#1 · (Edited)
Petra´s schedule

flying to Australia DEC 25

BRISBANE - BRISBANE INTERNATIONAL DEC 30 - JAN 05

SYDNEY - APIA INTERNATIONAL SYDNEY JAN 06 - JAN 11

MELBOURNE - AUSTRALIAN OPEN JAN 14 - JAN 27

#234 ·
Re: Petra beat Francesca in Melbourne

I was expecting shitfest and hard match. I got it, still can't believe how slow court was, it's looks slower then USO:eek:

I don't want jump into any conclusion cause it's still early in a season but Petra's game looked really broken, she was right that she needs more real matches to fully adjust to new system, tho i don't liked it

btw, :lol: @ everyone who doubted my gurl just because of tankloss to Domi:p

#237 ·

it looked waaay too hot :eek:

Hey, at least she won. Winning a third set :hearts: should give her some confidence going into her next match.

#238 ·

For all the talk about the match being close,Petra rather comfortably won 6-2 in the 3rd vs a former Slam champ:cool:....Am ALSO glad that Petra forced us to change that dorky thread title by winning:lol:

#240 ·

Petra

About second set „I knew this was the road to hell."
http://sport.idnes.cz/petra-kvitova...lo-pz3-/tenis.aspx?c=A130115_072602_tenis_ten

About preseason “My body parts that were weak are stronger, but I play the same old style. It is messed up.“
http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis...australii-do-boje-zvykam-si-na-nove-telo.html

Am ALSO glad that Petra forced us to change that dorky thread title by winning:lol:
You will love the next one.

#248 ·

Though I didn't watch Roebson's match, I'm not worried about Petra playing another lefty. That's usually not an issue for her, if she's anything close to reasonable form.

Petra's good hands, usually alleviate any issue of the ball coming from different angles and spins.

#251 ·

^
she lost to Schnyder and Benesova in 09/10, twice to Kerber last year and once to Makarova

she was 5-3 facing lefties in 12 and before that 8-4
Her match against Kerber is always very tight and Kerber is an excellent retriever, so that's why Petra has a hard time playing her. The loss against Makarova was out of nervousness I think (it was in Eastbourne) because she knew she had to defend Wimbledon (I mean, that loss wasn't typical Petra on grass), also Makarova had already captured the title before in Eastbourne. Against Benesova and Schnyder, that was her pre-2011 form so she wasn't mature enough then.

#252 ·

I think the best tactics against Robson is to let her run (utilizing deep shots, using angles and maintaining variety if she can, of course) so she can't execute her A-game. I mean, if I would have seen Petra's A-game today, then I would say, she should go for her first-strike tennis. I have seen some flashes of those good shots but still inconsistent.

#257 ·

^
actually that stuttgart qf win over kerber is my choice of her match of the year :lol:
That was a great match.

That's how you know, how much better than Kerber, Petra is when healthy, cause Kerber was arguably playing and moving her best at that tournament (remember the infamous Wozniaki match), and Petra just rolled her.

And you could see the frustration on Kerbers face, in dealing with Petra's pace and/or angle and spins. She looked helpless many times. And her best advantage to win (in all their matches), is to just run everything down, or hope Petra misses.

#259 ·

:D I can’t believe it is only January and it is utter mayhem ….Just checking into Ms Kvitova’s temple of doom for 2013 for the planned ritualistic torture she is going to dish out to us during the next 11 months or so:tape: …as long as high priest huggy bear:fiery: is leading the sacrificial dances kvitty performs on court, no light insight to this black hole …. I think today’s win was just a passing shooting star ….
;)The only difference I see in 2013 is that she looks more glamorous than ever … just wish it was with her game though…someone please shoot that bear on sight:help:……

#260 ·

:D I can’t believe it is only January and it is utter mayhem ….Just checking into Ms Kvitova’s temple of doom for 2013 for the planned ritualistic torture she is going to dish out to us during the next 11 months or so:tape: …as long as high priest huggy bear:fiery: is leading the sacrificial dances kvitty performs on court, no light insight to this black hole …. I think today’s win was just a passing shooting star ….
;)The only difference I see in 2013 is that she looks more glamorous than ever … just wish it was with her game though…someone please shoot that bear on sight:help:……
Where were you in December? :confused: Petra missed her regular fitness training in Slovak mountains so we thought you would organize a Kotyza-less fitness camp in Lillehammer or Hemsedal so that she finally gets rid of that belly. :D

#267 · (Edited)

Excelsior is the bandwagon leader :angel: :lol:

I'm glad I found this forum though, now I have people to commiserate with. :sobbing:
I know, right? :lol: :eek: :lol:

And when you watch someone like Petrova (and others similar to her with past or recent success/high rankings) get knocked in the first round, it just reminds you where Petra can be, if she doesn't watch it. And imagine how bad it will be then? :sad:

It's clear that to be at top player--who's consistent, it takes strong focus and excellent preparation. Say what we want, make what ever excuses we want, but that's what it is and takes to be continually excellent. It's a drive, a work ethic, and a attention to detail, that you and your team/extended team must have.

I just hope Petra or her team (who ever they could be in the future, if changes are ever made), wakes up soon enough, so she can still have enough time to fulfill her vast potential if/when she does. However, right now (regardless of her results this week), things are just run very sloppily. That's just the honest reality of it.

The way I see it, Petra has 3mos to 3 years (short term vs long term view) to get it together. Maybe less (on the three year part). And of course, the process of ascent or decline, can start anytime within that 3 month to 3 yr period.

#270 ·
Re: Petra and Laura dancing Gangnam Style in Melbourne

Oh well.

I guess I'll have to find out or wake up early in the morning? :shrug:

I didn't check the time conversion yet (maybe 3am EST), but I will soon enough.

Nonetheless, good Luck Petra!! And don't let Rod Laver Arena place any extra pressure on you (since you been getting knocked out of tournaments early so much lately), and Robson may feel she has nothing to lose. Just play your game, and don't turn into a BBB.

#271 ·

Oh well.

I guess I'll have to find out or wake up early in the morning? :shrug:

I didn't check the time conversion yet (maybe 3am EST), but I will soon enough.
Excelscior, it will most likely be 5:30 AM EST, Thursday January 17 for us.

Petra and Laura, the two predominant left hand power hitters, should be a great match.

#279 ·

This might be slightly off-topic,but the thought came to me after seeing Stosur bomb out early yet again at her 'home Slam': How do you all feel that Petra would do if the "Czech Open" were the 'fifth Slam'?

#281 ·

What the hell she is playing?I really don't like her disappointment written on her face and her negative body language.

#282 ·

What the hell she is playing?I really don't like her disappointment written on her face and her negative body language.
Petra's finished (at the moment), till she changes her team and/or mindset, work habits.

It's simple as that!!!!!!!

She isn't a quarter of the player she was, even last year (first half of the season).

Just awful all around.

And even if she was suffering from asthma today. That should have made her play smarter on the key points, so she could have won this in two sets, or earlier in the third. You just can't keep giving away easy opportunities (especially BP's and easy to handle 2nd serves and gimmees all game), and expect to win, especially if you're not 100%, and the other player is capable of having their decent moments.

#291 ·
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

You seem to be one of the few on her, that hasn't noticed the alarming degradation of her game and mental strength, even compared to early last year. :eek:
honestly, i was surprised she stayed in a match that long, old Petra wold have lost it before, this's + in improved fitness but the old old Petra would have carry on from 3-0 to a win. I believed in her till last point was over but like i've said it before, won't pass any judgment before 1R of FC is over, until them it's just a dissapointing start of the season that can be followed by a win at RG\Wimbledon:rolleyes:

#300 ·

honestly, i was surprised she stayed in a match that long, old Petra wold have lost it before, this's + in improved fitness but the old old Petra would have carry on from 3-0 to a win. I believed in her till last point was over but like i've said it before, won't pass any judgment before 1R of FC is over, until them it's just a dissapointing start of the season that can be followed by a win at RG\Wimbledon:rolleyes:
D E L U S I O N A L

:rolleyes:

#289 ·

Unfortunately, Petra deserved to lose :sad: .. She had to win a game when there were 3*-1 30-0 and a few game-points.
Agreed.

I don't care what your excuse is.

And it's not like Robson was lighting it up either.

Well deserved loss on Petra's part.

Congrats to Flopson.

Hopefully, this will make Petra finally re-access everything about herself, her game and handlers.

#293 ·

The thread title is off. It's more like "Kvitova collapses to Robson" I managed to see 3-0 and then . did she have it at 5-3? Either way when she broke herself to 0 . it was . . .uggh. The worst part is that I don't get upset at these losses anymore.

#301 ·

The current Petra is much worse than last year's Petra. What was she doing in the off-season?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.