Tennis Forum banner

*^*Margalita Chakhnashvili*^*

87K views 1K replies 54 participants last post by  Qalahari 
#1 ·
Yesterday I went to Antwerp and was interested to see Chakhnashvili. I watched her for the first time and was really impressed by her. She has a good forehand and moved around the court with ease. I spoke to her a bit at the end and she was a nice girl... today she lost to Razzano 75 in the final set but plays doubles with the girl I saw her defeat, Ivanova.

So lets start supporting Maga :yeah:

Here are some pictures of Maga:

See less See more
#34 ·
შენ თუ სამოცზე მეტი გაქვს - აქეთ გაქვს გამოსაგზავნი მე 20 მომიგროვდება, მეტი არა

დადე აქ, ყველაზე უცნობები და მეც დავდებ რამდენიმეს

სალომეს მამამ მითხრა 9 თვე ამერიკაში ემზადებოდაო, ვნახოთ..

#39 ·
Margalita won 25K Padova :D

Her Route to the Final

Q1 [WC,1] Chakhnashvili vs BYE
Q2 [WC,1] Chakhnashvili def Karen-Emelia Castiblanco-Duarte COL 61 63
Q3 [WC,1] Chakhnashvili def Alessandra Di Batte ITA 62 62

R1 [WC,3] Chakhnashvili def Michaela Pastikova CZE 36 64 76(2)
R2 [WC,3] Chakhnashvili def Daria Kustava BLR 46 61 75
QF [WC,3] Chakhnashvili def Gianna Doz CRO [WC] 76(5) 61
SF [WC,3] Chakhnashvili def Rosana De Los Rios PAR [5] 75 61
F [WC,3] Chakhnashvili def Sandra Zahlavova CZE [2] 36 61 63

#48 ·
Margalita has a very good draw in Petange (ITF $75K + H ) - she is the bottom half of the draw which is much weaker. Should have a good run. She has joined forces again in the doubles with Yuliya Beygelzimer, and they won their R1 match yesterday. Hope they can go one better than their recent runner-up finish.:) :)

#50 ·
Maka :(
When I saw her in Antwerp I was pretty sure she would be getting to the top 100 this year. It seems unlikely though now :(

#53 ·
ანგარიშიც რო მიგეწერა კაი იქნებოდა :lol:

Chakhnashvili def Vierin 46 76(4) 64 After being down 46 15 and 46 56*. What a great fight, next up is Fedossova who is in really bad form. She barely beat Mandy Manella who is in the 600s !

#54 ·
I saw Margalita play Nathalie Vierin. A controversial moment happened when Margalita served when Nathalie wasn't ready. Nathalie had been taking a long time between points, going to the towel each time. Margalita would wait with ball in hand, while Nathalie was getting a drink or towel. I think that Margalita was annoyed at this and served without Nathalie being ready. Nathalie complained to the umpire, but the point went to Margalita.

Nathalie's father was cheering loudly throughout the match. Margalita had a cheering section for her as well. I think that it was her family, but I'm not sure.

There were a lot of good rallies. I enjoyed watching the match.

Near the end of the match, it started lightly raining. Margalita wanted to continue, but Nathalie complained. Play stopped for a little while. After the rain finished, the ball kids were wiping the lines with towels. Margalita even wiped the line with her foot. I think she was anxious to finish the match. When play resumed, a ball was hit long but was called in. Nathalie was angry and started shouting in Italian.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.