Doha QF: New XEWTA No.1 Serena Williams def. Petra Kvitova in an EPIC 3-6 6-3 7-5 - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 17th, 2013, 04:00 AM   #316
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Doha QF: New XEWTA No.1 Serena Williams def. Petra Kvitova in an EPIC 3-6 6-3 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
Actually I liked your post. It's not usual to see finely argued ones like yours in this forum, so even if we disagree that's OK.
Wow, thanks.
And compliments such as these are a rarity as well.
And I certainly appreciate your well-crafted rebuttals.
Hopefully, we can enjoy more of these in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
I do agree w/ you that "choke" is prob a misnomer for how Kvitova played...it's more she doesn't quite know how to play the big points well and gets sloppy...I don't think Petra ever really gets tight against the top players...it's more she doesn't quite think strategically clear and improvise...like as soon as her serve was going off the radar again, she should've just taken a little off just to get the 1st serve in...4-1 was a crucial point and she just, yet again, didn't make the right decisions and got sloppy
I agree wholeheartedly on this. From the first time I watched her play Serena, "nervous" was never an adjective I would ever use to define any aspect of her mentality.
Hungry...driven...anticipatory...fearless...are all words that come to mind.
I also agree that she appears to get "tight" in these situations and loses her focus.
After that, her strategy seems to evaporate.
I would love to see her regain that initial image I had of her when she met Serena during one Wimbledon. It was like watching a young Venus out there.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 03:43 AM   #317
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Doha QF: New XEWTA No.1 Serena Williams def. Petra Kvitova in an EPIC 3-6 6-3 7-5

I know i am very dam late with this. Don't blame me blame the internet bill my mom has to pay. Please bare with me because this will be a long paragraph i never aced on organization.

So yes i downloaded the full match of this. And i have to say i am very very pleased with this match. Yes Serena has a cold but what i love about her is that she will fight to the bitter end. I am also impressed by Kvitova in this match. Her groundies are looking much better and her serve has been improving a whole lot. But of course her problem is still her consistency. It will take her some time but i think she is maturing a bit at a time. But this match made me proud of both of these girls. I am so proud of them because one i am big fans of them. Formerly known as Serena&Petra. And the fact that tennis has been missing these types of matches. Both of these players of course has poor footwork but i think Petra is getting a little better on the footwork. But yes, i am very very happy and i am glad that i watched this match. Petra really has alot of chances. Especially when she was up a break receiving at 2-0 in the second and 4-1 in the third. But like i said consistency on the mental part really has let her down in this match, she had a chance to win this match because Serena wasnt at her best, she was ill. I didnt think that Petra isnt like 2011 yet. But i know that she is getting there and slowly progressing at the moment. But yes thats all i have to say about this match. Congrats to both and i love the exchange at the end by both players and the winner's speech by Serena it was so nice to see.

Vamos Serena & Petra

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote