Tennis Forum banner

YEC 2012 iSTANBUL Mission: Beat Vika/Rena, humiliate Haga and win the title.

73K views 1K replies 93 participants last post by  Abuttons 
#1 ·
I have no idea how she'll do here. Here's hoping for an easy group.

#967 ·
Today is the day to switch from daylight saving time from normal time, so I fuck up every time because I forget if you use the daylight saving time in UK or not... :hysteric:
What time is it now for you? :lol:
Anyway it should be 17.00 Istanbul = 16.00 CET = 15.00 GMT... I think.

#972 ·
Yeah I think so :lol: anyway, about tomorrow, if you in UK turn your clocks back like us, it should still be at 15.00 for you and 16.00 for us. I'm ALMOST sure. :lol:

#978 ·
#982 ·
Will probably get closed, I just thought it was interesting and showed that you really can never predict what will happen.

#989 ·
No matter what will happen in the final, i'm proud of Maria achievement in this tournament.

thanks love.

#993 ·
A win over Vika already makes this a successful tournament. Very gratifying. Obviously, expecting one last W this year would be a bit too much... but you never know. I don't think I'll ever go into a Serena match without a tiny little bit of hope. Even if it's not much, there's a small part of me that wonders if it could happen. I just feel like Maria's going to get her once. One day, she will finally get the lucky break and beat her. Tomorrow could be that day... you never know. As we always do with Serena... let's go into it prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best.

#998 ·
I just hope she has a positive mentality going into this match. She had a good positive mentality against Vika yesterday and she should bring that today.

Oh and another important thing she can do? HOLD SERVE. I'm serious. I was thinking of Dementieva and how she turned her H2H with Serena around yesterday and the one thing sje did consistently since 2007 when she first beat Serena was hold her serve. And her serve was worse than Masha's! That 09 Wimbly semifinal between them was ridiculously close and if Maria can play like Elena did that day, I would be a happy woman.

#1,000 ·
I think if Maria brings her 2010 Wimbledon mentality it would be suffice, because game wise she's improved leaps and bounds.

Just watched the highlights of Maria-Aga courtesy of QueenMariaSharapova2. I loveee the intensity and she's seemingly found back her slap-shot BH DTL. Such a beauty. When she mixes up the directions, angles and actually *GASP* introduces the variety she has, she can be unbelievable on court.

#1,001 ·
Frederic Verdier(French commentator) is really getting on my nerves :eek: does he REALLY think that he needs to remind us that Maria hasn't beat Serena since 2004 every single time or what?:help:
He was choked about this stat, I know it's a long time ago but he needs to remember that Maria barely played Serena in her peak years (2005-2006) he said that he thought Maria could have at least get a win in 05-06 because she was really good at the time but he needs to know that they didn't play each other at all during that time mostly because Serena was in a slump anyway that H2H is very misleading, they played like 6 times in 8 years :help:
Maria already played Vika 6 times this year alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.