Tennis Forum banner

Mona Barthel News & Opinion

64K views 499 replies 46 participants last post by  popinjay 
#1 ·
Copypaste all the pieces you find here (that way they remain available even if they disappear elsewhere ;)

#436 ·
Facebook:

So far this year is not going the way I would like to. Last week I had to retire from my match due to a Tendovaginitis in my wrist. In the beginning I wasn't even sure if I would be able to compete at the French Open. But I was lucky and the intense treatment paid off. However I didn't had the preparation I would have liked to had.
Off course I am disappointed that I lost my match, but the most important thing is that my wrist is feeling better.

Dieses Jahr kam für mich noch nicht so richtig ins Rollen. Letzte Woche musste ich mein Match in Straßburg wegen einer Sehnenscheidenentzündung im Handgelenk aufgeben. Ich war am Anfang überhaupt nicht sicher, ob ich wieder fit werde um bei den French Open teilzunehmen. Aber ich hatte Glück und die intensiven Behandlungen haben sich ausgezahlt. Doch leider hatte ich nicht die Vorbereitung, die ich gerne gehabt hätte.
Natürlich bin ich enttäuscht, dass ich mein Match leider nicht gewinnen konnte, aber ich denke, das Wichtigste ist, dass es meinem Handgelenk wieder besser geht.

#441 ·
:awww:

"Hello everybody! I wanted to give you a short update on my wrist. It is feeling much much better and I will be able to compete at the tournament in Eastbourne. I am sorry that I wasn't able to play in Nottingham or Birmingham this year. I was really looking forward competing in Great Britain, because I enjoy playing there a lot.
But the most important thing is that my wrist is feeling good and ready to compete."

Ajde Pushthel :cheer::cheer::cheer:

#442 ·
Here are some pictures from my match yesterday in Eastbourne against Belinda Bencic. First of all the good news are, that my wrist is feeling good and I have no pain. Unfortunately it wasn't enough for the win, I had some good chances in the second set leading 5:2 and having four set points, but I couldn't convert them. But I am taking the positives out from my first grass court match in 2015 and I am looking forward to competing in Wimbledon next week.
Good to have you back, Mona! :awww:

With regard to her racket, it seems she has switched back from Babolat to Prince.

#446 ·
Facebook:

Hello everybody,
How are you doing? I know I haven't been updating you for a long time and I am really sorry for that. But I think I had some good success in the last couple of weeks. Everything started with making the finals again in Bastad, unfortunately I couldn't get the title again, but Johanna Larsson played a really great tournament. And together with Laura Siegemund I also reached the semi finals in doubles. After that I rushed to Istanbul where I reached the second round, which was also a good success for me considering that I didn't had a lot of time transitioning to the hard courts and the different conditions.
Right now I am playing tournaments in the US. My first tournament was in Stanford where I reached the quarterfinals winning against Carol Zhao and Andrea Petkovic before losing to Varvara Lepchenko. Right after that match I jumped into the car going to the airport and I was taking a night flight to Toronto. I arrived in the morning having a short night just trying to sleep while sitting on the plane. Later that afternoon, on the same day, I played my first quali match against Shahar Peer, which I won and I am proud of that achievement, because it wasn't easy with all the travelling. But the next day was pretty tough and I wasn't feeling great and struggled in my match against Anna Tatishvili.
Right now I am in Cincinnati. Here are some imressions of my matches I played here so far. I qualified by beating Elena Vesnina 6:1 6:2 and Irina Falconi 6:4 6:1. In the maindraw I am facing Casey Dellacqua on Tuesday. I am also playing doubles with Jarmila Gajdosova. It's nice that my doubles ranking improved, so I am able to play more doubles also on the bigger tournaments.
I am wishing you all a great day... and I try to keep you updated more frequently

#454 ·
Facebook

It was a great way to finish the season with two finals! Unfortunately it wasn't enough to win the final in singles against Misaki Doi. But nonetheless I think it was a great result for me finishing runner up at this strong tournament.
Together with Laura Siegemund I won the title in doubles against Anabel Medina Garrigues and Arantxa Parra Santonja.
Overall I think I played a good second half of the year after all the injuries and illnesses I had in the beginning. I am really looking forward to the new season especially after the great success in Luxembourg and I am curious what 2016 has to offer

But first of all I will take some time off. I wasn't home for three months, so my body and mind need some time to rest.

#460 ·
Leider musste ich meine Teilnahme bei den Deutschen Meisterschaften absagen. Ich habe mir eine Magen-Darm Erkrankung zugezogen. Mir geht es langsam besser und ich hoffe, dass ich mich schnell erhole.
Ich sehe mich aber leider noch nicht diese Woche Tennis auf Wettkampf Niveau zu spielen.
Es tut mir wirklich leid für alle die mich gerne bei den deutschen Meisterschaften gesehen hätten. Ich hoffe, es klappt ein anderes Mal.

:sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.