Tennis Forum banner

Agi In The City That Never Sleeps-US Open 2010!

4K views 55 replies 10 participants last post by  Daniela-Is-Mine 
#1 ·
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
R1 vs. Zahlavova :cheer:
Good Luck! :)

#2 ·
Zahlavova is an amazing draw, and I will be there to watch :drool:.

Second round is Pennetta, third Peer, fourth Venus Williams. I doubt she can beat Pennetta, but this is a friendly draw if she can find some form :). I know she has it somewhere in there, just she probably won't find it ;).

#3 ·
Schnyder/Ági for doubles. They should get in here :tape:.

#7 ·
Good luck Agi :cheer:

She should win the 1st round(which means 100pts to add in her rank),then if she could win against Pennetta,Peer etc even better.

She will play on Monday,it seems.

Nick,have fun and give us some reports,please :bounce:(I´m sure it will be in some court without cams :()

Andrew,you will be there too? :bounce:

#8 ·
Here is my US Open report thread :).

#9 ·
I will go Monday and Tuesday, so definitely seeing Ági, but if she plays Monday I can hopefully convince my parents to let me go Wednesday too (I just have a doctor appointment that day, so hopefully I can change it :eek:) and then I can see her second round.

#10 ·
When is doubles draw out?

#14 ·
Doubles draw is out. Team "Szader" is playing AMG/Yan in the first round. This is a tough one. They will have to wayyyy better than Budapest.

#11 ·
BTW it is rumored that Kirilenko may withdraw, so if she does Dulgheru will take her slot and Ágnes will get Dulgheru's. This would be facing Coin in the first round and then Arvidsson or Cirstea in the second and then Vera in the third. That is a nice draw, at least until Vera, if she were put there :).

#13 ·
Monday OOP out :woohoo: Ági is third (last) match on Court 12 :bounce:.

#16 ·
"I'm starting to get better and we can finally train. We had a really bad weather so far, it was very windy and it rained a lot. As we got to NY a little early, we lived a in a different hotel than we will during the US Open, but we could finally move to the final place. I received the US Open collection from Fila, and they look really good, but I have to exchange some of them because the size is wrong. As for the draw, it could always be easier and tougher too, but I'm happy I don't play a seed right in the first round. There are no easy opponents in these big tournaments." - Ági said after the draw was made.

#19 ·
I have photos :D.

It was so awesome!!! Zahlavova was kind of pathetic, but Ági played really well!!! Her backhand is incredible, but her forehands were awesome too.

#20 ·
Agi :banana:
And I didn't even go to her match but Hakapeszi and Karlos made it seem like I did :p
I'm going tomorrow night though :p

#21 ·
iSzávay's results thread said:
Ági is love!!! Her backhand is amaze! I was reminded of these two things today. Her forehand and serve were also very good though! She was smiling, positive and focused the whole time. Perfect performance for me. Sandra has no sponsor, I guess, all her clothes were from different brands, and during the warm-up she was wearing a hat that said Wilson on it. An official came to the court during the warm-up and handed the umpire a brand new US Open 2010 hat. When the warm-up ended, the umpire told Zahlavova something and she took off her hat and took out another one and asked if that was okay. He then offered her the US Open one but she shook her head and put on one of those black plastic headbands instead. However, she took this off a few games later. Both players had the same racquet. Ágnes completely dominated Zahlavova, she was outhitting her with serve, forehand, and backhand. She was also great at defense. I will be honest though, Zahlavova sucked and if Ágnes didn't hit a winner, Sandra would miss. Zahlavova has a long low grunt, it is quite a strange noise. There were a bunch of guys in aviator glasses screaming for Ági, and the match was right next to the Monfils match, which was really loud so both of these seemed distracting, but Ágnes was very focused. Ágnes was jsust so confident, she played all the big points well and didn't choke even slightly. The game Sandra won at the beginning of the second set seemed like it could have been a turning point, as she attacked and it worked for her, but Ági held at love right after, and Sandra just went back to pushing, as she had the whole first set. This just did not work for her, Ágnes ate it up completely and dominated her. At one point in the second, Zahlavova finally hit a good putaway shot, and Ági just give this look of humorous surprise the ball had gone in. Another thing I found funny from Ági was one time Sandra clearly missed but it wasn't called out, so Ágnes looked all mad and started glaring at the linesman. The umpire then shouted that he had overruled it, and she just looked over and flashed this cheeky satisfied smile. It was cute. The New Yorkers like Ági from 2007 I guess, they were nice to her after the match and she was nice too. She took a picture with me :D but I won't post it here.
There is some talk of the match.

#22 ·
So basically Ági just played really well today and perfect on important points. It was so fun :hearts:.

The only thing is Zahlavova did let her. All the same, I am confident Ágnes can beat Pennetta, but it will be very tough, as Pennetta seems to have played well in her match too.

#23 ·
Ágnes is not playing doubles tomorrow. I guess Wednesday or Thursday.

#24 ·
Thanks for the report ;)

#32 ·
That's good to hear, I thought she has played well by the score. Hopefully Ági can win :bounce:.

#33 ·
WTF :confused: I totally did not see this. That is the side of the court across from me too :unsure: maybe it was before the match, I saw Karl-Heinz walk by right as I got there, so maybe he was leaving this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.