Tennis Forum banner

Predict who will win the 2013 head-to-head between Sharapova and Azarenka

41K views 544 replies 121 participants last post by  caroalltheway 
#1 ·
Try to keep this thread as untrollish as possible so that the winning side can bump it and gloat at the end of the season :bigwave:

#412 ·
So if Pova's stans are going to discount AO and IW, then we have the right to discount Stuttgart and the YEC. #equality

And Vika still leads 5-3.

#414 ·

Well, well, well ... What do we have here? A thread about The Satan's Daughter & The Falsetto Nightingale and the horde of heretics is bringing a completely separate person deity to the discussion. You know who you are.

[secret]Miss Passive Aggressive, Ms Paper Gangsta & Missy Chrissie.[/secret]​

#426 ·
Furthermore Serena had a clear lapse in concentration in the second set of their Madrid encounter, but Pova's game is too hit-or-miss to capitalize. When Serena started playing a little too loose and less intense Pova was just bashing the ball and missing at times, forfeiting her chance to make an impact.

#432 ·
The things that Martha fans conjure up to help them sleep at night are hilarious.

"Serena always forces herself to play well only against Maria"
"If she cant play well, she tanks in the earlier round"
"Sharapova is the best fighter, refuses to lose!1"
"Sharapova was mentally not strong enough against a kid in her first slam final"

:happy:

#433 ·
Try to keep this thread as untrollish as possible so that the winning side can bump it and gloat at the end of the season :bigwave:
So much for that right?! LOL! Glad I got in before the shitfest..why are we talking about Serena in this thread??

#437 ·
I love how people here are coming for Maria's mentality. Sure there's undoubtedly a problem in Finals since she came back, but more than anything mental it's been because her tennis just simply hasn't been there off of clay since she's came back. I can only think of 4/5 tournaments off of clay where she played well pretty much throughout. She's still tough as nails and always does fight, but fighting isn't gonna work when you're playing like shit. Plus the way she bounces back from snatchings is second to none. Also, I don't know why it was brought up considering Serena's RG history. :shrug:

#442 ·
:lol: Now this became about who's tougher for Serena? Maria or Vika?! :lol: Both are about to become double-pigeons, so..:lol:

#454 ·
And Azarenka not only managed to break but take a set off of Serena at the USO when Serena had a similar serving day as the madrid one against Sharapova.
can you read? Azarenka didn't manage to make a break and just had 1 BP vs Serena with 49% first serve in Madrid. US open is not blue clay , where Serena even with low % of first serve was untouchable.

#457 ·
@Nashamasha ; post xxx - on Victoria not being in the league of [...] -- Victoria's 2012 [reinforced by the fact that Maria was an actor-self in one of them at her peak] is greater than any of Maria's best years -- 2012 being substantially Maria's best year ever in her personal history and the fact that she got mostly owned allows substantial doubts on her.

2006, could come slightly above Victoria's 2012 if the competitors at the time were taken into consideration but it's not Victoria's issue that she was born in 1989 or we would be sliding towards a metaphysical debate on procreation.

To balance things equitably, we could also say that Maria never faced Serena in 2006 -- and when Maria faces Serena she looses...

Finally, Victoria's 2012 is greater than Serena's 1999 (Serena's true peak year), 2005, 2006 and on equal par with her 2008 -- though I'd still give the edge to Victoria's 2012. Serena didn't win as much titles, Victoria has 1 SF in Wimbledon to Serena's AO 2008 QF, Serena was the defending champion from 2009 and lost to a player she defeated the same year after in the US Open F when the AO was supposed to be her 'home'.

The sensitive parts, Victoria's 2012 is also greater than Serena's 2009 and 2010 where Serena had for competition in GS F Safina and Zvonareva... additionally, Venus making the 2009's Wimbledon F without having faced Pironkova.

After analyses, I would also place Victoria's 2012 equal to Serena's 2002 ; Serena certainly won 3 majors but the competition she faced was equal to Victoria's 2012 that people denounce so much... she faced baby Justine and Clijters which were roughly the equivalent of Kerber or Radwanska out there at the time. Victoria has equal if not better top 10 ownage and dominated as good too (on the whole picture).

Considering that it was just the entry of her prime doesn't matter if she was owned or not by Serena -- in her peak (which has not been seen yet) results will be significantly better.

While Victoria had to face a stated all-time great to potentially win 2 slams, Serena had to face well [...]

Serena's RG has undergone a significant devaluation with the results she then posted after 2003 in this major up to this date, had Victoria won the US Open, I'd place her 2012 above Serena's 2002 considering Serena would have only been left with 2 majors (in regards to that devaluation) and Serena had only 5 (?) WTA titles.

@Bandabou -- on why the majority of people don't consider Serena relevant in tennis history -- Serena is technically, tennis-wise [strategically, tactically] over-hyped, mainly the medias fault, I recognize. Sharapova has a 'career slam' so as Serena but I'd take Maria's on Serena's considering that it has been demonstrated through out the years that Serena's 2002-2003 was a total and complete fluke in history.

Sharapova has a stronger probability of winning multiple RG than Serena ever will which consolidates her career slam -- Serena's, the asterisk still remains on whether she was really that good or the competition was simply just that bad -- I can understand then that observers who aren't Serena fan-boy's actually doubt her career.

Listen this was a quick insight rapidly scrolling on this thread on the most vocal Vika haters and Serena fans who thought they were Victoria fans when their sole purpose is to bash their most hated female player : Maria --

#460 ·
To balance things equitably, we could also say that Maria never faced Serena in 2006 -- and when Maria faces Serena she looses...
Maria has both more wins and more sets won , less matches lost to Serena than you fave. You have to live with it , "expert"

False. Serena's movement was definitely a disadvantage last year. Stop pushing this delusional bullshit.
i told that Serena was moving much better on blue clay , that's what i told , i don't know why did you understand what you understood

After analyses, I would also place Victoria's 2012 equal to Serena's 2002
After analyses, I would also place this Vikapower's post in top delusional statements ever posted on TF

#465 ·
Vikapower! :cheer:

Please stop being so on topic. Thank you.

#485 ·
@Nashamasha ; :zzz: Listen, I don't have time in my agenda for these. You're one of the most hate-blinded anti-Vika troll out-there and I've dismantled various times already the fundamentals of your crusade against her today and in the past.

These troll posts aside and in their mix finally, I've brought my personal answer to this and just actually logged back by real curiosity to see what you, precisely you, would answer and to my surprise like always you ignored or replied selectively [choosing the most inflammatory] which I'm happy about and confirms your intellectual dishonesty. :lol: I will develop in a couple of cocinnous paragraphs what I have to tell you for all and the end --

Maria has both more wins and more sets won , less matches lost to Serena than you fave. You have to live with it , "expert"
It's not by repeating this hiccius doccius that changes anything to the fact that Victoria is far more superior to your favorite in certainly every aspects (illustrated by the H2h). The simple fact that Serena has played Maria so less in 8 years proves alternatively to the first point I will not develop how Maria's career is built on Serena's absence in the most important phases of your favorite's career.

See, we've had Serena/Maria in the ATP, Roddick/Federer... at the difference, Roddick never won anything considerable considering Federer was always there to destroy his pathetic game -- additionally, your insecurity and those of your Mashcholastic brigade establishes a fundamental truth of a certain form of insecurity around this match up --

I don't particularly adopt such firm positions when these two are engaged but with bucculent 'illuminatis' like you who think all truth is given to them by the powers of Bugarach, 'Merlin l'enchanteur' and cosmic Christ opener of the cosmic spacial whole that would brainstorm humanity to stupidity, it is convenient to make sure that the word passes since leggiadrous 'palabras' do not do the job. :lol:

I had seen that Victoria has defeated Serena in an exho, some might jump and say it wasn't serious but fundamentally, I saw the highlights, I quickly observed Serena was playing her usual peak (not moving her feet, ball-bashing etc.) -- probably not her peak self but at least a 1/3rd (or a 1/4th) of it and she took a clear defeat with Victoria not being totally at her best herself, this and the US Open F -- it hurts that Victoria is that competitive against Serena, you know, I do, we do. :lol:

After analyses, I would also place this Vikapower's post in top delusional statements ever posted on TF
Another furciferous comment :lol: my lady, stop balbutiating the same thing repeatedly, I might come to believe that you have finally found the 'true' Bible with all these stammering. :lol: You don't believe an ounce of what you write anymore... you're a badot hater who has understood for long the mechanism of how things works but just loves adopting this 'philopolemical' attitude -- :lol:

You know in yourself that Victoria constitutes a firm threat to Maria's overall accomplishments, which through "Cartesian" observations aren't that much to catch up and even more so real that Victoria owns her which both translates/decodes as Maria's incapacity and desperation to try and stop it ; Victoria's facilities to catch up on her because of this ownage -- admit it and move on.

Einstein's works as a mean of subtracting x or y, z legitimate win of Victoria in 2012 against Maria or using mathematics most finest processus of Bernouilli of trying to predict the unpredictable, like this thread claims to want to do with the 'reversal of the dynamics of this H2h' theories, aren't going to be enough in people's minds to negotiate that Victoria isn't superior to the rest [Maria included], this and that with Serena included, something Victoria will be proud to demonstrate through her peak in 2013.

Anyways this ends my presence here on this comic thread -- particular day, rich in gold comedy events and laughters. Thanks to all the actors -- :lol:

#488 ·
@Nashamasha ; :zzz: Listen, I don't have time in my agenda for these. You're one of the most hate-blinded anti-Vika troll out-there and I've dismantled various times already the fundamentals of your crusade against her today and in the past.

These troll posts aside and in their mix finally, I've brought my personal answer to this and just actually logged back by real curiosity to see what you, precisely you, would answer and to my surprise like always you ignored or replied selectively [choosing the most inflammatory] which I'm happy about and confirms your intellectual dishonesty. :lol: I will develop in a couple of cocinnous paragraphs what I have to tell you for all and the end --

It's not by repeating this hiccius doccius that changes anything to the fact that Victoria is far more superior to your favorite in certainly every aspects (illustrated by the H2h). The simple fact that Serena has played Maria so less in 8 years proves alternatively to the first point I will not develop how Maria's career is built on Serena's absence in the most important phases of your favorite's career.

See, we've had Serena/Maria in the ATP, Roddick/Federer... at the difference, Roddick never won anything considerable considering Federer was always there to destroy his pathetic game -- additionally, your insecurity and those of your Mashcholastic brigade establishes a fundamental truth of a certain form of insecurity around this match up --

I don't particularly adopt such firm positions when these two are engaged but with bucculent 'illuminatis' like you who think all truth is given to them by the powers of Bugarach, 'Merlin l'enchanteur' and cosmic Christ opener of the cosmic spacial whole that would brainstorm humanity to stupidity, it is convenient to make sure that the word passes since leggiadrous 'palabras' do not do the job. :lol:

I had seen that Victoria has defeated Serena in an exho, some might jump and say it wasn't serious but fundamentally, I saw the highlights, I quickly observed Serena was playing her usual peak (not moving her feet, ball-bashing etc.) -- probably not her peak self but at least a 1/3rd (or a 1/4th) of it and she took a clear defeat with Victoria not being totally at her best herself, this and the US Open F -- it hurts that Victoria is that competitive against Serena, you know, I do, we do. :lol:

Another furciferous comment :lol: my lady, stop balbutiating the same thing repeatedly, I might come to believe that you have finally found the 'true' Bible with all these stammering. :lol: You don't believe an ounce of what you write anymore... you're a badot hater who has understood for long the mechanism of how things works but just loves adopting this 'philopolemical' attitude -- :lol:

You know in yourself that Victoria constitutes a firm threat to Maria's overall accomplishments, which through "Cartesian" observations aren't that much to catch up and even more so real that Victoria owns her which both translates/decodes as Maria's incapacity and desperation to try and stop it ; Victoria's facilities to catch up on her because of this ownage -- admit it and move on.

Einstein's works as a mean of subtracting x or y, z legitimate win of Victoria in 2012 against Maria or using mathematics most finest processus of Bernouilli of trying to predict the unpredictable, like this thread claims to want to do with the 'reversal of the dynamics of this H2h' theories, aren't going to be enough in people's minds to negotiate that Victoria isn't superior to the rest [Maria included], this and that with Serena included, something Victoria will be proud to demonstrate through her peak in 2013.

Anyways this ends my presence here on this comic thread -- particular day, rich in gold comedy events and laughters. Thanks to all the actors -- :lol:

#487 ·
never thought i would post in this chaotic thread but couldn't help it after vikapower's amazing comeback. Vikapower is the real GOAT. I guess if serena had to endure a 15 minutes lecture from him before a maria matche,we will see the unimaginable happening there. LOL. But at least he is original and entertaining :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.