Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ana Konjuh

488K views 5K replies 103 participants last post by  Meelis 
#1 ·
Born 27.12.1997
Ok guys I followed this girls developement for quite a few months now.
Last month she won the European Junior Championships, Pilzen for girls under 14.

Other success she had this year:
Winner of G16 Junior Croatia Open, Cakovec
Winner of G14 Mladost Grill Open, Zagreb
Winner of G16 Kvarner Open, Rijeka
Also reaching a G16 final in AvignonFR and a couple of SFs.

This year she has a win-loss record of 48-7 currently. With those 4 titles.
She seems to be highly talented, there´s a lot of potential, hope she´s not going to fade away and go her way.

http://www.nacional.hr/clanak/113738/ana-konjuh-vodeca-u-europi
http://www.nacional.hr/clanak/113113/ana-konjuh-europska-prvakinja

People might say it´s too early for a thread but after twinning the European Championchips I though she would deserve a own thread.

See less See more
#2,435 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I've been following this thread for a few months now. I first heard the inspirational story about her ill sister, and also saw she is the number one junior player in the world, so I became interested. I'm really eager to see Ana play a full match on-court, as I haven't been able to see her play (not even YouTube helps) and would like to see that she is as good as they say she is! That is all the more reason that she needs to make the RG junior final. :) Of course, recently, we are all worried about her shoulder injury and concerned that it is neither long-term nor career-threatening. Another thing I am curious about is her physical height. I can't seem to find her official height anywhere. Is she already 1.74m (the magic number when it comes to champions in women's tennis)?

As a side note, it appears she is back on Twitter! https://twitter.com/anakonjuh

#2,436 ·
Another thing I am curious about is her physical height. I can't seem to find her official height anywhere. Is she already 1.74m (the magic number when it comes to champions in women's tennis)?
Welcome aboard ;)

I can't find anything on her height either, but looking at photos she strikes me as being somewhere between 1.70 and 1.75 (closer to the later), although obviously that's just my guess.

#2,446 ·
I remember when I was going on some U14 HTS( Croatian tennis association) tournament and I saw a kid that was around 10 beating the crap out of the kid that was 3-4 years older than him. I asked who this kid was, and someone told me, It's Borna Ćorić. I'm glad he made it that far in junior tennis, reaching the two semifinals in slams, I hope that Ana can follow his way today and win her Kasatkina match, ajmo Ana :D

#2,456 ·
I think that she should go on surgery if that shoulder is bothering her in a way that she's not able to serve 100%, defeats on junior level can affect her self esteem. It's better to miss a season than making her condition even harder than it is.

#2,460 ·
I don't know what you are talking about. Kyrgios isn't anything special on clay. why wouldn't he loose? Borna could beat him, too. Garin and especially Milojevic are beatable, too. Zverev is good, too.
I would say Quinzi maybe didn't give 100% (he is really doing well on pro tour).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.