Tennis Forum banner

What players are socially awkward ? And extrovert/introvert ?

14K views 69 replies 46 participants last post by  Passierschlag 
#1 ·
I have been asked to make this thread , so go on :lol:

I don't know how to say if anyone is socially awkward or not, tbh, they could be only shy. :shrug:

#47 ·
I dont know why people are calling Bartoli socially awkward. I dont think someone socially awkward could come up with as many great quotes/insults as she does in her pressers.

#50 ·
Azarenka's 2012 AO Final speech shows how socially awkward she is. And I've definitely felt awkward listening to Serena sometimes especially during her speeches. They're definitely not shy though and that's what makes them awkward.

Venus and Maria seem pretty mellow and down to earth though.

#58 ·
Socially awkward: Wickmayer,Azarenka, maybe Bartoli, maybe Kvitova but I understand her fellow players like her a lot. I think with Petra it was just a struggle to speak in English.

shy/introvert: Stosur, Venus Williams, Justine Henin, Elena Dementieva, Dinara Safina, Ana Ivanovic, Anabel Medina Garrigues

extroverted: Francesca Schiavone, Jankovic, Wozniacki, Petkovic

#61 ·
Maria is more introverted than extroverted, but her quick wit and (dry) humour is that of someone who is the absolute opposite of socially awkward. I guess she just doesn't speak out loudly and freely and dance on court like others. I remember one of her after-match off court interviews at the AO this year: "What are we all cheering about? Do we all like wine?" :lol:

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#64 ·
Светльо;24098794 said:
Императрица Мария is an introvert; most probably an INTP since she has aspirations to be an architect.

Hampton had a severe back injury which clearly caused her a lot of pain. In the on-court interview Vikaria was like 'I want a back injury to'(so that she can play like Hampton did) like the uneducated, tactless spawn of evil she is.
Yup, if only Vicky could follow Императрица Мария's lead of tactful and intelligent acts such as yelling "RUN RUN" towards her opponents in matches. :eek:

#67 ·
Светльо;24098794 said:
Императрица Мария is an introvert; most probably an INTP since she has aspirations to be an architect.

Hampton had a severe back injury which clearly caused her a lot of pain. In the on-court interview Vikaria was like 'I want a back injury to'(so that she can play like Hampton did) like the uneducated, tactless spawn of evil she is.
Even the fanciest font cannot mask the high level of fail in this post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.