#1 · (Edited)
Petra´s schedule

flying to Australia DEC 25

BRISBANE - BRISBANE INTERNATIONAL DEC 30 - JAN 05

SYDNEY - APIA INTERNATIONAL SYDNEY JAN 06 - JAN 11

MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIAN OPEN JAN 14 - JAN 27

#308 ·
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

It is sad to see her struggle in this way as all of us in this sub-forum do love her despite our grumblings… but that said it was good she lost on the highest stage in this manner so early because if anything it will be a wake-up call and a good kick up her rear to get in gear & sort herself out – I hear you all say ‘does she really want to?!” but lets give her the benefit of doubt at least!. Also A defeat like this will put pressure on that buffoon Kotyza to consider his position or be put on notice – this is the only way change is going to come into her camp. Things will not change until Ms Kvitova hits rock bottom & recognises that she has become a laughing stock despite her innate talent..

At this stage I don’t see Adam as being an inspiration but only a distraction to her tennis …I don’t know how that issue is going to be squared but it is almost beginning to resemble a Caro/Rory replay..

As someone else pointed out – lowered expectations (almost non-existent) is going to be the way forward at least for the foreseeable future for all those mad enough to be Kvitty bandwagoners in here coz this ride resembles like an express tick to hell!…

#357 ·

It is sad to see her struggle in this way as all of us in this sub-forum do love her despite our grumblings… but that said it was good she lost on the highest stage in this manner so early because if anything it will be a wake-up call and a good kick up her rear to get in gear & sort herself out – I hear you all say ‘does she really want to?!” but lets give her the benefit of doubt at least!. Also A defeat like this will put pressure on that buffoon Kotyza to consider his position or be put on notice – this is the only way change is going to come into her camp. Things will not change until Ms Kvitova hits rock bottom & recognises that she has become a laughing stock despite her innate talent..

At this stage I don’t see Adam as being an inspiration but only a distraction to her tennis …I don’t know how that issue is going to be squared but it is almost beginning to resemble a Caro/Rory replay..

As someone else pointed out – lowered expectations (almost non-existent) is going to be the way forward at least for the foreseeable future for all those mad enough to be Kvitty bandwagoners in here coz this ride resembles like an express ticket to hell!…
:yeah: All of this and more. :yeah:

I've come to expect nothing from her until she changes her game and gets her UEs to some normal level like the others. Her stubbornness to adjust her game in the face of her results the last few years is just assinine, as is her stubbornness to not hire a REAL coach or trainer, and to do everything the cheap way (not hiring a year round hitting partner, only utilizing local coaches and trainers, training in CZ close to mommy and daddy, etc.).

Petra needs to do three things to succeed:

1. Get a new coach who can actually motivate her
2. Retool her game for consistent competitiveness
3. Pull her head out of her ass and stop acting like a loser

Otherwise, I don't see anything good happening for Petra in 2013. Her only successes will come at insignificant tournaments like last year.

So far, all we're seeing is a monumental waste of talent.

The girl just doesn't believe in herself anymore...:sad:

#311 ·

Already posted some time ago that some of Petra's post-match statements scarily reminded me of the manure you'd hear from the pathetically-underachieving,mentally-fragile Serb and German cover girls...and she went on Twitter this morning(I saw it not on Twitter but the main WTA page) to thank her fans who "haven't given up on her"

While it's absolutely true that genuine love and affection requires fidelity,Petra seemed to be leaning on weak cliches as a crutch in the instance above.Petra,here's Reality 101: When you appear totally clueless as to what's going on...and don't come up with any logical,intelligent potential solutions to your problems,then it's only NATURAL for your fans to have doubts about your current state...and that doesn't have any bearing on whether they still love you or not.

The question isn't whether your FANS have given up on you,Petra but: Have YOU given up????

My sister suffers from asthma so I sympathize,but constantly leaning on asthma as an excuse is NOT the mark of a champion...and it might be time for you to hook up with Czech legend Navrat to learn what a champion's mentality truly IS.

.....And Paul,you've got another month-and-a-half until the fitness coach's trial period ends;)

#317 ·

KvittyTwitter: "Thank you to my fans for not giving up on me. I promise to come back stronger" http://twitter.com/Petra_Kvitova

:awww:
How touching. :angel:

Sadly, it appears Petra is big on words and promises. But she's not, on the hard work, planning and preparation that leads up to it.

As many of you have said, 'it's not just going to happen magically, cause Petra wants it to'. :lol: :tape: :lol:

#319 ·

Well, she has only played 5 matches so far. :lol: I mean, yes, they've been pretty bad. But that's only 5 out of the whole year and she won 2 of them.

#323 ·

Well, she has only played 5 matches so far. :lol: I mean, yes, they've been pretty bad. But that's only 5 out of the whole year and she won 2 of them.
:D I know you are trying to lift spirits among the rabble bunch - but honestly this is a new take on match stats ;)... it is a 'Maddoff like ponzi' stat manipulation:lol: Are you sure you're not huggybear's PA?:angel:

#324 ·

I liked that she fought, saw flashes of her former game but those DF killed her momentum(s) and confidence down again and again whole match.
Still have faith in her, all she needs is restore confidence, game will come.
She looks fitter than 2012 and 3hrs match was no problem for her (though no long rallies - about 2.8 hits average)

#327 ·

This is why i dont have any expectations for my faves or any other fave teams these days because you will get heartbroken no matter what, its an obstacle to keep up with them. My faves i keep them on the DL of expectations because i just cant seem to get them at all. Well actually no one can. :lol: :eek:

#329 ·

This is why i dont have any expectations for my faves or any other fave teams these days because you will get heartbroken no matter what, its an obstacle to keep up with them. My faves i keep them on the DL of expectations because i just cant seem to get them at all. Well actually no one can. :lol: :eek:
The irony is: There were a few of us, that had not so great predictions on Petra's upcoming year, but were shot down for being too negative.

Don't get me wrong, I can certainly understand that sentiment. And of course, Petra can be wildly unpredictable, so there is always some semblance of hope you can have for her--in upcoming tournaments.

However, it's also a fact that her results, level of play, and her teams operation are not up to the standard of the player many of us wish her to be.

As it appears: Only a run of confidence, and good play can get Petra back, close to even the levels she was playing last year.

#337 ·

Oh Petra! :hysteric: :bigcry: I couldn't watch the match as I fell asleep from exhaustion of staying up all night. What happened? Did she play like shit or did Laura play out of her mind? :sobbing: For some reason I was quite sensing a defeat against Laura but was trying to keep that at the back of my brain :tears:

#339 ·

Oh Petra! :hysteric: :bigcry: I couldn't watch the match as I fell asleep from exhaustion of staying up all night. What happened? Did she play like shit or did Laura play out of her mind? :sobbing: For some reason I was quite sensing a defeat against Laura but was trying to keep that at the back of my brain :tears:
Petra played like shit. Laura was nothing to write home about either. And when both were on (as little as that was), Petra was clearly the one bossing Laura on serve and groundies.

Unfortunately, Petra had many opportunities (as well as gifted many to Robson during the third set,and even the 2nd set), and didn't take advantage. That's the bottom line.

She needs a good run of games to re-gain her confidence, and/or she needs to throw the baby out with the bath water and re-assess herself, her play and her team! :shrug:

#338 ·

:lol:We’ve heard it all today – so let me also throw this thought out there! ..bound to irk a few of you ..but cannot do more damage than Ms Kvitova has already inflicted on us today…
Considering the current state of play… Our Ms Kvitova may do well to get pregnant & have a baby and come back as Momy Petra! – there may be a Clisjsters like rising of the sphinx from the ashes ..motherhood may force her to take ownership of her destiny! and burst this bubble she hides in at present! Also this time-off would give her an opportunity to break free from her current ‘clueless cabal’ team & hopefully with reflection she will come back with a new team behind her….on the asthetic side no more having to make excuses for that little pouch too ...

#346 ·

:lol:We’ve heard it all today – so let me also throw this thought out there! ..bound to irk a few of you ..but cannot do more damage than Ms Kvitova has already inflicted on us today…
Considering the current state of play… Our Ms Kvitova may do well to get pregnant & have a baby and come back as Momy Petra! – there may be a Clisjsters like rising of the sphinx from the ashes ..motherhood may force her to take ownership of her destiny! and burst this bubble she hides in at present! Also this time-off would give her an opportunity to break free from her current ‘clueless cabal’ team & hopefully with reflection she will come back with a new team behind her….on the asthetic side no more having to make excuses for that little pouch too ...
A terrific idea. See you in 2015 :lol:

#350 ·

I am very happy that Laura Robson won, I am also very sad Kvitova's out so early, but I'm happier because I hope this will serve as a wake up call for Petra and hopefully it will force her to change something maybe get at least a second coach with a new pair of eyes who can do something to help her regain some of her best tennis.

#353 ·

Can we make an assumption that it was mental, physical, and external problems that caused her to lose? :lol:
That sounds about right.

However (as you know), she was close enough, and ahead enough yesterday, to where she should have used more of her mental and won anyway, even with out the other two components. :eek: :lol: :eek:

Oh, and I forgot to mention (to make your trifecta truly whole), that Petra alluded to the fact that she could have been having mental or tennis stroke problems (due to her new fitness training), post Pome loss in Sydney. :lol:

#356 ·

FYI Guys.

Did you know:

Laura Robson had only 25 win vs 42 UE
Petra Kvitova had 42 winners to 51 UE

Petra Kvitova won 16 of 20 net points, vs only 5/6 for Robson

Both players had the same amount of Breaks, 7, with Petra having a higher BP % (56 vs 39%)

While Petra Kvitova actually won more total points, 131 to 128, in the match

And she lost!! :sad: :eek: :sad:

Yes, Ms. Kvitova, you really need to get your act together, all around.

You outplayed, but nonetheless, got out gutted by a youngster. That should never happen.

Here's the match stats page, for those who are interested, didn't see it.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/stats/day9/2216ms.html

#360 ·

FYI Guys.

Did you know:

Laura Robson had only 25 win vs 42 UE
Petra Kvitova had 42 winners to 51 UE
Is there ANY other sport's webpage that's so patently,dishonestly full of crap as the WTA's?

They claimed that Robson put on a 'superb display of tennis' to reach the 3rd Round:facepalm:.Perhaps they believe that the whole world has fried its brains on video games to such an extent that they can't extract info from written text: Only a couple paragraphs down,Robson essentially admits that it was an ugly match that she had to wade her way through.Apparently,she wasn't as convinced as the Einsteins at the WTA that she had put on such a superb display,huh:rolleyes:?

Am I exaggerating in saying that the sport looks like a pee-wee league operation when it's webpage offers pathetic excuses for poor performances?It's as if one were coaching a 6-year-olds' T-ball team and didn't wanna hurt the feelings of the little boy who made a critical error to lose a game.I can't even imagine the NFL webpage with some garbage like: The KC Chiefs' secondary played some HOF-caliber defense today to somehow come up with 5 interceptions against 'elite' QB Mark Sanchez:silly:

Come on,WTA media dopeshits! It's not that hard to take a simple,honest approach such as: 'Petra Kvitova was bounced out early of another tournament after failing to serve well and regain her composure once her opponent mounted a comeback'.....Would that REALLY be so undiplomatic??Who knows??Perhaps a couple gals would get motivated by the honest tack if they saw that their p.r. image was faltering---and that the WTA wouldn't concoct a boatload of excuses for underachievers

#358 ·

Petra is at Radek Stepanek's match vs. Djokovic today. She looks sooo tired :sobbing: And she has a whole row of the player's box to herself. And Kotyza + some other guy whose face was cut out of the shot were sitting above her. Sigh. Kotyza. (slightly disappointed tone of voice)

OH and, just to add insult to injury, (or perhaps to make me laugh/cry), ESPN2 and Tennis Channel added the phrase "Lost in Round 2" under her name. :hysteric:)

#371 ·

Fresh interview with HuggyBear: http://sport.idnes.cz/rozhovor-s-te...ou-fcy-/tenis.aspx?c=A130117_210626_tenis_rou

Sorry, don't have time, but maybe Lufa, paulmara or Shifty will translate his insightful (or 'insightful'? :lol:) comments :oh:
:oh:Always thought you were a man of leisure… Getting up late ..enjoying your tea & coffee with the read of the paper & then watch womens tennis all day!! ;)– so have you now snared a “squeeze” somewhere between Prague city & your country pad that is eating up all your leisure time?:lol:

:DOn a serious note who are these two clowns : Kristian Bajza (fitness coach) and Michal Safar (psychologist) – which other tennis / sports players use these two clowns?

#410 ·

In fairness Petronius: I think what he may be saying, is stemming from the latest article, which doesn't paint the best picture of Petra, Kotyza and the new Fitness guy.

Plus, many different posters have recently said, 'Petra should change her manager, her coach, leave the Czech Republic, ditch her fitness coach, train in a warm weather climate', etc.. So they're disappointed, both with Petra's results as well as her teams.

It's not just been 1, 2 or even 3 people, or me :lol: . It's been many; some we don't even see post here often (both here in the subforum and even on GM).

I don't want to take it any further than that. But I just wanted to point out, it's not only about Petra's losses or results. It's everything thing surrounding her (both what she and her team says and does, and what we don't see or hear from them as well).

Let's say, Petra played poorly in Paris, then got better and hot and won the tournament. After, Petra gained enough confidence to win the French or Wimbledon and have a good year. It wouldn't be anything her team did. It would just be Petra playing up to her level, based off of confidence. However, what Petra and her team have failed at so far is: They have not had her physically, mentally, strategic, tennis wise and goal setting wise, prepared for the daily, month to month grind and challenge of the tour, as well as living up to her ranking. And that's a fact, regardless of any past.

And if Petra's the REAL ISSUE (I can see you saying that); then THEY should come out and say it; import qualified help, and/or leave (like most top coaches do)!? But they won't! Cause neither Koytza or Cernosek, act like there's anything terribly wrong with Petra at the moment. And Kotyza himself, recently declared that he shouldn't be let go, and should be able hang around for a while. :eek: SMH/LOL. You can't make this stuff up. :rolls::oh::rolls:

My polite two cents and observation. :)
No biggie, I obviously see many things that may be improved in Petra's team, preparation methods, potential moving to a warmer country, etc. and we've discussed these issues here many times, but it's up to Petra, if she takes the necessary steps or not :D

I'm just not a fan of cheap digs or fast conclusions like somebody is a 'clown', 'idiot', 'amateur', etc. when things are not perfect. :shrug:

Any civilized discussion is warmly welcomed :)

Last, I would have loved if Ivan Lendl were appointed Petra's coach. Could you imagine the results? We all know that Lendl, sometimes dubbed 'Father of Modern Tennis', would force Petra work hard, improve her diet, etc. and bring her to a higher level. There's little doubt that Lendl >>>> Kotyza

But this is just wishful thinking, he opted for Andy and good for them both. :cool:

#428 ·

No biggie, I obviously see many things that may be improved in Petra's team, preparation methods, potential moving to a warmer country, etc. and we've discussed these issues here many times, but it's up to Petra, if she takes the necessary steps or not :D

I'm just not a fan of cheap digs or fast conclusions like somebody is a 'clown', 'idiot', 'amateur', etc. when things are not perfect. :shrug:

Any civilized discussion is warmly welcomed :)

Last, I would have loved if Ivan Lendl were appointed Petra's coach. Could you imagine the results? We all know that Lendl, sometimes dubbed 'Father of Modern Tennis', would force Petra work hard, improve her diet, etc. and bring her to a higher level. There's little doubt that Lendl >>>> Kotyza

But this is just wishful thinking, he opted for Andy and good for them both. :cool:
I dont think it would work. He would need someone who was willing to be almost machine-like in the training, or a veteran who knows exactly what they need to give them the mental edge, sort of like the Na-Rodriguez setup. Murray really wanted that extra last bit of coaching to become a champion and he was willing to push himself to the limit. Cant see how well Kvitova would react to that kind of coaching.

#398 ·

To be honest, Petra can have a thousand psychologists/mental coaches and get a million advice on how to cope with stress/pressure/asthma/uncertainty but at the end of the day, she's the only one who will actualize those pieces of advice both on- and off-court (I'm not trying to suggest that a psychologist is futile, quite the contrary). It is beneficial for a number of reasons. The most significant thing that should uplift her mental strength (and this is just my opinion) is through winning tight matches, ESPECIALLY when she is not playing well and/or when she is experiencing asthma and/or when she is improvising on court. I believe in the phrases: 'Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing' (Oscar Wilde) and 'Experience is the teacher of all things' (Julius Caesar). Through vanquishing her own nightmares on court, comes mental fortitude. Right now, she has two opponents on court, her physical contender (which is her opponent) and a mental contender (which is her mentality).

#409 ·

I've actually seen you guys talk about her team a lot although I've never actually seen what the real story is. I get the feeling it would be a long post but would anyone be willing to sum up the major issues with her team?
This slump of her's is really annoying me and it definitely is at very concerning levels now, I just want to have a bot more insight on it.

#412 · (Edited)

I've actually seen you guys talk about her team a lot although I've never actually seen what the real story is. I get the feeling it would be a long post but would anyone be willing to sum up the major issues with her team?
This slump of her's is really annoying me and it definitely is at very concerning levels now, I just want to have a bot more insight on it.

In simple terms:

Petra's Team is not run like your usual top 4-10, young grand slam champion, potential multi-grand slam winner, all court, explosive, talented players team.

I would compare it to, a young player, that's outgrown their coach/parents story, we've witnessed so many times.

However, in this case, it's Petra's Manager/Benefactor and his team (who he picks and provides for her), that's the over matched parent she can't/won't leave.

I hope you get the gist of it? I'm trying to be polite/respectful to some of our more impassioned, prideful Czech Comrades/Brethren. :lol:

If that's not enough, then I'll add a little more.

#418 ·

Thanks for everything. :D
You're welcome. :yeah:

Note: After Petra's loss to Pav's (where she played decent, albeit--wildly up and down), she claimed asthma had something to do with it.

After Petra's loss to Domi in Sydney, where she happened to play horrendous. She complained about her new fitness trainer, somehow throwing off her mind, body or strokes. It wasn't clear how or why, but she claimed her strokes and mind weren't right (or something to that effect), as a result of her recent training, new fitness instructor. I didn't read that full article (I was lazy this time), but there are some excerpts here. Just check the articles posted after the Sydney loss to Domi.

After her loss to Robson--at Oz, Petra claimed no asthma, and blamed her serve, which she described, 'the worst ever' for her. There was an article posted here, where she made those quotes/comments, preceding the article Lufa re-posted/translated, maybe by a few days. Later (as in the article Lufa provided), her mental state and lack of confidence was mentioned as well. Petra's just currently a mess, in every aspect. See, that's my opinion; not a fact or an event (where they're many of them)! :lol:

Hope that helps, gives you a good guideline, for the first three events (for her) of the year, and the subsequent quotes, gist and articles?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.