Tennis Forum banner

STUTTGART 2013: Claypova slays and wins 2nd Porsche!

78K views 1K replies 100 participants last post by  Asanty 
#1 ·
Stuttgart 2012 was one of Maria's most memorable tournaments ever :hearts:

She beat 3 Top 5 players in a row on road to the first of her 3 big titles on clay last year.

Stuttgart was a great start and a boost to her amazing 2012 clay season campaign.

R2 def. Cornet 6-3 1-0, ret.
QF def. Stosur 6-7 7-6 7-5 :worship:
SF def. Kvitova 6-4 7-6 :drool:
F def. Azarenka 6-1 6-4 :drool:

See less See more
4 2
#9 ·
Re: STUTTGART 2013: ClayGodPova returns to SLAY on the red dirt!

Anyone knows what happened to the Porsche? :lol:

#11 ·

I was gonna complain that it's too early but I don't want to be mean to Fighterpova :hug: This would be a great opportunity with no Vika and Rena the only big threat would be Na. I'm really excited about the clay season it's definitely her biggest chance for a slam this year :cheer:

#12 ·

My favorite clay tournament outside RG :hearts:. I don't know, I just find the courts especially beautiful, and winning the car is so unique and awesome, and definitely fitting for Maria :lol:

#15 ·

Probably the best non-slam tournament of the entire year. Awesome atmosphere, typically great field and the players all look pumped up throughout. Last year was so epic with Avicii's Levels playing when the players came on court.

Couldn't ask for better conditions for Maria either, what with the clean and slow clay on an indoor venue. She'll probably have to deal with Li Na in the final (Li's gonna be the second seed right?) and that's no small task, but she's the heavy favorite.

#20 ·

Maria needs that second porsche to let us forget Miami again :lol:

#22 ·

Excited for this to start! I joined TF right after she beat Alize here last year, and I will upgrade to Premium on the first day :hearts:. EXCITED

#27 ·

Right, I want nothing less than a title here. Who else is playing? Serena and Azarenka aren't so she has NO excuses.

I want her to destroy the entire field and show us that fighting spirit that has made her who she is :armed:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.