Mirjana's live matches 2014 - Page 260 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 22nd, 2014, 10:11 PM   #3886
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana's live matches 2014

Cilic won US Open then lost to Karlovic.
Cibulkova lost to Bellis, Friesdam and Diacthenko recently.
Serena lost 0-6 2-6 to Simona today.
Bouchard got double bageled by Rogers.

You lose at times. I just wish she was more into it at the start of second set.

Also, I was watching Asia play Rogers and Quebec. She was up 7-6 5-3, choked and lost 6-7 in third set. Knew she would have a big win sooner or later.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 22nd, 2014, 10:27 PM   #3887
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
Remeber when was the last time she was 4-1 and two BP's up? Yes, Riske in RG. It finished 6-7 3-6
..and then didn't win a match until US Open Qualifying. I don't think this loss will bother her as much as that one though. I have a feeling she'll put this behind her.

Mirjana Lucic-Baroni
Marta Domachowska
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2014, 10:29 PM   #3888
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future SERVivor has a brilliant future

Noone has put this result in GM. Shhh. Maybe no one will notice.

Mirjana Lucic-Baroni
Marta Domachowska
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 12:44 AM   #3889
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERVivor View Post
I have a feeling she'll put this behind her.
I think so too. She didn't have to travel far from home to play this tournament and she probably hasn't been training as hard. She also might have been trying different tactics in a match setting and it ended up not working. Her matches against Venus and Simona were huge stakes and she pulled through those strong so I am not worried if she bombs these ITFs.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 02:46 AM   #3890
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

Quote:
Noone has put this result in GM. Shhh. Maybe no one will notice.
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=799882

Last.fm | Croatian tennis | Twitter

Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 07:33 AM   #3891
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertytx View Post
I think so too. She didn't have to travel far from home to play this tournament and she probably hasn't been training as hard. She also might have been trying different tactics in a match setting and it ended up not working. Her matches against Venus and Simona were huge stakes and she pulled through those strong so I am not worried if she bombs these ITFs.
But when she's 2-5 down to Simona she still fights hard, when she's 2-5 down to Asia she doesnt care.

Im not sad because she lost, it happens. I'm sad because I again see her beahviour like it was before US Open and Quebec.
And she lost so many matches because of it. And then she losses confidence etc.
I hope this motivates her for next week.
Because if she's not motivated there's no reason to play.
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 07:47 AM   #3892
ajmo!

But from what I saw yesterday, if she's motivated she'll find her old form back soon. She has been a bit slow to react on first ball after serve, also when moving in the court it felt like she was lost. She missed so many volleys(actually a FH volley miss started a run of UE's at 4-2 30-0, and another easy volley missed at 6-7 4-5 0/0.

But her return looked amazing in first set, also ground game was good when she still has focus.

It's all doable if she feels like it.
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 04:15 PM   #3893
country flag SERVivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
But from what I saw yesterday, if she's motivated she'll find her old form back soon. She has been a bit slow to react on first ball after serve, also when moving in the court it felt like she was lost. She missed so many volleys(actually a FH volley miss started a run of UE's at 4-2 30-0, and another easy volley missed at 6-7 4-5 0/0.

But her return looked amazing in first set, also ground game was good when she still has focus.

It's all doable if she feels like it.
yes, her inability to move in and finish pts. either at the net or with a finishing groundstroke cost her big time. She was moving in to the court fine up until 4-2. Then, Asia started pushing even more and Mirjana couldn't finish the pts. It was not a matter of Asia controlling the pts. off the ground. Asia's game was good serve and decent forehand and a pushing slice backhand, and good movement and reach.

Mirjana Lucic-Baroni
Marta Domachowska
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 07:40 PM   #3894
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of
Muhammad lost to E. Halbauer [wc] (784) 36 75 60

Last.fm | Croatian tennis | Twitter

Greco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 07:58 PM   #3895
country flag SERVivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
Muhammad lost to E. Halbauer [wc] (784) 36 75 60
after being up 6-3 3-0. and 6-3 5-4. She lost the last 9 games. Makes u wonder what would have happened had Mirjana held serve at 4=5 to stay in the match.

Mirjana Lucic-Baroni
Marta Domachowska
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 09:06 PM   #3896
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Mirjana
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2014, 09:18 PM   #3897
ajmo!

Quote:
after being up 6-3 3-0. and 6-3 5-4. She lost the last 9 games. Makes u wonder what would have happened had Mirjana held serve at 4=5 to stay in the match.
Injury?