Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anett Kontaveit

431K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  chingching 
#1 ·
Anett Kontaveit is 14 years old tennis player. She won Estonian national championships in 2009. Could she be new star for Estonia in future? Atleast there is hope for that. This thread is for her. So let`s share Anett`s tennis results and talk about her tennis.

#1,327 ·
6-3 6-2 is a bit too close IMo :(
Anyway, I am really excited for her match against Knapp :)
I know that we keep on getting frustrated by her results at 25K Level, but she has never lost before the 2nd Round and in every tournament she has played her opponent has gone on to reach at least the SFs, even the Final in Chiasso and Yoshkar-Ola :) If she wins, I see a semi :D

#1,330 ·
She actually started badly (was down *0-2) so you may consider that after she got into the match it's a 6-1 6-2 scoreline.

And yeah, Knapp played like shit. I watched her match and she let her opponent (who is barely Top 500) go *4-1 in set 1. :spit: Her opponent then "choked" but I guess that with Anett it won't be the same. :)

#1,329 ·
I actually think Anett can win :)
I mean, she is playing a girl who played on clay last week and even there didn't play that well and her IH results have been far from spectacular. I mean Suomalainen lost to a girl who lost in the QF of Anett's Mexico 10K :D I think it's possible, but she still isn't the favourite :)

#1,336 ·
Wow, that's a great result! Too bad about the tiebreak, but a really great 2nd and 3rd set. Honestly I didn't believe she could win after losing the tb.
This should be her best win on ITF/WTA circuit?

Next up is Sadikovic, lost to her last time in Helsinki, but it went to three sets. Hopefully a revenge is waiting :) Or it goes by the other scenario when she defeats a high seed only to lose to someone random in the next round.

#1,339 ·
It was so nerve-wrecking to follow the score. I was scared that she could choke the match away, especially when she got broken easily when she was serving at 4-1 in 3rd set but she instead won the next 2 games and the match :D

#1 seed killer..Townsend in USO, Majeric in Yoshkar-Ola and Knapp here :worship:

#1,342 ·
I know :lol: And except for Mestach and Majeric, Anett was the closest as Sadikovic gave Schmiedlova a bagel. But I can understand why Sadikovic is a bad match up for Anett: She has a huge serve but has really good defensive skills, playing a good slice and excellent volleys. Anett would have struggled to attack her and when she gave a short ball, I think Sadikovic would have won almost every point. I hope Anett plays Ankara 50K :D I think she has a chance to go far there :) Anyway, 2 straight 25K QFs is much better for Anett than some of her other results this season :)

#1,347 ·
And he's Romanian, on top of that :oh:

Perhaps Anett should start drawing players who're not in their best form ever at that particular moment :oh:
I expect a top 250 ranking, maybe more if she chooses to play a few easier tournaments than usual, but she really needs some luck with the draws.

#1,350 ·
I know I'm late on this, but here is my report from the USO:

-I saw some of Kontaveit-Kiick. It was such a messy match :eek:. Tons of UEs. Kontaveit had more power and basically dictated play from what I saw, although it was clear that neither player was on their A game. But Kontaveit did hit some nice winners here and there ;)

Reactions: chingching
#1,352 · (Edited)
All info is much appreciated :)
OMG!!!!!!!
I liked Marten almost as much as Anett :sobbing:
Hopefully this new coach will be helpful though :(
Although I really liked what Marten had done with her :( Shes had a really consistent Juniors year and I think he did really good things :(

Also, Anett is not on Traralgon list :scared:
I guess she's just playing the open :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.