cut off list going be longer than usual so that good for Indy plus there going be players who will WD that ahead of Indy in the ranking

#486 ·
Great News look like Indy may be getting a new coach she right now is on a try out

Wim Fissette, former coach of Kim Clijsters & Sabine Lisicki, is on a try out with Dutch talent Indy De Vroome. Decision after ITF Toronto.

#488 ·
I would hoping her take that deal and work with Wim Fissette I think he can do great with her But I guess it depend on how much she has too pay him for coaching & do she like what he bring too the table as for as coaching

#489 ·
$50.000 Toronto (CAN)

(7)Victoria Duval (USA) v Gabriela Dabrowski (CAN)
Barbara Luz (POR) v Indy de Vroome (NED)
Lisanne van Riet (NED) v Julia Boserup (USA)
(2)Mandy Minella (LUX) v (wc)Elisabeth Fournier (CAN)

#493 ·
lost in the second round tough lost

R2: (7)Victoria Duval (USA) d. Indy de Vroome (NED) 75 62

#494 ·
Even through she lost I hoping she keep & continue too work with Wim Fissette as her coach

#496 ·
Does anyone if Indy done for this season or will she play another event & if her and Wim Fissette will continue too work together ?

#497 ·
Indy is on the EL for 25k Monterrey next week and 25k Merida after that :cheer:

In December there are a few more 25k's in Mexico (week of 9 and 16 December, but EL's for these tournaments are not out yet).
But also the KNLTB Dutch Masters are in the week of 17 December, so maybe she is just playing those 2 tournaments in Mexico and travel back to the Netherlands for the Dutch Masters and spending the Holidays here :shrug:

#498 ·
That good If she can make an deep run at both event she will be for sure I think make the Aussie Open qualifying cut off list. I also Hoping she stick with Wim Fissette as her coach I think he can help her out alot

#501 ·
$25,000 Monterrey (MEX)

(4)Mayo Hibi (JPN) v Tori Kinard (USA)
Laura-Ioana Andrei (ROU) v Marcela Zacarias (MEX)
(wc)Carolina Betancourt (MEX) v Barbara Bonic (SRB)
(8)Indy De Vroome (NED) v (wc)Camila Fuentes (MEX)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.