Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anett Kontaveit

432K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  chingching 
#1 ·
Anett Kontaveit is 14 years old tennis player. She won Estonian national championships in 2009. Could she be new star for Estonia in future? Atleast there is hope for that. This thread is for her. So let`s share Anett`s tennis results and talk about her tennis.

#1,801 ·
Anett :haha: :cheer:
I am so surprised but very happy :D

No Doubles which may be a good thing but I was enjoying her run :D
I feel a bit better from here as her form is obviously not horrific and she normally does well as a Qulifier in Tourneys :oh:

I think Kremen is very winnable for her but Sasha Sasnovich is in excellent form... still Anett has beaten her before and at her best is probably the slightly better player :)

If she can make the SF I don't think she'll have many problems as Ivakhenko is not good and then hopefully an easy Final vs Buyukakcay :oh:

Anett seems to have found out that I am only going to keep her as my avatar if she wins Moscow or Roland Garros :lol: If she wins both I will keep her as my Avatar forever :D

#1,809 · (Edited)
Yay :)
Kremen may be very overranked but that is still a good win :)
Sasha will be hard but I think if she brings her best she can win :)
It's great that she's playing better :)

EDIT:It is officially Sasha after she beat Danilina 6-1 6-4: closer than I expected given their contrasting forms...
Anyway, if Anett can pull off the win she really would be in excellent shape to keep her Avatar a little time longer with a SF against Vinogradova/Kalabina and a Final against Buyukakcay/Kirillova/Melnikova/Flink/Shapatava :D
Very winnable :oh: :D
Still, still has to get past Sasnovich :)
Good Luck :bounce: :cheer:

#1,813 ·
Anett won 7-5 6-3 :cheer:
When I started following she was down 4-5 but recovered nicely :)
Then she had 5-2 which went to 5-3 and I was scared she'd choke but she didn't :hug:
She's into a 25K Final :sobbing:
We have waited so long for this moment :D
She will break Top 340 with this result :cheer:
I really hope she wins and I think she can as Cagla is a typical Journeywoman :lol:
Such a shame she isn't playing 25K Agri next week: there is no Qualifying Draw and BYES in the first rounds :D
Is that the first 25K ever :haha:

#1,815 ·
:lol:
Well she's definitely not typical: well maybe a typical Estonian :D
I am so excited for the Final :D
I don't know why but in my mind I just see her winning: it is written :oh:
I don't know what it is but I just know she is gonna win :lol:

Remember, this tournament was the start of Yulia Putintseva's big rise :)
And random Qualifiers always win Russian 25s... Anett is not random but she is a Qualifier :D
Also, her record against the Top Seed in Tournaments is scarily good :lol:

#1,820 · (Edited)
Anett won 6-1 6-1 :sobbing: :cheer: :hysteric: :eek: :lol: :haha: :bowdown: :worship: :help: :wavey: :D :)
There aren't enough emoticons in the world :D
Such a great win and a really great well-deserved week :D
This sets her up excellently for Roland Garros :)
She has to be the favourite :D
This week was just so dominant and unexpected :D
I hope she spends her $4000 well :D

What's funniest: she lost more games to Fomina than to Buyukakcay, Kulichkova and Sasnovich and lost 3 games to Kuznetsova, who has failed to qualify for ITF Junior G4s and G3s and in her last Pro Match lost to the lesser ranked Frolova 1 and 0 (Frolova only beat Birgit Burk 2 and 4 :haha:)

#1,823 ·
I do think she is fit enough as Kaia was bitched by the various scheduling :(
Anett will have easier opponents in the first Round giving her time to rest (unless she gets Sorribes Tormo who isn't even in mildly good form) :)
I think she won't play Doubles which is good as she needs to take this confidence into Roland Garros but not get too tired :)

If she can play like this then I see her winning 50Ks in Kazan :D

#1,827 · (Edited)
I thought maybe she could play Ystad 25k on the week of 17th of June, but she isn't listed there unfortunately :( Would have been a good chance to take advantage of this good clay form and get some more points, because the level of the tournament might be similar to Moscow.

I guess her team did not expect that kind of success in Moscow. So maybe she can still make a late entrance? I don't know how this late entry system works exactly though.

#1,828 ·
I thought maybe she could play Ystad 25k on the week of 17th of June, but she isn't listed there unfortunately :( Would have been a good chance to take advantage of this good clay form and get some more points, because the level of the tournament might be similar to Moscow.
Maybe Baku :oh:
Although her last trip to Asia was a bit of a fail :D
Still, Baku is Caucasus and in Eurovision so counts as Europe ;)

I really think she should play 25s, 50s or higher in America as those tournaments are always filled with overranked Americans :)

#1,830 ·
WOW!:eek: Anett's producing some goooooood news. :cheer:

I agree with muusa though, Anett should take advantage of her good form and not waste it on the juniors:(
I think everyone agrees with that :D
Although given that she is playing Juniors, I think her confidence could be like Bouchard's if she wins a slam :)
Remember Anett has a winning record against her ;) :D
And also Putintseva and Barty are equal with her :D
If she played like this I think she could have beaten Vekic this week :D

#1,833 ·
:shrug: Maybe she kind of is sucked in there.. I mean if she really already thought of the Wimbledon ball already against Bouchard.. That's another reason she should stop with the juniors, maybe she's a bit overconfident against them, but then loses:(

But I looked at the headlines involving Anett, those are not even over the top lately:eek: Though the one reporting victory could still include VÕIMAS! or something similar:lol:

#1,834 ·
I know what you mean :)
I think she uses Juniors as a way to get her confidence up but she may be too reliant on it...
I can't really say that though after she just won a $25,000 :D
She will have my Avatar forever if she wins Junior RG :D I am sure that will get her through :D
So I give you all permission to thank me for getting Anett the title :D

#1,838 · (Edited)
:haha:

This is Anett's Roland Garros Draw:
(1)Ana Konjuh (CRO) v Katie Boulter (GBR)
Jamie Loeb (USA) v Nina Stojanovic (SRB)
Petra Uberalova (SVK) v (wc)Solene Guyomard (FRA)
(16)Ipek Soylu (TUR) v Veronika Kudermetova (RUS)

(10)Karin Kennel (SUI) v (wc)Margot Yerolymos (FRA)
(LL)Beatrice Lombardo (ITA) v (Q)Iryna Shymanovich (BLR)
Ioana Ducu (ROU) v Anna Danilina (KAZ)
(6)Darya Kasatkina (RUS) v Gabriela Pantuckova (CZE)

(3)Katerina Siniakova (CZE) v Elizaveta Kulichkova (RUS)
Carolina Meligeni Alves (BRA) v Domenica Gonzalez (ECU)
Maria Constanza Vega (ARG) v (wc)Oceane Dodin (FRA)
(14)Carol Zhao (CAN) v Katherine Ip (HKG)

(12)Christina Makarova (USA) v (Q)Chiara Grimm (SUI)
(Q)Alina Silich (RUS) v Ayaka Okuno (JPN)
(wc)Carla Touly (FRA) v (SE)Anhelina Kalinina (UKR)
(5)Antonia Lottner (GER) v Alejandra Cisneros (MEX)

(7)Katy Dunne (GBR) v Adrijana Lekaj (CRO)
(wc)Jade Suvrijn (FRA) v (Q)Sara Sorribes Tormo (ESP)
Maria Marfutina (RUS) v Barbara Haas (AUT)
(9)Camila Giangreco Campiz (PAR) v (SE)Louisa Chirico (USA)

(15)Anett Kontaveit (EST) v Ilka Csoregi (ROU)
(wc)Estelle Cascino (FRA) v Hikari Yamamoto (JPN)
Sandra Samir (EGY) v Helen Ploskina (UKR)
(4)Varvara Flink (RUS) v (Q)Kristina Schmiedlova (SVK)

(8)Ching-Wen Hsu (TPE) v Victoria Rodriguez (MEX)
Anastasiya Komardina (RUS) v (wc)Alice Bacquie (FRA)
Sara Tomic (AUS) v (Q)Jana Fett (CRO)
(11)Taylor Townsend (USA) v (Q)Viktoriya Lushkova (UKR)

(13)Barbora Krejcikova (CZE) v Laura Ucros (COL)
Beatriz Haddad Maia (BRA) v (wc)Theo Gravouil (FRA)
(Q)Erin Routliffe (CAN) v Fiona Ferro (FRA)
(2)Belinda Bencic (SUI) v Alice Matteucci (ITA)

It seems that Roland Garros likes the Estonians this year :lol:(aside from Jurgen :()
No problems IMO until Quarters where Sorribes Tormo may be awkward but if she for some reason fails she will have no problems with Dunne or that random Paraguyan :lol:
If she gets past QF, SF vs Haddad Maia/Krejcikova/Bencic/Townsend is very winnable :)
Then Final against Konjuh or Siniakova :)

I really hope for a title here and given the way her draw is done, each round is a bit of a step up so she has a good chance IMO :D :hug:

BTW, it is a shame that she will be playing Roland Garros because it would be really great IMO if she could play Birmingham Qualies... It is always so weak they put Doubles Players in and tonnes of WCs so she could win a round, get some practice and if she qualified she gets a really easy R1 opponent because it is a 64 Player International :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.