Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Tags
#sluts gif
465K views 5K replies 158 participants last post by  miffedmax 
#1 · (Edited)
Since the old thread has gone over the 5,000 post limit, I figure that it needs to be replaced by a shiny new one. So here it is.

Achievements Pre-injury:
  • Olympic mixed doubles silver medal (w/ Andy Murray)
  • Singles semi final - Palermo 2012
  • Grand Slam 4th round - US Open 2012, Wimbledon 2013
  • Defeated Kim Clijsters in her final singles match
  • Singles Final - Guangzhou 2012
  • WTA Newcomer of the year 2012

Achievements - Post Comeback:
  • Singles Championship: ITF 25,000 Landisville
  • Doubles Championship: ITF 25,000 Landisville (W/ Freya Christie)
  • Qualifier US Open 2016

#3,126 ·
They don't stream early qualifying.

#3,130 ·
Han is a Chinese lefty

#3,143 ·
Does she even training or practice? Her form shows she lacks of practice,really. Her backhand is as weak as hell,tbh,what disappoints me the most is her attitude.lazy bone is never going to make achievement.

#3,144 ·
That's the thing. She trains hard.

But she never puts it out in match situations. A psychologist is still very much needed.

The wrist injury has messed with her mentally and she doesn't believe in her shots. Maybe fear she may start feeling pain again?

I'm actually surprised no one on her team has recommended a psychologist as part of her rehabilitation after the surgery.

#3,145 ·
Very lazy in footwork, her net skills very poor,
lousy errors. No fighting spirits on court, very down on herself. She didn't really care enough because the match didn't last 70 minute.

#3,148 ·
She doesn't want to play on the ITF tour. But doesn't even want to fight for some wins at WTA level. Maybe if she was in the main draw she might have cared more.

Laura obviously thinks she's above qualifying. She has the same entitled mentality as she did pre-wrist injury. She expects her opponent to just give her the match. No girl. You're going to have to fight your ass off.

#3,150 ·
Now it has been a bad circle, she plays that one match every week, then there's Ins, Twitters,dancing, clothing, shoes,and her comments toward the other girls or matches. She trains hard? I don't really believe that, her net skill and and footwork, backhand shows she is terribly lack of practice indeed. Laura, come on, try put some time on ur tennis skills rather than gossips.

#3,151 ·
She's always been active on social media though. That isn't the problem.

Her problem is her entitled attitude. She's come back from a near career threatening injury and she doesn't use that as an opportunity to fight for wins 10x harder.

She mopes around and gives in. The LTA is to blame for her attitude anyway. She's been their star girl since she won junior Wimbledon.

I hope Katie Swan stays away from them. She'll be a much better player if she does.

#3,159 ·
A month in Sharm al Sheikh might have been better still. Then some of the Brit 50Ks during May and June. She's never had much of a clay game anyway.

I tend to agree with @Royals that she needs to get beyond the entitlement and build from the bottom. I know she can do it but she has to want it.

#3,161 ·
It's not that Laura can't play on clay, it's whether she's willing to fight for every point, her lefty forehand allows to get more point back in play on clay. I watched her magical run in Palermo couples years ago where she almost reached the final and beaten Vinci and CSN on the way to the semis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.