Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucie Safarova Cheering Thread

258K views 5K replies 160 participants last post by  James 
#1 · (Edited)
Udachi Lucie.​

#4,668 ·
I think she is gonna be 16 seed at the USO :lol: with Pavs loss today she should be 17 in the rankings next week and Kanepi is out...so she'll be seeded to make R4 :spit:

That'll just be more embarrassing when she loses R1 :p

#4,669 ·
Not the best draw :awww:

I hate that Kanepi had to WD, but Lucie getting the 16 seed makes it a little bit better :p
She better not lose in R1 :spit:

#4,670 ·
Yeah I like Kaia too, and its so tough for her that shes been in great form this year and still top 15 despite all her injury timeouts, but she just cant string weeks together.

But yeah it's good to be a top 16 seed because she cant draw a top player until R4 :lol: But like I said now a round 1 loss would be more embarrassing.

#4,671 ·
I was hoping for the 17th seed honestly. If she were in the 17-24 bracket then she could potentially face someone in the 5-8 group as a 4th round match. Now that she is the 16th seed she will be guaranteed to face a top 4 seed in round 4.

#4,674 ·
True lol. I'd just rather take the risk of her playing someone ranked 9-16 in round three as opposed to be guaranteed to play one of the top four seeds in Round 4. I really really want to be ambitious and see her make another slam QF, but the top 4 seeds are TOUGH this slam with the exception of Radwanska.

#4,677 ·
I tend to agree it would be a miracle if she lived up to her seeding this year and would be very embarrassing if another round one exit occurs. Especially as last year... no can't remember what happened there...

Anyway, before that it's New Haven and Lucie beat Lepchenko by a retirement win. Service stats are excellent again. Lucie seems destined not to play Kvitova so I expect she'll withdraw or one or the other will lose before the QF. :lol:

#4,683 ·
Even with her slam results she is still 16 in the race. :lol:

#4,687 ·
What is Lucie's 16th best result? She didn't get any further points added to her ranking for her QF run in New Haven..Still at 2210

#4,688 ·
#4,690 ·
[3] Maria Sharapova - Melinda Czink
Lourdes Dominguez Lino - Sesil Karatantcheva
Timea Bacsinsky - [WC] Mallory Burdette
Lucie Hradecka - Anabel Medina Garrigues

Nadia Petrova - Jarmilla Gajdosova
Simona Halep - Iveta Benesova
Alexandra Cadantu - Aleksandra Wozniak
[WC] Melanie Oudin - [15] Lucie Safarova

#4,692 ·
“We see each other every day and we are good friends,” Safarova said. “It’s difficult but we handle it well. Petra played really well tonight. She was serving amazing. When she is on, she is a very tough player and very difficult to stop.

“I struggled with my serve tonight and she is always going 100 percent when returning a serve. I was really trying to get a good serve, but then you make mistakes and I ended up with many double faults.

So here's the problem :lol: whenever she thinks 'oh I REALLY have to serve well' she serves worse because she tries to hard.

Source: http://nhregister.com/articles/2012...429.txt?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

#4,693 ·
It's funny because just last nice I was thinking about the fact that she's just ''too nice'' on court, she needs to ''bitch it up'' :lol:. So facing a good friend is always tough but I'm sure it's tougher for her. Look at KvittyGoat, she's so nice but when she gets on court, she's got that tough demeanor. I'm scared for her match against Wozniack in the 2nd round as she is one of her closest friend too on tour...

Yep, when I looked at the stats, I was sure that she was going for too much because Petra will annihilate weak 2nd serves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.