Tennis Forum banner

Caroline Wozniacki - Video Thread

430K views 3K replies 198 participants last post by  C. W. Fields 
#1 ·
We need more threads, and we have so many active video uploaders on here!

Would be helpful to have a thread for it so :bounce:

Post the videos you upload and find in here :)

#938 ·
I'm not sure if this was posted here before or not. It was posted in the GM and I thought some folks here might like to see it. Even if it was a terrible call this is amongst the worst on court behaviour I have ever seen from Caroline.

#941 ·
There's not much about Caro in this clip (although she's seen briefly), so sorry if it's considered OT. But maybe the Danish viewers will appreciate it anyway. Fed Cup captain Michael Mortensen is talking about the Danish doubles:

http://www.on-sport.dk/video/1063931/double-p-programmet

He's says it has not been decided yet which two players will play doubles in the first Fed cup match. "We have four good players".

My own comments: I guess it would have been obvious to use Malou with Caro if Malou was present (and fit) but since she's injured it will be difficult to set the doubles team. I don't think any of the three Danish girls have played with Caro before, so it will be a new experience. And none of the other girls have any noteworthy doubles experience as teams. Grage and Barbat played as a team in the Copenhagen WTA 2010, bu it was their first doubles match as a team, if I'm not mistaken, and they weren't completely comfortable (and lost their only match). But I'm sure any of these girls CAN play a decent doubles on a good day: Grage was a semi finalist in the doubles as a junior at Roland Garros, and Barbat won a couple of 10K's in doubles in 2010. And the 15 year old Melsted won the Danish Championship both outdoors and indoors in 2010 (Ladies' doubles!), which is quite a feat although some of the best players were missing at both championships.

#944 ·
I assume that was Sorana Cirstea at the end of the second clip? Her accent is adorable.:hearts: (I'm not "cheating" on Caroline by saying that, am I?)

#954 ·
I think someone else already pointed this out in GM but during Caroline's singles match you can hear Azarenka and her...unique...noises.:lol:

#958 ·
Great find, solat.

I liked in the first one at around 1:04 when she was watching what she had said on television and turned to her father and said "that was smart said, right?"

It's interesting to see her when she was younger and much less confident and sure of herself than she is today.

#965 ·
Great videos and for us non Danish speakers the subtitles are much appreciated. I especially liked a part in the video titled "Caroline Wozniacki documentary 16 years old." At about 9:20 she is asked what she thinks of being a sex object (it probably should have been translated as "sex symbol") and her reaction is very cute.

#968 ·
It was a great joy following Caro in her first years on the Tour. There was such a positive energy about her, and the atmosphere here on TF was very uplifting (maybe because noone outside the Danish Delight thread had ever heard about her)! It didn't matter if she was ranked #237, or if she couldn't get entry to the big tournaments. We were never really worried. She had her course set for higher goals (#1, grand slam), and I was probably thinking "yeah, cool if it happens" but at the same time thinking "a lot less would also be great"!

Caroline's fans should be the happiest fans on earth! It's really incredible what she has achieved. She's only 20 yo, #1 in the world, and she's still progressing!

Yet I find the atmosphere much more pessimistic these days. Almost gloomy. It's quite strange, but maybe that's just me having way too positive memories of the "good old days".

#969 ·
It was a great joy following Caro in her first years on the Tour. There was such a positive energy about her, and the atmosphere here on TF was very uplifting (maybe because noone outside the Danish Delight thread had ever heard about her)! It didn't matter if she was ranked #237, or if she couldn't get entry to the big tournaments. We were never really worried. She had her course set for higher goals (#1, grand slam), and I was probably thinking "yeah, cool if it happens" but at the same time thinking "a lot less would also be great"!

Caroline's fans should be the happiest fans on earth! It's really incredible what she has achieved. She's only 20 yo, #1 in the world, and she's still progressing!

Yet I find the atmosphere much more pessimistic these days. Almost gloomy. It's quite strange, but maybe that's just me having way too positive memories of the "good old days".
3 > 4 Years ago if she won the first round match in a premier, everyone was pleased.

And it wasn't very often you could see her on TV.

But I don't remember only watching live scores as "good" but then it was fun too watch the ranking just climb all the time on the senior tour.

The more she succeeds the more people want.

#970 ·
That's a really nice video of her at her first Wimbledon as a WTA player with her wildcard.

2008 was the first I saw her play. I was at Eastbourne and she was playing Sveta who I think was the top seed. Sveta was far and away the favourite and Caro won. I was so hoping she would win. Sveta was spraying UEs. But you know how it is - the lower ranked player usually gets nervous and lets the seeded player back in. Not Caro. She played tough right up to getting the win.

That and her practicing with Piotr. She was always hogging the practice courts that were more out of the way. :lol:

#973 · (Edited)
There's also an early portrait of Caroline at dr.dk. It's from 2005 (dur.: 4 mins 15 secs):

http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Oevrig_sport/Tennis/2009/06/28/163721.htm

I'm sure it has been posted before (Edit: I suddenly remember it was posted because of the Venus/Caro picture on Caro's wall). The quality is not too good (low res, wrong aspect ratio), and there are no english subs. But I'd like to know if the clip exists in better quality - maybe from private recordings off air? Or if it's possible to download the stream (in order to make subs, for instance, or to correct the aspect ratio)?