Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anett Kontaveit

432K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  chingching 
#1 ·
Anett Kontaveit is 14 years old tennis player. She won Estonian national championships in 2009. Could she be new star for Estonia in future? Atleast there is hope for that. This thread is for her. So let`s share Anett`s tennis results and talk about her tennis.

#3,371 ·
Nothing wrong with that! :lol:

Who are Estonia playing? They've been promoted for this year iirc, hope they stay up! :)

#3,375 ·
I would normally say that I'd like her to play Moscow (as last year she won NO TITLES in Singles for the 1st time ever :sobbing:) but Moscow is actually super strong :eek: WTF is Diatchenko doing there?

Kreuzlingen is also strong but she can make her way through that draw. A SF would most likely come from both TTYTT :) Altenkirchen would also have been a good choice :)

#3,377 ·
Oh and BTW people we should vote for Anett to have a Subforum when the next voting period comes along. It annoys me that Vekic and Konjuh have them when she doesn't. And anyway this thread is (sadly) more active than Kaia's :sobbing: :hug: Apparently it is only about Activity and has nothing to do with Ranking.

#3,378 ·
It annoys me that Vekic and Konjuh have them when she doesn't.
It is purely based on the number of posters and posts.

Until she hasn't climbed higher in the rankings and/or made a deep run in some bigger tournament, I don't see the activity increasing that much in this subforum :shrug:

Kaia was top 20 and still there was not much traffic in her thread :help: Some players just don't seem to attract so many fans, for example Svitolina's case is a total mystery - her forum activity is pretty much the same as Anett's thread I'd say. Cibulkova also.

But of course, I am ready to give my vote to Anett to have a forum :)

#3,381 ·
That's why Elina has so few fans. Because people don't normally post in someone's thread unless they are A) from that country or are B) a massive fan for years. Elina is too young to have the 2nd type and there are no Ukrainians to have the 1st. That's why at this stage most of the posters in Anett's thread are Estonian or at least have an Estonian connection. muusa, WhoAmI?, tennisfan, Rusher, SecondAce, Meelis, myself etc.

#3,383 ·
As previously stated, results have nothing to do with Forum selection. It is simply poster activity. Of course there are much more deserving players by ranking, but there are also much more deserving players than Vekic. By Roland Garros Anett will have enough internet activity that having a Livescore Thread, a Video Thread, Pictures thread etc. will be helpful. She's close to her 2nd Volume here and she missed the 2nd half of last year.

#3,385 ·
Well, you can still make a thread for Anett's pics, livescore, gossip, boyfriend, and what else:)
I think Kaia's pictures was there before she had her own subforum.

Cibulkova's case is just so weird IMO. I don't personally like her, but she's got all the features to have a solid fanbase, but nothing..

#3,390 ·
As someone who posts in both Ana and Elina's forum, Ana has a ton of fans(mostly Croatian)and to me, the activity really increased after Auckland last year. As for Elina, it was said in her thread that there are not that many posters, but the ones that are there are loyal and dedicated and we posted a lot when we knew she had a chance to get her own subforum. I don't go in Donna's forum because frankly, I think she is a big disappointment so far. If you really want Anett to get her own subforum, round up everyone here, have them vote and then post here as often as you can. Make(as stated above)a pictures thread, a livescores thread, a social media thread(if she has social media). That will definitely get some attention to the people who make the decision. On a separate note, I noticed in that list above UEGalore was not listed and he/she is Estonian. Perhaps get him/her in here?

#3,393 ·
Makarova doesn't have her own subforum, even her USO SF wasn't enough to get one in December when some players got it. Her only thread was created in 2004 and she still has 2747 posts there.
So it shows that active posters is waaaay more important than player's results. :lol:

And Welcome back, Chingching :D

#3,395 ·
I dont think making the top 20 should automatically get a player forum. Even players with a personality like Cibulkova and Pavs have hardly any fans. Most of the clowns who request a forum will never even post in that forum

#3,397 ·
I think you should. There is more info about you the higher you are ranked so providing you have at least some posters who are willing to interact and post with things about the player, I think it is a nice Top 20 award.

Estonia has a good chance for making the Group Zone I next year. :) She will probably make Kreuzlingen MD (is the 1st ALT for MD). Looking forward to follow her results! :D
Welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.