Tennis Forum banner

The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2014!!!

149K views 3K replies 68 participants last post by  Serg. 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's our new thread yall. :D

#2 ·
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2010

New thread :bounce:

#5 ·

Beth/Zi :hearts: I hope she'll play mixed doubles as well.

Any word of her going into qualies for Sydney?

Nope, Beth was never on the entry list :p. She's spending time with her man during the 1st week of the new year :lol::p.

Hopefully she'll get a good draw in the AO qualis. I just hope she ( or any of my faves )doesn't get Yanina in the 1st rd :scared:

#7 ·

^Dickmayer? :eek:
Seriously, edit that post or apologize or I'll report you ;)
It's not right to make fun of other players, sometimes it's okay, but this Dickmayer/Wickmayer thing is really getting out of hand on this forum and us Yanina-fans really don't appreciate it ;)
How did you feel about the thread about the Shahar Peer bomb scare thing where that poster said Shahar should be banned from Auckland? Exactly...

#8 ·

making fun of a players name and a player's life being at risk are 2 completely different things. but i will edit for you anyways.

#9 ·

Also, a mod could've seen it and you might've gotten banned or something :eek:
And I think someone got a temporary ban like 2 years ago for making fun of Yanina and her grunts and calling her Dickmayer and making fun of her "ugliness" and stuff ;)

#14 ·

Go Beth! :cheer:

#21 ·

Beth :hearts::yeah:

#23 ·

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/match_reports/2010-01-14/201001141263450886796.html << Pic of Beth from yesterday wearing a NEON LIME top :drool:

Mattek-Sands fights back to advance

American Bethanie Mattek-Sands advanced to the second round of qualifying for Australian Open 2010 on Thursday, knocking out Julia Vakulenko of the Ukraine 2-6 6-3 6-4.

The colourful Mattek-Sands, as well known for her array of tennis outfits as she is for her on-court exploits, looked to be in trouble in the opening set as Vakulenko snatched a double break and raced to a 4-1 lead. The American struggled with her serve and was regularly distracted by the wind, which affected her ball toss.

The 26-year-old Ukrainian romped through the set in 27 minutes, sealing it with a forehand winner.

Mattek-Sands, sporting white knee-high socks, overcame her poor start in the second set. The 24-year-old clawed her way back into the match, winning the first three games.

Vakulenko did not back down, breaking Mattek-Sands’ serve in the seventh game, but immediately relinquished her advantage as the American quickly broke back. Mattek-Sands claimed the set with a deep forehand winner after 33 minutes, sending the match into a decider.

The final set was a tightly-contested battle, with both players having their chances. Vakulenko’s first double fault for the match set up a break point for Mattek-Sands, but after snatching the break at 4-3, the American called for a trainer and received treatment on her right hand. Returning on court after a five-minute injury time-out, the American looked to quickly wrap up the match, and saved three break points in the 10th and final game of the set before sealing the match with a cross-court forehand winner.

Mattek-Sands will play 13th-seeded Canadian Sharon Fichman in the next round. Fichman defeated Severine Beltrame of France 6-2 6-4 on Thursday.

#29 ·

:bounce:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.