Votes: 24 16.2%
  • Top 400

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 2.7%

Olivia Rogowska

343K views 4K replies 144 participants last post by  Tess 
#1 ·
Olivia Rogowska is another 16 year old sensation from Melbourne. The young Victorian has played a minimal amount of matches on the ITF Junior Circuit, instead preferring to improve and build on her results on the ITF Women's Circuit. She was a member of the victorious 2007 Junior Fed Cup team, and has performed consistently well on the Australian Money Tournament Circuit, consistently reaching quarter and semi finals throughout the season. She will compete on the upcoming Tennis Pro Circuit, in pursuit of a higher ranking. The biggest win of her career to date was over Cassandra Barr en route to the second round of a challenger in Victoria last year.

Current WTA Singles Ranking: 986 (Mon Oct 1, 2007)
Career High WTA Singles Ranking: 986 (Mon Oct 1, 2007)

#2,951 ·
Saw the whole thing live today. She fought hard, but just got a little timid at the end of the 3rd whereas Dolonc really drove herself to win in the final games. Pity because I thought Dolonc was out on her feet during the 3rd set.

Liv had a point for 5-1 too :sad:

Backhand and serve really held up well for Liv. Theforehand had a bad patch in the 2nd set and she needs to be brave enough to come foreward and/or kill balls in the air.

#2,954 ·
Pretty much agree with all of this. I watched the whole match & I was very impressed with her serving in particular, very solid & a big improvement. It basically came down to Liv not having a huge shot to finish the ball with, or when she would try to come in & finish the point at net it was a disaster - if she can work on either of those aspects of her game she will win matches like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App

#2,969 ·
Hmmm yeah but weak draw ok for points but no good for her game. She needs to go where it's strong and tough and mix it with the best to be the best. Look what has happened to her game staying at the level where she has already peaked. (Current ranking slipped to WTA140, AIS criteria (1991) should be top 120).

#2,974 ·
Al Nabhani is actually not a bad player, I've seen her on stream a couple of times. One of those players that could be ranked much higher if she had better opportunities. She can give the ball a good whack. But honestly, this is a dream first round and Liv should come through unscathed :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.