Multi sports thread - Page 58 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 26th, 2014, 10:05 PM   #856
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Multi sports thread

It's one of those things that we will never know. Based on their previous head-to-head combined with it being Stan's first slam final it seems very unlikely that he would have defeated a 100% healthy Nadal but of course he could have.

I'm not a Nadal fan but I think that it was great that he kept playing (assuming he didn't make the injury worse). It gives Wawrinka a more "legitimate" win and also gives the fans a better match, especially after Nadal was able to win a set.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2014, 09:30 AM   #857
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
It's one of those things that we will never know. Based on their previous head-to-head combined with it being Stan's first slam final it seems very unlikely that he would have defeated a 100% healthy Nadal but of course he could have.
Nadal would have been the favorite, no doubt about it. But I think that their h2h is somewhat misleading since the Wawrinka of the last twelve months or so has been a much improved player. If he had played at this level throughout his career it's likely that he would have picked up a win or two against Nadal at some point.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 06:54 PM   #858
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

There's no way to prove this, but I don't care....I remember thinking, after their narrow loss to Atlanta in last year's NFC playoffs, that the close defeat would be the extra motivational boost that ultra-talented Seattle needed to take the next step the following year(i.e., THIS one). The SB loser has rarely even made it BACK to the big one the next year, and only twice has the previous year's loser won the following season(it happened in back-to-back years, in fact: SB 5 loser Dallas came back and won #6, then SB 6 loser Miami actually won the next two). That hasn't recurred for over 40 years now, and I was confident that ANY team led by immature, PMS-afflicted bitch Jim Harbaugh would find a way to come up short.

I'm not a Seahawks fan, per se, but it would be nice to see them get their first title...and it would be the city of Seattle's first major pro sports title since the SuperSonics--who have since left town and become the OK City Thunder--won the 1978-79 NBA title. On the other hand, it wouldn't bother me to see Manning win 1 more ring before retiring......let's just keep the f---ing lights working today

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 07:36 PM   #859
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

This is probably the less ninterested I ever been for an Super Bowl but I be happy for whoever win. I think the Seattle goin win they been on fire all year long. It be nice too see the Broncos win due to the fact many thought Manning will never make too the Super Bowl again
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 05:55 AM   #860
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Just one more example of how, even with a GREAT QB, you can't nickle-and-dime the ball down the field against an elite defense. Even the 49ers' teams with Joe Montana, which made many coaches fall in love with the short passing game, very rarely faced up against an elite defense in the postseason during those four years when they won a SB title. You've GOT to keep those aggressive defenses honest with big-play capability that can stretch the field somewhat.......otherwise, they'll start drilling your receivers on all of those dinky 3-to-5-yard patterns and throw the whole offense out of whack. Those who don't learn from history are damned to repeat it, with harsh consequences like today's

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Old Feb 8th, 2014, 11:12 AM   #861
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

In case you hadn't noticed, the Winter Olympics have started!
http://www.upworthy.com/canada-makes...seconds?c=ufb1
Old Feb 8th, 2014, 02:28 PM   #862
country flag bruce goose

No temporary Olympics thread this year???

Old Mar 9th, 2014, 02:57 PM   #863
country flag bruce goose

Well, Rafa had sort of a shameful moment yesterday.......No, he didn't shove an elderly woman out of the way to go through the door ahead of her, nor did he smack a blind person in the face who'd asked for his autograph. Nope, Rafa did something almost as embarrassing: He lost a SET to Radek. Of course, he improved his H2H to a perfect 7-0 against one of his simplest-to-conquer personal bitches, but Rafa had only lost one set to the cokehead perv since 2005...back when Rafa wasn't even eligible to vote, and that lost set was on grass, his "weak" surface(though he's a multiple Slam champ on all of them)

Just about always, Radek is no more than a sparring partner for the elite 4 of the ATP on the singles court.........NOT the sparring partner you'd use when preparing for a tough, championship boxing match, more like the barely-good-enough sparring partner you'd call when you're overcoming a serious shoulder or hand injury...someone who's no danger at all and is easy to bitch-slap around as you experiment with various punches. In fact, Mr. Quit-a-Slam-match-with-a-headache is pretty much worthless as a singles player.......unless you're a dizzy WTA airhead with low self-esteem(and even LOWER common sense)...or some slut who's looking for a partner to snort coke lines with and teach you anti-drug-testing tricks....or maybe even a sadist who wants to see what it's like to contract some STDs

Ultimately, Rafa distinguished himself as a champion by doing what champions do when they face a bum who's having a career-best day. He didn't let the pressure get to him and he won the key points when he had to do so...and that's one thing that separates champions from mere highly-talented players

Old Mar 27th, 2014, 03:46 AM   #864
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

A bigger/better racquet doesn't stop you from being a headcase.
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #865
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
A bigger/better racquet doesn't stop you from being a headcase.
Rather, headcases are ENCOURAGED in Allaster's version of the WTA, as long as they're physically attractive enough to serve as poster girls. She doesn't care one whit about the quality of the product that fans receive(or the empty seats found at many tourneys)......so long as sponsorship dollars keep rolling in.

A corollary to your post is that a big bat doesn't make you a better hitter, which is a relevant statement with today's start to the N.A. pro baseball season. I can overlook its American origins since we Latinos now dominate the sport