Tennis Forum banner

Bojana Jovanovski Petrović

482K views 4K replies 217 participants last post by  Igorche 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

They say she's next best thing coming from Serbia...
She really plays pretty well. Has powerfull groundstrokes, and I think that she can be the next Maria Sharapova.
She has constitution like the Russian, and till now (she is just 14 years old) she has developed great! She also likes Maria very much, and plays lot like her... The stile ofcourse :)
Played two ITF finals, juniors tournaments...

Good luck to her ;)

See less See more
#3,043 ·
Re: Bojana Jovanovski...

Jovanovski: Full with confidence I am waiting for next match
Bojana Jovanovski said that her placement in the next round of the Australian Open infused great confidence to continue the tournament.

- Victory, and especially the way I was made means a lot for me in raising the confidence before next round and the rest of the season - Jovanovski said.

The third player from Serbia with placement round of 16 achieved the greatest success in her career.

- I am thrilled to see that the things we've been working hard in pre-season brought progress in the game. I would like to congratulate to Kimiko who showed great play on this tournament and enormous energy which can only inspire us all, young players - Jovanovski said.

She pointed out that in the next match she wants to enter without load and maximally concentrated.

- Although I will play in the R16 of a Grand Slam for the first time, I want to enter in the next match without load and maximally concentrated only on play. That is the only way I would be able to take a step further - said Jovanovski, who will be fighting for a place in the quarterfinals with American Sloane Stephens.
http://www.zurnal.rs/2013/01/19/jovanovski-puna-samopouzdanja-cekam-sledeci-mec/index.html

#3,050 ·

Maybe Stephens gets overexcited and overconfident? :oh: Bojana deserves some good luck to get her going again after such a bad year.

#3,051 ·

Maybe Stephens gets overexcited and overconfident? :oh: Bojana deserves some good luck to get her going again after such a bad year.
Sloane won't get overexcited or overconfident, but she will get nervous. They both will. It'll be who can settle down faster.

#3,063 ·

That was true grit, Ana should've watched this match, bravo. Fought like a true warrior, although being a huge outsider. Bojana's attitude was flawless. :)
Couldn't have said it better myself.

#3,064 ·

Heartbreaking :sad: She really should've won. Oh well, great tournament :worship:
She was the better player after the 1st set, but Sloane is on a roll atm. I'm not sure it would have been good for Bojana to advance and then get crushed by Serena(assuming she wins). Don't get me wrong, I wanted her to win, but at this point in her career, I think it's better for her to lose to Sloane and at least tell herself that she's thisclose to beating a future Top 10 player and possible Slam champion.

#3,060 ·

What a bummer to lose in such a manner. :sad: But still, I'd never have thought she'd make it to the R4 here so, well done, Bojanovski. :hi5:

#3,061 ·

On the one hand, it's a great tournament for Bojana. She took major steps forward and showed great promise. On the other hand, it's a huge opportunity to get to a Slam QF. I hope that Bojana learns from this match and builds on it. I can't wait to see what her future holds.

#3,066 ·

Didn't watch the match, but really no shame to have, losing in 3 to Stephens. Plus, reading your comments she had an amazing fighting attitude, so that's great. :hug: Keep rocking Boka! :bounce: :hearts:

#3,067 ·

lol @ all the hate and certain xenophobic comments in the result thread. It's not like she started grunting yesterday, but now when she made a decent slam result people realized that she grunts.

#3,073 ·

I just discovered that Bojana has a Facebook page after seeing her post something on Twitter. Some of those pictures are just :hearts::drool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.