Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Tags
#sluts gif
465K views 5K replies 158 participants last post by  miffedmax 
#1 · (Edited)
Since the old thread has gone over the 5,000 post limit, I figure that it needs to be replaced by a shiny new one. So here it is.

Achievements Pre-injury:
  • Olympic mixed doubles silver medal (w/ Andy Murray)
  • Singles semi final - Palermo 2012
  • Grand Slam 4th round - US Open 2012, Wimbledon 2013
  • Defeated Kim Clijsters in her final singles match
  • Singles Final - Guangzhou 2012
  • WTA Newcomer of the year 2012

Achievements - Post Comeback:
  • Singles Championship: ITF 25,000 Landisville
  • Doubles Championship: ITF 25,000 Landisville (W/ Freya Christie)
  • Qualifier US Open 2016

#10 ·
#12 ·
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Decent win.

Hope she beats Ula, I really dislike her game.
laura beat her in 2008 when laura didn't even get wta ranking:devil:

#11 ·

#14 · (Edited)

from 2-0 to 2-6 in the second set,with 10 df and 1 ace,what the hell with your service?
2-5 30-30 then she served 2 bfs in a row to end herself,really impressive one,good,don't know what the hell u r doing

#16 ·

I'm not sure I agree with Laura entering the Premier level events in the run up to the USO. She'd probably get more matches and points at Dallas than she will at New Haven. But meh, I'm not the one who has to make that call.

#17 ·

I'm not sure I agree with Laura entering the Premier level events in the run up to the USO. She'd probably get more matches and points at Dallas than she will at New Haven. But meh, I'm not the one who has to make that call.
always think her schedule is a little bit unreasonable,her ranking can totally get herself into Bell challenge or Tashkent open where she can enter main draw directly but she is going neither of them,she choose guangzhou,toray open,china open...

#19 ·

she gets a mdwc into new heaven main draw

#21 ·

I can only presume she prefers playing more high level matches against better players rather than merely getting more points and better ranking.:shrug:
and she lost in qualifying final round again and again:worship:

#23 ·

I can totally understand a player opting to play New Haven instead of Dallas. The temperature is 36°C at 6 in the evening. Might as well play New Haven which weather wise is near enough the same to New York. Plus it is nearer.

Why on earth have a tournament in Dallas in August?

There are lots of things to criticize Laura schedule wise, I don't think this is one of them.

After the US Open she needs to pick up as many points as possible to put herself firmly in the top 100 to set herself up for 2013.

#24 ·

bad service,bad emoion control,just disappointing

#26 ·

Dissapointing? Not really. More like par for the course.
her serve is getting worse and i dont know why...her first serve in percentage is down to around 35% in set 2...hope the collaboration with Krajan gonna help her:worship:

#28 ·

Laura Robson has managed a result which was "par for the course" although her first serve was "around 35% in set 2". So, as soon as her serve gets better again, we are going to see a great improvement, and I am looking forward to that!

#30 ·

I always think that her serve is a weapon, if she can get them in, she'll need to work on that.
And she's going to need a good draw for USO. 160 points are not easy to defend.
Her serve is a weapon. Unfortunately it's a smooth bore musket, inaccurate, unreliable and in need of a lot of work to bring it up to the standards expected of a modern weapon.

#33 ·

Would love to see her play Kim :) especially now as it's Kim's farewell.

re-upload

Elena Dementieva vs Laura Robson 2010 Hopman Cup Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.