Tennis Forum banner

Ana's injury

894 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gaviotabr 
#1 ·
This is how she got the injury:

http://www.businessday.co.za/articles/sports.aspx?ID=BD4A819720

“I have had magnetic therapy, massage, creams, everything. But nothing is helping. The latest view is that I will have to completely immobilise it with a splint. Only time can heal this injury.”

Ivanovic picked up the injury when she returned to practice following a holiday after the Wimbledon Grand Slam.

“I couldn’t wait to get back into it so I started practising with this guy and we were having really good practice and hitting the ball really hard. But I think I was too enthusiastic and gradually the thumb got more and more sore. I thought I could get over it in time but there just wasn’t enough time.”

She said she would leave Beijing in the next day or two but was not clear as to where she might go.

On her prospects of playing in the US Open, which starts at the end of this month, she said: “It’s too soon to make a call on that. I will wait a while first.”
stupid guy:( (Nadal?:angel:)

#2 ·
Or Tomeu Peña, who was her hitting partner.

Really.. the more I think the more unfortunate this injury seems to me. But also, reading this, I believe that Ana might have agravated this by playing on it. She probably started feeling a little bit of pain, and kept praticing. Playing and praticing in Montreal didn't help either. And that they don't seem to know exactly what it is worries me. She had all kinds of treatments.. the ideal thing is to have a proper diagnosis and go for the most fitting treatment.

This is just so unfortunate. I still remember her saying that she would not try to defend her title in LA so she could be prepared for the Olympics. :sad: And seeing how the draw is more and more open by each day...

I just hope she can recover in time for the US Open. Missing a Grand Slam is really sad.. especially when one considers how she had everything in her hands to keep the number one position.. But of course, she should only play the US Open if this is totally healed. Playing just because it's a Grand Slam if it's not healed will only make it worse.

I wonder if her web will give any updates regarding the injury in the upcoming days...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.