Tennis Forum banner

2011/12 Aussie ITF circuit

34K views 475 replies 29 participants last post by  TS 
#1 · (Edited)
The end-of-year Aussie ITFs aren't far off now, starting in Alice Springs on Sep 5.

The entry list is out and although it'll change a bit before the tournament starts, some interesting things to note:

Jess Moore and Marija Mirkovic are early withdrawals. No sign of Sophie Letcher :sad: Monika Wejnert and Jade Hopper are still nowhere to be seen. And no Shannon Golds either :sad:

Aussie girls that are on the list include Sally Peers, Casey, Liv, Tammi P, Bojana, Izzy, Sophie F, Dani D, Monique plus lots of scrubs.

No Ashleigh Barty but my fave 2 NT players are on the list: Kassandra Dunser (who's been injured for a lot of this year) and Tarlina Tipungwuti, who's now in the top 100 in Australia after being unranked at the start of the year and is being coached by Alun Jones :)

#398 ·
Bojana lost 7-6 in the 3rd :bigcry:

Great win for Ashleigh tho. Defo back in form.

Mildura WCs:

Viki Rajicic
Steph Bengson
Tyra Calderwood
Brooke Rischbieth

I think Tyra's game should be suited to grass. A MD win would be awesome for her! The draw isn't as strong as this week's in Sydney. We'll have quite a few seeds in qualifying this time round.

#406 ·
Ashleigh Barty (AUS) d. (1)Chanel Simmonds (RSA) 62 63
Richel Hogenkamp (NED) d. (WC)Tyra Calderwood (AUS) 64 62
(8)Sally Peers (AUS) d. Sandra Zaniewska (POL) 64 63

Ash and Sally :cheer: Thought Sally would have lost as Zaniewska is playing some good tennis. Ash tweeted saying she didnt even play well aswell :eek:

#407 ·
Ashleigh Barty (AUS) d. (1)Chanel Simmonds (RSA) 62 63
Richel Hogenkamp (NED) d. (WC)Tyra Calderwood (AUS) 64 62
(8)Sally Peers (AUS) d. Sandra Zaniewska (POL) 64 63

Ash and Sally :cheer: Thought Sally would have lost as Zaniewska is playing some good tennis. Ash tweeted saying she didnt even play well aswell :eek:
Actually not a bad score from Tyra :)

Some luck finally for Sally. Sandra has been playing well. :bounce:

Ashleigh keeps on rolling on. Poor Chanel hasn't had it easy on this Aussie tour. 4 tournies including Aus Open quallies and no wins.

#414 ·
Tyra & steph dominating these aus itfs! Must both be close to top 200? Better travel!!
Why Boj pull out btw? To play kl wta?

#417 ·
my guess for Boj pulling out would be so she can be in Kuala Lumpar in time for quallies if she is still playing there, i think on the entry list thread someone wrote she had entered. she wouldn't want to be in the quarters tomorrow and then have to pull out and fly to Malaysia the same day or whatever, anyway we'll see if she's in the qually draw soon.

#419 ·
So the ITF circuit reaches NZ and the draw is a lot weaker, especially the qualifying. Check out the Aussie girls who qualified! Most of the Aussies got pretty shit draws, except for Svinos v Balint! Someone's getting a very lucky 9 WTA points!!

Wellington Singles Main Draw

(1)Chanel Simmonds (RSA) v (Q)Rebecca Leahy (AUS)
Sina Haas (GER) v Yurina Koshino (JPN)
(wc)Dianne Hollands (NZL) v (wc)Mia Middleton (NZL)
(7)Sung-Hee Han (KOR) v (Q)Alexandra Cannizzaro (AUS)

(3)Monique Adamczak (AUS) v Risa Ozaki (JPN)
Mai Minokoshi (JPN) v (wc)Emily Fanning (NZL)
(Q)Mary-Ann Balint (AUS) v (Q)Angelique Svinos (AUS)
(5)Sandra Zaniewska (POL) v (Q)Nina Catovic (AUS)

(8)Ying-Ying Duan (CHN) v Stephanie Bengson (AUS)
Miyu Kato (JPN) v (Q)Nives Baric (AUS)
Nicola Geuer (GER) v Anna Fitzpatrick (GBR)
(4)Arina Rodionova (RUS) v (Q)Chiaki Okadaue (JPN)

(6)Yue-Yue Hu (CHN) v Julia Moriarty (IRL)
Keren Shlomo (ISR) v (wc)Claudia Williams (NZL)
Makoto Ninomiya (JPN) v (Q)Luci Barlow (NZL)
(2)Sacha Jones (AUS) v Riko Sawayanagi (JPN)

I thought Izzy was gonna play in this?! :shrug:

#429 ·
guys, do you know any news about Belinda Woolcock? she´s not been playing since Hobart and I am a bit worried about her because there were and will be other ITF events in Australia and she hasn´t competed so far this year... I would expect she´ll get some WDs but she´s not on any of Ipswich and Bundaberg lists...

#430 ·
Ipswich draw is out :)

(1)Yurika Sema (JPN) v (wc)Ashling Sumner (AUS)
Shuko Aoyama (JPN) v Chieh-Yu Hsu (USA)
Tina Schiechtl (AUT) v (wc)Rachael Tredoux (AUS)
(5)Arina Rodionova (RUS) v (wc)Isabelle Wallace (AUS)

(4)Monique Adamczak (AUS) v (Q)Hua-Chen Lee (TPE)
(wc)Azra Hadzic (AUS) v (Q)Risa Ozaki (JPN)
Chinami Ogi (JPN) v (Q)Alison Bai (AUS)
(8)Sandra Zaniewska (POL) v Erika Takao (JPN)

(6)Junri Namigata (JPN) v Anna Fitzpatrick (GBR)
Jennifer Elie (USA) v Mai Minokoshi (JPN)
Ashleigh Barty (AUS) v (Q)Ashley Keir (AUS)
(3)Sacha Jones (AUS) v (Q)Stephanie Bengson (AUS)

(7)Sally Peers (AUS) v Viktorija Rajicic (AUS)
Wen-Hsin Hsu (TPE) v (Q)Nives Baric (AUS)
(Q)Jessica Moore (AUS) v Miharu Imanishi (JPN)
(2)Isabella Holland (AUS) v (Q)Karolina Wlodarczak (AUS)

Slightly weaker than the draws from the start of the year, which was to be expected. Still some tough competition in there though. I only live an hour away I might draw and pop down this week.

#432 ·
It would have been nice if Barty, Jones and Peers, Rajicic were a little more spread out. Would love to see Adamczak in the final against one of those four.

Amazing to see Jess back, lets hope the time off has been good for her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.