Tennis Forum banner

Victoria Larriere

55K views 284 replies 40 participants last post by  Jow 
#1 ·
I think it's time for Victoria to have her own thread. :)

She's born 2nd May 1991 so she's 20 years old. She's currently ranked 331 with a career high ranking of 323 on the 4th July 2011. She is coached by her father Bernard Larriere.

In her career she's won six $10,000 events (Tortosa, Gausdal 1 and Gausdal 2 in 2010; Tenerife, Alcobaca and Valladolid in 2011). She also reached the final of $25,000 Port Pirie in 2010. In juniors she reached Top 50 in 2007.

Her official website is here: http://www.victorialarriere.fr/. It's very well designed and is updated by Victoria regularly!

I wish Victoria all the best with her career!

See less See more
#27 ·
QF : Victoria Larriere def. Anne Keothavong 46 63 75

Woow ! 2nd win against a Top 100 player. Vic has been so amazing in the lastest weeks. She should be in AO qual now. That's just incredible. From all 1991 players I never expected Vic to play so well.

#31 ·
she could deserve a WC for AO.

#34 ·
$50,000+H Nantes

1R: Victoria Larriere (FRA) df. (Q)Michaela Honcova (SVK) 6-4 2-1 ret.
2R: (5)Iryna Bremond (FRA) df. Victoria Larriere (FRA) 6-3 7-5

Victoria is currently ranked 199 and got to a career high of 189 on 10th October. What a great year this has been for her! I hope she can keep it up in 2012. Maybe she can get close to the Top 100! :)

#66 ·
Hello katshearts,

Thanks for these photos of Victoria.
This one would be perfect to illustrate her Wikipedia page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Larrière
Can you add it or publish it with a Creative Commons BY-SA license ?

I was at the match yesterday (as a Vögele fan unfortunately). Victoria was really impressive, some great FH winners and overpowering Stefi but too many unforced errors cost her the match.

I saw her practice today, she is going to Melbourne tomorrow.

#40 ·
Thanks for the report from Sydney, katshearts. :)

Victoria is currently in Melbourne preparing for Australian Open qualifying. Here's her section of the draw.

(10)Anastasia Pivovarova (RUS) vs. Ekaterina Ivanova (RUS)
Yurika Sema (JPN) vs. Kai-Chen Chang (TPE)
Victoria Larriere (FRA) vs. (WC)Arina Rodionova (AUS)
Chichi Scholl (USA) vs. (13)Mirjana Lucic (CRO)

Bonne chance! :yeah:

#44 ·
d.Arina Rodionova 6-4 6-4

next Lucic d. Scholl 6-2 6-2

#46 ·
Australian Open Q1: Victoria Larriere (FRA) df. (WC)Arina Rodionova (AUS) 6-4 6-4

I didn't see the entire match but I managed to catch quite a bit of the second set. Rodionova was up *4-3 but Victoria won the final three games. I think Victoria has a very nice game. Her forehand is definitely her best shot. She has quite a big, sort of loopy takeback on it. She often runs around her backhand to hit her forehand. Her backhand isn't too bad either. Her serve seems to be pretty good. Although she did a few double faults towards the end. Some of her second serves were quite slow. I think she was struggling with her toss in the wind. I definitely she has at least Top 100 potential. :yeah:

Anyway, great that she came through this match. She gets 40 WTA ranking points which is huge! Next up she plays (13)Mirjana Lucic. Will be a very tough match. I think we all know how good Lucic can be as a former Wimbledon semifinalist, but she's very hit and miss, so hopefully she has a bad day and I think Victoria has a pretty good chance of winning!

Victoria will play against Lucic tomorrow on Show Court 3 so once again it'll be livestreamed! Very fortunate. She's the fourth match on court with play starting at 10am local time.

Allez Victoria!

#49 ·
#51 ·
d. Lucic 6-1 6-4 after 3-4* in second set :banana:

1st serve :rocker2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.