Tennis Forum banner

Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

372K views 910 replies 261 participants last post by  malarkist 
#1 · (Edited)
Ana has been losing weight steadily this last year now.

Yes, she does look nice off the court, in commercials and still ads; but is she flirting with danger?

I say that because Ana is naturally a big girl, the weight she is at now seems a bit artificial; like a ballet dancer or runway model asked to lose to weight to keep her job.

Another concern is, she may not stop here and may continue to shed more pounds/kilos

When Ana won RG, she was an healthy looking athlete, proportionally built.
She played well in this tournament, but I would hate to see her play level drop and hampered because she does not have enough energy reserve.

We are told that her trainer back when she won RG has joined her team.
Maybe he'll take note of this and make a professional judgement.
He may decide that this is a healthy weight for Ana and make no big deal of it.

Note: This is not a Ana bashing thread, I know it is a challenge to resist gratuitous swipe at players,
but this is not and not meant to be one of those threads.

See less See more
#339 ·
Any recent pics of Ana? I still think she's one of the most beautiful players on tour.
I wonder if she's doing the whole gluten free diet like Novak Djokovis is doing too. He lost some weight from going GF as well, and he was already thin to begin with...

#344 ·
YES !! I agree FULLY,just after watching Ana Ivanovic win her 1st round match in 'Linz' and was totally shocked at her appearance and the amount of weight she has lost,so much so,i had to sign up here and express my concerns for her well being.I thought Daniela Hantuchova looked in a bad way years ago when she brokedown at Wimbledon,but she was always thin,Ana on the other hand WAS NOT ,the dieting MUST STOP HERE,CALL IT OFF NOW PLEASE !!

#349 ·
The commentators also talked about her weight loss during her first round match at Linz today. She's become really thin. I've seen her play a couple of times here in the Netherlands and she looked just fine back then. But when I saw her this summer the olympics she looked really thin. Even more so from what I'd already seen on tv.

#350 ·
As a fan, I agree it's fallen a bit on the lower side. I don't mind it if it's someone like Hantuchova, who we've seen very skinny her whole life, but Ana has always had a little extra love, growing up and even late teen years. She was never a naturally rail thin girl, which is why it's concerning to see the change in her weight the last year or so.

#351 ·
It didn't look good today, it looks like she lost few pounds more. When you see the pics from February, she was slim, but she looked well and healthy. Even then you could've noticed that her shots were weaker, but now... :help: Why losing more weight? It makes zero sense.

#352 ·
I can only hope it's not something that her coach or fitness trainer are encouraging/putting in her head.

Ana's a strong girl mentally--I'm sure it's only a matter of time until she snaps out of it. Still, hopefully the media attention on it resonates with her or at least the people around her, who can discuss the matter with her and get to the bottom of it.

#357 ·
Can't be bothered looking through this thread but her haters better not be in here showing concern :rolls:. If so then take your hypocrisy somewhere else :bigwave:.

Reactions: Brena
#359 ·
Not "sick", but she looks like she has not hit womanhood yet, as though her body has shut down and reversed course and turned back into a 15 year old version of itself. It's not just body fat, but muscle that's gone. She has absolutely no shape at all now, like Hantuchova at her worst. I guess that's the Sears mentality.

Oh well.

#364 ·
Am I right in thinking she began to get noticeably thinner before Sears was on the scene? Either way, to coach one malnourished player might be seen as unfortunate, but to coach two....I must say, I've never warmed to the man. As a coach, at best he states the obvious, but I wonder what his ethos is behind the scenes.

#372 ·
No way does Ana look anything like as extremely thin as Daniela looked at her worst, but I think she's not doing herself any favours by being that slight. I too think she'd benefit from some extra bulk, but it's her call and I don't think she looks ill or anything at this stage. I think it's a bit OTT for people to use terms like malnourished... she's looking very slim, but that's quite different to looking unwell due to extreme calorie restriction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.