Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anett Kontaveit

431K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  chingching 
#1 ·
Anett Kontaveit is 14 years old tennis player. She won Estonian national championships in 2009. Could she be new star for Estonia in future? Atleast there is hope for that. This thread is for her. So let`s share Anett`s tennis results and talk about her tennis.

#3,144 ·
How random :lol: That makes me a bit worried because the way in which she lost her concentration and drive was ridiculous, and she wasn't even tired :help:

Anyway, hopefully she gets into Montreal and can make an impact :)

It does seem like she is done with 25s :lol: One of the lowest ranked players to play exclusively higher ranked events :)

Oh and BTW, she will be seeded in Vancouver after Gajdosova had such a terrible loss to Sanchez :cheer:

She should try and get a Coach by the end of the year... Maybe this will wake some people up :)

#3,146 ·
HAHA :D They seem to have a slightly different relationship :) The photos seem pretty basic though and they are basically all the same :lol: I thought they might have caught them doing other things :D I wish Kenneth beat Andrew :oh:
Anett will be seeded I think for Vancouver now that Jarmila lost :cheer: Hopefully she can get some good Outdoor Hard practice in Estonia :) Is Tondiraba TK the only centre with Outdoor Hard courts?

#3,156 · (Edited)
These were her exact words according to the article in Postimees:

Lõpetuseks tõdes Kontaveit, et pole treenerit veel leidnud ning kellegagi läbirääkimisi ei pea. Otsingud jätkuvad. Juhendajast oleks abi mängu eel ja järel, kuid mitte ajal, selgitas ta: "Väljakul meeldib ise mõelda, analüüsida ja tegutseda. Ka siis, kui mul treener oli, ei kutsunud teda väljakule nõuandeid jagama."

Btw the Montreal qualies list is very strong indeed, the last one in is currently Rogers, #104. Maybe Anett hopes to get a wildcard? I'm also surprised she didn't enter a 25k as a backup.

#3,157 ·
Interesting, I didn't see that article :lol: Nice to see her wanting to improve her tennis thinking :)

Maybe not dislike, but she says that she wants to think, analyze and make decisions on court herself.

WTA yes, ITF's depends how organizers decide. Since 2013 it's allowed to allow on court coaching.
I was just thinking, because I have never seen it happen before on ITF :)

#3,160 ·
How exciting :inlove: Really pounding her way towards Top 100 :inlove: I am surprised she is so low on the race as I don't recall her having any really amazing results last year... Only 84 Points from Podgorica and Margaret River :shrug: :)

At least not she has made her Goal :) Making Top 100 by the end of the year also seems very possible :cheer:

#3,163 ·
How exciting with the stream :) Unless Anett plays really badly, she should at least make the QFs... Tatishvili is not in amazing form but has been playing some tough players so hopefully Anett can make a SF :) Min vs Gajdosova will be close I think...

No Doubles however :( I wanted her to play with Krajicek :oh: Anyway, hopefully she plays some more when she gets back to Europe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.