Dubai Final: Venus Williams d. Alize Cornet 6-3 6-0 - Page 40 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 24th, 2014, 07:25 PM   #586
country flag BeyRena

BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute BeyRena has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dubai Final: Venus Williams d. Alize Cornet 6-3 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
I thought it was decided that Serena tanked for Venus
Tanking and being unhealthy does not exactly mean the same.
Advertisement

Old Feb 24th, 2014, 07:51 PM   #587
country flag Vyacheslavovna

Vyacheslavovna has a brilliant future Vyacheslavovna has a brilliant future Vyacheslavovna has a brilliant future Vyacheslavovna has a brilliant future Vyacheslavovna has a brilliant future Vyacheslavovna has a brilliant future Vyacheslavovna has a brilliant future Vyacheslavovna has a brilliant future Vyacheslavovna has a brilliant future Vyacheslavovna has a brilliant future Vyacheslavovna has a brilliant future

I don't read enough to know, and I doubt it, but I wonder whether a victory like this means as much or more to players than winning a slam. What something means to someone is a personal thing. Maybe Leyton Hewitt's later tournament victories mean more to him, fighting against the odds, than winning slams when he was ranked best in the world. Maybe Seles' 1996 slam is the one she values most. I have to think that Clijsters and Murray's first slam means more to them after losing their first four finals, than it does to someone who won at the first attempt. Clijsters and Murray had to overcome, setbacks, disappointments, frustrations and doubts the first time winners didn't. That's not to denigrate first time winners, you'd rather do that than lose your first four. Just that the harder the journey, the more it might mean when you get there, even if it's not the pinnacle of the sport, like here. Respect to Venus
Old Feb 24th, 2014, 10:04 PM   #588
country flag fightserena!!!

fightserena!!! is a splendid one to behold fightserena!!! is a splendid one to behold fightserena!!! is a splendid one to behold fightserena!!! is a splendid one to behold fightserena!!! is a splendid one to behold fightserena!!! is a splendid one to behold fightserena!!! is a splendid one to behold fightserena!!! is a splendid one to behold fightserena!!! is a splendid one to behold fightserena!!! is a splendid one to behold fightserena!!! is a splendid one to behold

I don't want to use one tournament as a way to predict future performances - no use getting carried away with with visions of Wimbledon victories etc. but I would like to reflect on this tournament and this week's form because I've watched back the Wozniacki and Ivanovic matches again and I think this was something special Venus. I don't know what has made the difference but she was playing a very impressive game with some fantastic angles, unusual precision and great energy levels. Not perfect, but certainly top 10 stuff. I also wonder if she's added some spin to her shots or if I'm imagining things. Either way she made a very good account of herself this week and I'm really glad we got to see it.
fightserena!!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote