Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Petra Martic~

325K views 5K replies 145 participants last post by  Meelis 
#1 ·
She was a QFist in both the US Open and Orange Bowl Junior Championships. She seems to be a talented up and coming Croat. Hopefully she will do some big things in 2007! She starts her year in Australia with the Optus Junior ITF and the Australian Open Juniors. Good Luck Petra!

#4,528 ·
After this result I almost hope that the reason was medical.

The only thing we can be sure is that this mini tour of Asia gave Petra's new coach a good insight on what to do in the off-season. Let's just hope he's got a good plan. AO MD should be secure now, but we won't know until we see how many girls pass Petra in the rankings and how many withdrawals there ends up to be in Melbourne next year. But right now I think that should be the least of worries of team Martic. They sure have a job ahead.

#4,534 ·
Well, I think she does. Eventhough she is going through a rough patch you have to agree that she is a talented player with whom you never know when she'll produce her best tennis. And if we'll talk about deservance let's discuss those cases of 20 year-olds at a career high rankings well into 400's who regularly get WC's for majors just because they have the right passport :p

#4,535 ·
Her main problem is that she poses beautiful, attractive and offensive game that also needs huge physical form and energy that she is not able to produce on regular basis continuously. She reminds me a bit on Djokovic in beginning of his career when he was almost collapsing during matches.

So yeah she is incredibly talented but also unable to address some basic issues of her game which is tragic and funny sometime…

#4,539 ·
Here are some news for Petra Martic followers .. today morning she started her preparation for Australian Open, at least as far as her tennis is concerned .. she was pracitising with her new coach and her mom was there also .. I was on the next court as I am currently working with Ksenia Laskutova for AO juniors; anyway, they seem to be getting on really well, which is not really strange because she and her mom are really nice .. They were working for like 90 minutes .. Hard to judge by first training but from what I saw she is trying to do more with her forehand, also her backhand down the line worked really good, although it needs to be said that the tempo of the training wasnt high really, seemed like a real first practice after some time off, she didnt play her backhand slice or serve today, her new coach is somehow managing to hit with her, she did throw her racquet to the ground few times but nothing in comparison to what my player was doing, despite being set and a break up .. anyway she seemed happy and relaxed, smiling a lot ..

#4,541 ·
Thank you for the report MKhromachev :) We always like to know any additional info we can get and nice to hear about Petra starting her off-season campaign in good spirits. I hope she forgets about everything having to do with 2013 and focuses on the next season alone, with the support of family and her new coach. Time has come for something good to happen in Petra's career, that's for sure.

#4,544 · (Edited)
You'd better "hope" she does, for the qualie field for this event also features L. Kumkhum, who whipped Petra decisively in 3 sets in Taipei last month, in addition to her nemesis, T. Pironkova, plus Vekic. It's the right tourney for Petra to start the 2014 campaign for sure, but it doesn't appear to be a walk in the park to emerge from qualies. For sure, if she meets Pironkova in the lst round of qualies or in any round of such, she's toast.

#4,545 ·
Dont want to get into some stupid irrelevant details but a bizzare accident happened at her training session today; as I was working with Laskutova on court next to her; some random guys were playing and there time was over and they had to move, so Petra can start, they didnt want to move, after some time they finally moved only to be gone for 10 minutes then they were back to insult Petra and how often she fucked them when they were betting on her to win/lose .. Petra was really upset, the police was called so guys eventually ran away .. in short terms .. pls dont open this in GM or something, I posted this just for you, her followers .. thanks

#4,549 ·
She is in Split for the moment, there are 2 new hard courts here, surface is pretty fast so its a good preparation for AO and suprisingly weather is not that bad, althought in the afternoon you really need to play indoors ..
Yes, she didnt deal with that situation very well; her mom was pretty fierce :fiery: saying she doesnt need this in her life etc .. anyway we are back to practice courts, hoping that wont happen ever again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.