Tennis Forum banner

Your tennis results?!

305K views 2K replies 311 participants last post by  Spencer. 
#1 ·
So it's technically about tennis, but I thought it would have a better fit here in non tennis. This would be a thread just to post your own personal tennis results as they happen for those of us that play for fun. Yesterday I played a freind of mine that I play the most and I won 5-7, 6-3, 6-1. I was up 4-0 in the first set and then i don't know what happened :eek: but after the first set I only faced one break point the rest of the match and I saved it. :bounce:

#1,176 ·
Today was a bad day, with a silver lining.

It was a rematch VS the guy I played in just my second club match late last year - a really short young kid who hits surprisingly big. On that occasion he thrashed me 1 & 1. Today was much closer, but a big missed opportunity.

Well, tennis can either make your day or ruin it, depending how the match goes :lol:.

I started off up a break but lost the set 4-6 in the end. After that I was on a tear for a while. I raced out to 4-0, and he was serving and I had a BP for 5-0 but didn't get it. And then my lead just disappeared. At 5-5 I broke again but didn't serve out successfully to force a deciding STB. Then I played a stinker of a TB. GSM other guy, 6-4 7-6. We played for almost 2 hours.

Then I lost doubles (first to nine games at interclub), but by then my give-a-fuck-o-meter was completely drained...

Losing from almost 5-0 up sucks ass :(. But the silver lining is that my mental focus was much-improved today. Obviously it let me down again when it mattered, but nowhere near as badly as usual. Today was, I think a growth. I normally lose every single deuce game, but today I won a fair few.

This is also the first time I've lost quite a close match. I've won a couple of close matches (against players I think I could've beaten more easily if I was mentally stronger), but every loss I've had has been extremely one-sided. Not the case today. This marked the first time I played a good match VS someone and lost narrowly. This was probably also the first time I was encouraged to play better after losing a first set rather than being discouraged at having played such an awful first set...

Excuse the essay, I just had a lot to get out :lol:.

#1,178 ·
Sorry to hear that you have lost. It is great that you are looking at the silver lining and it seems you are not faraway from wins. Also I think 50% win/loss record is quite good for interclub matches. It is really hard to be consistent and win every match.

#1,181 ·
I tried to count W/UE ratio in my match today, and I think it was quite good with 21-15 :) Won 6-0 6-0 :lol:

#1,184 ·
i realised the other day that i havent won a singles match since November 2011!!!! :facepalm: .. :lol: i dont play that much anymore, should have won last saturday, but lost 6-4 6-2, this was after playing a great doubles match. :(

#1,185 ·
:hug:. Keep trying! Right now being on a 4-match losing streak (singles and doubles) is bad enough for me :hysteric:.

The guy who beat me 6-2 6-2 last week in a fun match i'm playing again today in another practice. I'm gonna hopefully continue the improved focus I showed last Saturday and set out to destroy him :armed::devil::lol:.

#1,186 ·
3-6 6-7. So I did better than last week's practice match, Just like I first got thrashed by the same guy I narrowly lossed to last Saturday. It's a process :oh:.

#1,188 ·
Oops what a day! I lost both in singles and doubles. Our doubles team is quite strong and we had lost only once before in the last six matches. But today we lost to a guy who had a very ugly game (he played tennis like table tennis), and I couldn't believe it that we were losing to HIM. It was 63 64.
I lost my singles match as well (not to this guy thanks goodness), I have only myself to blame as I was still in the shock of losing that easy doubles match.

#1,189 ·
Worst tennis day of the year for me so far. Lost singles 0 & 1. I think I lost every point in the first three games and my first point was opponent DF. I was so bad. My opponent kept the ball in play and hit some OK shots here and there, but like so many other matches, I beat myself. I guess it didn't help it was extra windy. I thought I was getting better but who was I kidding?

I should've made the second set closer. I had a few chances, and there were a few deuces (of which I lost all of course).

After match I was really depressed (still am), and I thought of quitting for a second. But then, maybe I need to lower my expectations a bit. It's clear that I'm not going to move up to the 'next level' (whatever that may be) anytime soon. So maybe I'll play better if I don't have that in mind.

I really hate it right now though...

#1,190 ·
I had a match this morning just before the Del Potro match on the park with a mate i have never played before. Won 7-6,6-0 in a match that seemed like a puzzle to me. Unlike some other friends i play or people at my club, he could serve just as well as me (i've always been the one that can serve properly), and he was really good at keeping the ball in play. I managed to get through the tie break, then his serve broke down whilst my level rose a bit. I love attacking the net when i can, but it seemed like every point, i attacked the net. He didn't handle it so well.

Can't wait until later on in the year when everyone starts to play again, but tomorrow i have a club match with apparently the best player there. I've always said that anyone who is even half decent at tennis would beat me, so i guess i'll find out tomorrow just how much by.

#1,195 ·
tomorrow i have a club match with apparently the best player there. I've always said that anyone who is even half decent at tennis would beat me, so i guess i'll find out tomorrow just how much by.
I lost in 3 sets 6-7,7-6,6-4

One bad service game, and he took advantage. Otherwise i played a good match. I think my Serve Volley attack troubled him a bit, whilst in baseline rallies he was far the better player, but i did better there than i thought i would.

#1,191 ·
Played 2 doubles and 2 singles and in my doubles matches I played like crap, lost the first 3-6 and the second 2-6 0-6 :lol: in the first set of the second one I had a service game that went for about 20 minutes, and my partner did nothing in it :eek: except fucking up a hell of a lot of volleys :shrug:

In both the singles I played GOAT mode. Best I've played in a long, long time. High winners of both wings, lots of aces, I moved really well too. Most importantly very few DFs. First match was 6-2, I served for it at 5-0 but was facing the sun and could hardly see :tears: he held serve then to save him self form the bakery. Afternoon I won 6-1 6-0 :D easily my best match, and my opponent didn't play poorly I was just playing so well! Hopefully I can sustain this :D

#1,192 ·
Won doubles 6-3 and singles 6-3 6-3
I actually was really crap :lol:
In doubles I didn't really do anything
In singles I just waited for his errors. When he got his serves and shots in though it was hard for me to return them, it was so hot and my movement was like Robsons. I only won because his second serve was so weak

#1,193 ·
Feel better today, except my knee's a bit sore :lol:. Never mind. It'll be fine :). I did a bit of light practice, and talked to my coach again. It's been a while since we had a proper coaching session, and he agrees with me that I'm mostly beating myself :p. So we're gonna do that again.

#1,194 ·
My home club hosted a tournament today. You have two guaranteed matches to play. I didn't have many chances in my first match and lost 2-6 0-6. My opponent played much better than his 'ranking' (we got Leistungsklassen in Germany, 1 is best and 23 is worst), great serving espacially. He caught my on my backhand wide quite often and I couldn't do much. Should have held serve more often though and the scoree might have looked a little more friendly like 3-6 3-6. But no chances really. He also beat my teammate with almost the same scoreline later, too.

Second match was a different story. My opponent this time had a higher 'ranking' then the first one but he was a little weaker on serve. I had gamepoints in all of the first five service games and it could have been 5-0, it was 3-2 instead. Then had three setpoints on my opponent's serve at 5-4 and wasted them. :sad: After losing the set 5-7 I changed my game plan and became more patient, waiting for his errors. I won the second set 6-1 and was very pleased overall. Then we had to play a match tiebreak and it was a lottery. Both were nervous obviously. Was down 6-9 and played four great points in a row (aggressively), celebrating loudly. :lol: But then I lost 10-12. :sad: One of these "should have won" matches but I think I really lost it in the first set more so than in the tiebreak where you never know what's gonna happen. Still happy with my fightback but I couldn't score those juicy points. :(

#1,196 ·
Today was a first for me. My opponent was up a set and a break, I hadn't even gotten so much as a deuce on his serve, and he tapped out with a back injury. I won 4-6, 2-4, ret.

#1,198 ·
My massive losing streak contInued on Saturday.. I lost 6-4 6-3.. Was up 4-2 in the first set.. Then had a game point at 4-3. :(. Smashed one of my new racquets in the 2nd set. Oops. :S

#1,199 ·
Today I played my first match since fracturing my arm last autumn. My opponent was also playing his first match of the season so I guess that offset my own lay-off and we were on a level playing field with regards to how good we were feeling about our games. I'm happy to say I won 7-6(6) 6-1 3-6 6-3.

He could have won the first set, we exchanged breaks right at the beginning and he served for the set at *6-5. Then in the tie-break he was up *4-0, but I played really well to end up winning the breaker 8-6. Second set I absolutely dominated with some big backhands and cute forehands. Third set he played well, better than he had all match, and his serve finally started to work, and he deserved to win it. Fourth set his serve turned all crappy and I stumbled across the winning line.

I hit probably twenty double-faults (perhaps more) in the match, and only one ace. I'm not worrying about it as its the first match of the season and I ended up winning. I'll have another crack at it on Wednesday against the same guy.

#1,200 ·
Sounds great ^, a five-set match :eek:. What sort of level do you play at?

#1,201 ·
Thank you, it was great to get back on the court again after a while away from it. :) I play in some local tournaments but nothing more than that. :yeah: I don't want to fool you into thinking I am amazing, because it's really quite the opposite. :lol:

While I'm still young, I might as well play as many long matches as I can. I for one love playing best of five, I don't get the problem of losing motivation and interest after an hour or two of playing.

I take it from the surprised tone of your post that you don't ever play best of five? I don't think many do, to be honest. :)

#1,204 ·
:worship:

Lost my school single 4-6 today from 1-5 down, it was really tight. And to a girl :sobbing::lol: I apparently grunted at times in the match :unsure: I screamed after losing the MP :lol: I netted the easiest backhand drive volley put away :facepalm:
Then won 7-5 6-1 redeeming myself. Doubles is irrelevant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.